8 | Definitely

Her Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa | Definitely 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie: meet me at the diner across the park at 7! Milkshakes on me!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Placing my phone down into the pocket of my coat, I leaned my head back onto the head rest of the car and closed my eyes. I released a shaky, cold breath and rubbed my hands together. I found myself arriving 30 minutes prior and, not wanting to seem too eager, I stayed in Chaeyoungs car —she, without any ounce of hesitation, offered me her car—.  But, I'm beginning to regret the decision. The colds night air took over the warmth that the inside of the car once had.

 

I opened my eyes and looked at the time on my phone once more. 

 

 

 

 

6:45PM

 

 

 

 

 

15 minutes before I have to enter that diner and confront my past. Was I ready? Maybe. It had been 8 years so there is a possibility that I would be able to control my emotions and handle this night the best way that I could.

 

I looked at my reflection through my review mirror and combed my fingers through my bangs before huffing. "What am I doing?" I whispered under my breath. I chuckled dryly and shook my head, "This is insane," I muttered before briefly looking to my left. It was brief glance but I swiftly turned my focus back to my left again seeing a certain brunette walking —more like rushing— towards the entrance of the diner. Someone's a tad early too.

 

And someone's still looking as stunning as ever.

 

My grip around my phone tightened. My heart began to beat erratically against my chest and I felt heat swarming my cheeks at the sight in front of me. She showed up. Not that I had any doubt, but of course I still had the ridiculous fear that she wouldn't have shown up. But, now, seeing as she was practically sprinting towards the entrance, I knew she was eager  to see me too. 

 

But I was more subtle about it.

 

I watched her stop right at entrance and face the window. She leaned forward and narrowed her eyes at her own reflection. Watching her lean forward and frantically comb her fingers through her perfect set of long curls, I couldn't stop the grin that grew on my lips. Especially the way she rolled her eyes at herself, seeming to be annoyed that her hair wasn't looking the way she wanted.

 

"Cute," I whispered. That's what I remembered her doing years ago every time she wanted to look cute—

 

Wait.

 

No.

 

Don't go there Lis.

 

I can't go there.

 

I shook off my thoughts and waited till she walked into the diner before looking at myself one last time in the mirror. Accepting that this was the best I could I do, I exhaled through my nose and exited my car in one swift movement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Lisa over here!"

 

I looked over to the owner of the voice and sent a timid smile. Something about the way her beautiful gummy smile was displayed as she lifted her hand up and waved wildly caused my heart to scream 'GOD DAMN IT SHES ADORABLE!' 

 

My heart tends to be insufferable whenever she's around.

 

"You came," she breathed out. I looked into her dark feline eyes and noticed the look of relief swelling in them. I grinned and sat myself down across from her.

 

"Couldn't miss out on the free milkshake," I teased.

 

"Lucky for you they make the best kind," she added with a playful wink. My breath hitched at the action. I forced out a chuckle and nodded shortly after,

 

"I'll take your word for it." She smiled a smile that reached her eyes and I couldn't help but mirror it. I never really processed it before due to my stunned state but sitting across from her and actually seeing her, I knew my mind wasn't imagining anything. Time had really enhanced her beauty. 

 

It wasn't just the way her skin still looked as soft as ever, nor was it the soft plump lips that were tugged towards into a smile that had my heart doing backflips. It was her dark chocolate eyes. 

 

Those were the eyes that still held the same intensity from years ago. It was the eyes that makes me lose my breath and the cause of the way my body shivers and trembles. Even if I didn't see her for another 8 years, I know with one glance at those cat like eyes, those feelings would return. Maybe even stronger than before. And I hated it. I hate the power she still held over me. 

 

"I hope I'm not intruding with any of your visiting plans," she said. I shook my head and waved my hand dismissively,

 

"It's okay really. My original plan was to just lay on the couch and eat pizza so you're actually doing me a favor," I laughed off. "Trying to stay away from the carbs and calories," I ended with an eye roll and a scoff. She playfully rolled her eyes,

 

"The life of a model, your life must be so difficult," she said with a teasing —yet dangerously y— smirk. I placed my hand on my chest and feigned a sorrowful expression,

 

"It's devastating really," I said. She leaned forward and rested her chin on the palm of her hand,

 

"Can't imaging the pain you go through."

 

"Is that sarcasm I hear Kim?"

 

"You tell me Manoban." She challenged. I laughed and shook my head. I felt like I was hit by nostalgia from our tiny banter. This felt all too familiar.

 

"You're still that stubborn Jennie." She laughed at that,

 

"And you're still that lanky Lisa," she jokingly said. I gasped,

 

"I am not lanky!" I argued. "I may be skinny but I am not lanky!" I pointed out. Jennie rolled her head back and let out a laugh that swelled my chest. Her laugh always sounded so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter