6 | Changed

Her Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa | Changed



 

My name is Lalisa Manoban. I was born and raised in Bangkok where I had the opportunity to study business for 4 years. By the age of 21, I graduated college with excellent scores and took the responsibility of my grandpas small restaurant and the end of the year, I was able to grow it into Thailand's most popular restaurant.

By the next year, the restaurant had double in size and grew all over the continent. And, finally, by the time I turned 23, I was known as the youngest successor of the continent which led me here today in Korea.

With all this overwhelming success, I thought I'd feel like my life was finally getting into place. I believed everything in my life would have made sense and fill in that emptiness in my chest. But, standing here and gazing into her stunned brown eyes again, I felt every missing part of me being completed.




 

Damn it.



 

I wasn't suppose to feel this way. I wasn't suppose to be itching to feel her skin under my finger tips. My lips wasn't suppose to quiver in need to feel hers pressed against them. I wasn't suppose to crave to jump towards her and pull her against my body. My heart wasn't allowed to be singing in delight just by seeing her stepping towards my frozen figure.

But it was.

She still looked as radiant as ever, maybe even more. Her hair was a shade darker, her face had matured into a beautiful woman. And just the way she held herself brought a strange yet recognizable sensation to settle in the pit of my stomach. Time was not her enemy.

The way her tight black pants hugged her slender legs to the way her black tank top underneath her light grey blazer complimented her pale skin brought back the butterflies in my stomach.

        

I wanted to trace my fingers down her smooth cheeks until they would find themselves grazing her lips with just the tip of my thumb. I wanted to pull her close and embrace her petite figure and never let go. And that want frightened me. It was just like high school.

"Sorry for interrupting," I apologized. Jennie blinked away her stunned expression but kept her eyes on me. They were staring intently sending my brain into a frenzy.

"It's uh," she cleared while adjusting her grey blazer and brushed her fingers through her soft brown hair. It was always her habit when she was overwhelmed with her emotions. "It's okay," she said.

I felt a shiver go down my spine in the most pleasurable way as I watched her eyes roamed down my body and back up to my eyes. Her eyes had darkened for only a second until realization dawned on her.

Her students were watching.

"Damn girl, you fine as hell!"

I pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth, trying to stifle a laughter seeing her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. She mouthed an apology before turning to her students with sharp eyes.

"Dahyun!" She hissed. "What did I tell you about harassment?" I look towards the class and instantly shuffled in my feet in discomfort. All their eyes were on me, well, on my body.

Jennie must've noticed how uncomfortable I was so she took a textbook and slammed it down her desk sending all her students jolting in surprise. A chuckle escaped from my lips seeing her smiling innocently at the students.

"Now that I have gained your undivided attention again, I'll be stepping out for a just a moment. And when I'm back I'd like a written paragraph of what you believe the poem was about."

Ignoring the groan and protest from the students, Jennie walked up to me and motioned with her hand outside with a small smile. I silently nodded, mirroring that same smile before turning around and exiting the room. And, hearing the same student comment once more, I couldn't help but laugh on my way out.

"Damn that .." The student muttered.

"I'll see you in detention Dahyun..." Jennie scolded before slamming the door shut and leaning against it with a huff. I let out a soft laugh again seeing annoyance radiating off of her.

"Your students are quite entertaining," I commented, placing my trembling hands into my back pockets. Just merely standing in front of her again sent an overwhelming feeling to wave through me. She pinched the bridge of her nose in irritation and exhaled deeply,

"Entertaining? Yes. Pain in my ? Most definitely," she chuckled out. She dropped her hand and slowly met my eyes and, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter