5 | You Again

Her Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa | You Again


 





 

8 years later

I found myself breathing harshly and shuddering as the gust of the familiar freezing wind hit the skin of my cheeks the moment I walked out through the sliding doors of the airport. I stopped for a moment and adjusted my long sleeve black ruffled shirt. I wasn't very use to the cold anymore or very fond of it. But, I never really was.

I exhaled deeply and shivered before tightening my hold on the luggage handle and walking further outside the cold mornings air. The further I walked, the more I realized I was back into a world that wasn't necessarily unknown to me. It was a world that I was already accustomed to.

Unfortunately.

I pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth as I heard a familiar language swimming in the atmosphere, creating a sense of Deja vu to settle in. It wasn't really a welcoming feeling per se. It was more of a 'What the hell are you doing here? Run!' which I was very much willing to do.

Shaking off my nerves, I combed my fingers through my newly dyed silver hair and darted my eyes around over the sea of people. And realizing there were just too many of them, I sighed in aggrivation. It would probably take me forever to find—

"Has anyone seen a walking Barbie doll?!"

Never mind.

"Hey! I'm talking to you! Her name is Lalisa, ring any bells??"

I felt a grin slowly find its way to my lips hearing her voice. I followed the sound of the cheery, angel like voice and chuckled seeing a tall, slender blonde woman holding a giant sign with my name on it. She was walking up to almost everybody asking for my whereabouts, scaring the children really. Her enthusiasm can be quite grand for comfort. But it was my favorite part about her.

I whistled loudly, causing her to turn around swiftly. Her eyes scanned around and the moment she locked her chocolate eyes to mine, a squeal of excitement escaped from her smile. "Lalisa Manoban!!" She shouted earning a few glares from those around her. I smiled and opened my arms,

"Park Chaeyoung!!" I shouted just as loud as her. She dropped the sign and sprinted towards me with the biggest smile. It made her cheeks puff out like a chipmunk. We both laughed and squealed in excitement as she jumped and engulfed me, wrapping her legs around my torso and her arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her tightly.

"God, I missed you so much," I breathed out. She sniffled in the most cutest way and tightened her hold around my neck,

"I missed you too," she softly said. She pulled back and placed her hands on my cheek. And seeing the mischievous glint in her eyes, I knew what was coming.

"Wait Chae— ow!!" I whined as she pinched my cheeks tightly while cooing,

"That's what you get for telling me last minute that you'd be coming here!" She stated with an angel like tone but also with the devil in her eyes. I groaned in pain as she painfully stretched my cheeks,

"But it was last minute!" I whimpered.

You could say my friendship with Chaeyoung was kind of like Tom and Jerry.

Well,

now it is.

We met 6 years ago in Thailand, attending the same school. She was assigned to tour me around and when me met and got to know each other, we clicked instantly. Chae became someone important to me and, funny enough, we ended up dating after high school.

I experienced so many things with Chaeyoung. She was my first kiss, and the first girl I ever slept with. She was great, amazing honestly, but unfortunately we broke up. It was mutual decision. Her and I had different goals. We both also realized, towards the end of our relationship, the spark was gone. It was no longer a relationship, it was more of a friendship.

And then after 2 years, Chaeyoung received an amazing job offer as an editor for the most famous magazine. She didn't want to take it at first, but with a lot of persuading, guilty to say in the bedroom, I convinced her to take it. As much as it hurt the both of us to say goodbye, I knew she was born to do this.

I stayed back and continued my grandpas restaurant business. Fortunately for me, I wasn't the cook, Lord knows I can't lift a spatula without setting it on fire. So I settled with the business aspect of the restaurant. Meaning, I was in charge of making deals with other business employers and organizing events to make my grandpas restaurant big and known.

Chaeyoung rolled her head back and laughed before sliding off and embracing me once more. "Idiot," she chuckled out. She pulled away and widened her deep brown eyes towards my hair. "You dyed your hair! And it's short!" She pointed out while playing with the ends of my hair in admiration. I laughed and nodded,

"And you still look like a chipmunk," I teased but hissed in pain after Chae rudely smacked my arm.

"Keep that up and you're walking to my house," she teasingly threatened.

Hopefully. 




















 

"Ready to go?" She asked. Chae buckled her seat belt and smiled excitedly as she gripped the steering wheel. I grinned with a playful smirk,

"Do I have a choice?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Then, sure," I chuckled out. She giggled before turning on the ignition and driving out of the parking lot. Noticing and recognizing the buildings we were passing by, I leaned my head against the window and continued to gaze outside with the weight of familiarity increasing in my chest.

"How long has it been since you've been back?" She asked. I closed my eyes and let out a long breath,

"It's been a very long time," I responded before opening my eyes again and clenching my jaw at a giant billboard that I unfortunately saw for a mere second;



 

Welcome To South Korea!




 

"I can't believe your interview is going to be in a magazine! And not just any magazine! It's the magazine I work for!"

Because of my success and title as one of the youngest successful restaurant owners in the continent, I was immediately noticed by the most popular Korean magazine brand. They invited me for an interview and a photoshoot.

I tried declining the photoshoot offer but they insisted because I, apparently, have the "look." Which I don't relatively know what that means or if that's even a compliment but, because I want my grandpas restaurant to grow here in Korea as well, I had to accept.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter