9 | Didn't

Her Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa | Didn't 


 

 

Flashback:

 

 

 

"Do you have everything Lisa?"

 

"Yeah!"

 

No.

 

My room was empty. Every furniture and meaningless decorations were no where to be seen. My dolls were tightly packed into a box. Everything was gone.

 

Well,

 

Not everything.

 

My wall still had pictures. My eyes roamed to every memory I had that was pinned to my wall with a pained expression. From when I was a child, to a picture of me and my grandpa. I smiled softly and reached for the picture, grazing my thumb on the edges before removing it from the wall and holding it close to my chest. 

 

"I miss you," I whispered. Knowing that he was gone still felt so unreal. I woke up every morning hoping and praying that this would all be a a dream. But it was my own personal nightmare that I will never ever wake up from. 

 

Letting out a deep shaky breath, I placed the picture in my pocket. I looked up again and started to remove all the pictures and place it in a separate box. Smiling to myself at the silly pictures and holding back tears towards pictures that still give me happy memories. However, as I went to reach for another picture, my hand froze just in front of it. 

 

 

 

"Oh," I breathed out. We took that picture our very first day of high school. I entered high school as if I was on top of the world because I had Jennie by my side. I believed we were going to stick by each other. That was until we entered our sophomore year. There was so many things I believed in. But now, everything just seems so meaningless to me.

 

I reached for it with trembling hands but just hearing the disgust in her voice from our last fight echoing in my mind, I clenched my eyes tight and dropped my hand to my side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I blew out a puff of air and closed the trunk door. I groaned and rolled my neck side to side, "Thanks for the help dad," I teased. He chuckled and shrugged before sliding into the drivers seat with my mother inside waiting patiently.

 

"Let's go guys or we'll be late for our flight!" My mother yelled out. Correction, she wasn't being patient at all. My mother was waiting very impatiently while furiously tapping on her watch and sending me and my dad a pointed look. I playfully rolled my eyes before focusing my attention to the house in front of me. 

 

So many memories. 

 

Will I miss this place? 

 

Yes. 

 

Will I want to come back? 

 

No.

 

I forcibly removed my gaze from the house and reached for the car door handle till I heard her voice behind me.

 

"Lisa."

 

I stiffened. My body began to tingle and my heart palpitated with just the sound of her velvet voice. She sounded breathless. I gripped the door handle so tightly that my hands slowly turned white before turning my face to look at hers.

 

Her cheeks were flushed, sweat was visible on her forehead causing her hair to stick to her skin and tears were threatening to escape her eyes. She pushed her self off her bike and stood there across the street from me panting heavily.

 

"My uh— car is getting f-fixed."

 

I just nodded.

 

We stood there, no one daring to move or to even speak. It was as if our eyes did it all. Our eyes were locked and neither one of us looked away. My chest had grown heavy and my eye sight began to blur with my tears. Her eyes screamed pain and longing. While mine screamed love and hurt.

 

Why were people born to suffer this way? Why couldn't love be simple and easy? Why couldn't I let go of this car handle, run towards Jennie and love her the way I always wanted. But then again, why couldn't she move as well?

 

I don't hate her for not loving me. I don't hate her at all. I just hate the lies and disgust that I keep remembering that came out of . It consumed me and led me to thoughts I never knew I'd even think about.

 

It scared me.

 

was opening and closing but no sounds were being made and her tears were sliding down her cheeks. She placed both of her hands over her chest and begged with her eyes. Jennie visibly gulped and took a deep breath.

 

"Don't go," she whispered so softly. My heart ached with the pain that was laced in her voice. "I—,"

 

"Lisa hurry! We might be late!" My mom shouted from inside the car. Unbeknownst to her or my father, I was dying outside of the car. My heart was screaming pain and only Jennie was noticing. Jennie let out a silent cry as she noticed me slowly opening the car. 

 

"Upstairs, in my room."

 

"Don't," she said only this time it was little louder.  I shook my head with a stray tear falling from my eye,

 

"On my wall, there's a picture."

 

"Lisa no."

 

"I want you to keep it," I said while opening the door fully. "Bye Jennie," I whispered. I looked away from Jennie's trembling figure and quickly slid into the car, ignoring her faint calls.

 

"Wait Lis—!"

 

I closed the door.

 

My father the engine and swiftly reversed out of the driveway. He changed the gear to drive and in the middle of that, Jennie had rushed to my side of the window, crying profusely and pleading for me to stay.

 

"What on earth? Is that jennie?" My mother asked. I hugged my body and looked away, letting my sobs wrack my body,

 

"Drive," I forced out. My father looked at me confusedly through the rearview mirror,

 

"But honey, Jen—."

 

"Please! Just drive!" 

 

My parents shared a look before frowning disappointedly and slowly driving away, careful not to hurt Jennie who continued to cry for me to stay.

 

I slowly turned my head and covered my mouth seeing Jennie running, but knowing there was no use, she stopped and fell onto her knees. She hugged her body and cried so hard that it took me everything in me not to beg them to stop the car and run to her.

 

 

 

 

I wanted them to stop the car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But did I ask them to?

 

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter