1 | Broken

Her Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa | Broken
 

Broken.

I felt so broken and I hated it.

I hated the battle in my chest that would leave me in constant pain and discomfort. I hated the sickness in my stomach and the knot in my throat that I struggled to swallow. Hated how every time I laid in bed, I realized falling asleep is inconceivable. And, in those sleepless nights, I would find myself trying to search for any kind of reassurance that everything was going to be fine.

But, I knew it was only wishful thinking.

"Are you two almost done faces? I want to go home already," I —tried to— tease. However, I immediately felt more weight fall on my chest when all I received from the pretty brunette was a giggle and a throaty moan following after.

The quarterback, Junhoe, someone who I once considered my best friend but ended up losing that friendship the moment high school began because of reputation, slid his dirty, meaty hands down Jennie's and squeezed the flesh.

I looked away and fought an eye roll. I felt angry. They had only been together for three weeks and this live show had been going on everyday.

Everyday after school, I would walk Jennie to her locker. And, every damn time, Junhoe would show up and attack the lips I always wanted to taste. And Jennie would love it every single time and forget that I was waiting for her.

I'm always waiting for her.

So, yes, I was angry. But not only from 
the situation, I was angry at myself for falling in love with my best friend. But, I couldn't help but feel relieved for feeling angry. Anger and hate always blocked out the overwhelming sadness I felt.

I huffed and turned away, not wanting to witness anything between the two any further. It hurt, oh God it hurt. "I'll meet you at the car," I muttered under my breath before walking away. I was exhausted both mentally and physically.

But, I hadn't even stepped out of the hallway when Jennie suddenly called our for me. "Lisa wait!" And being extremely weak for that honey like voice, I stopped but refused to turn around. I couldn't help wincing towards the sound of the last little smack of their lips before holding in my breath hearing Jennie's light footsteps tap against the tiles from behind.

"Sorry," she panted out.

I turned around to face my weakness and smiled,

"It's okay, let's go?" I asked while holding the door open for Jennie. I was desperately trying to fight back the cry that was bubbling up in my throat from the sight of Jennie's hazy brown feline eyes, flushed rosy cheeks and her swollen pink lips. The sight was killing me and Jennie would never know. Especially when she held my hand and guided us outside together.

 

"So, when are you going to get your license?" Jennie suddenly asked, breaking the new kind of silence between us. It was never quiet in our car rides, but ever since Jennie had begun to grow popularity and date Junhoe, something had changed between us. But I refused to believe it.

With a sly grin, I chuckled, "Getting tired of my presence already?" I teased, ignoring the way Jennie had let out a breath of relief and softened her smile. The brunette flickered her eyes towards me and playfully narrowed them.

"Impossible," she stated before focusing her attention back on the road.

Was it really impossible Jen?

"I mean, I guess I can't live without you either," I breathed out, acting as if I was cringing at the idea. She smirked,

"Oh really now?" She challenged.

"Yeah you're cool," I casually said with a Jennie gawking afterwards. She immediately began to swat my arms,

"Take that back Manoban," she laughed out. I squealed and tried to block her hits,

"Help! I'm getting assaulted by a raging cat!"

"Keep that up and I'm dropping your tiny off right here right now."

I guess we're back to normal.





 

Or so I thought.






 

"You coming in?" I asked, unbuckling my seatbelt. Normally, after school, Jennie would come over and do her homework with me. But it looked like she had other plans, seeing as she was fiddling with her fingers and sending me a smile that looked apologetic. I looked into her nervous eyes that seemed to be glazing with regret.

I didn't know why.

"Can't today, my mom wants me home tonight," she said before looking forward and clearing . I gripped onto the door handle with the lack of further explanation.

She was lying.

I forced out a smile, "Oh okay, I'll call you tonight then?" I asked. I held in my breath as relief washed over her tensed features before she gave me my favorite smile of hers. It was the kind of smile that always left me lightheaded and the reason for my heart skipping a beat.

It was when her eyes would squint, her cheeks would puff out and I would have a glimpse of her cute gums. I always called it her beautiful gummy smile.

She nodded, "And I'll answer, trust me." I chuckled while opening the door. I slide out, shouldering my bag and bent down to smile at her,

"I trust you Jennie," I said. My tone was full of sincerity because I genuinely trusted her. She was someone I love and was my best friend after all. But, seeing as her body tensed up and she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, something stirred in the pit of my stomach, something bad.

I trust her.

I trust her.

I trust her.








 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter