Ch. H: Safe and Sound

Hiraeth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have, indeed, no abhorrence of danger, except in its absolute effect - in terror.

- Edgar Allan Poe

Jungkook slowly traced his fingers up and down Aurora's bared shoulders, as he watched her sleep next to him. Her breathing was steady and her plump lips slightly parted. Jungkook loved to watch her sleep. She was cute and pretty, and he couldn't stop admiring her, even if it was 7 am in the morning and he barely had any sleep. The sun seeped in through the curtains and he smiled lightly when Aurora stirred from under his touch when he accidentally brushed against her tiny scar on her shoulder.

He wondered how she got a scar on her pale skin. Did she get it when she was a child? Jungkook owned a few scars too, one on his cheek and another on the back of his hand. It was when he was a toddler and accidentally hurt himself against the edge of a table. Aurora let out a sigh and shivered when she felt his fingers tickle her skin. She opened her eyes and looked at him sleepily. She was surprised to find him awake. Something about him startled her. He was too caring. Too deep in love with her that he was giving her that look, making her feel obliged to avoid his gaze.

"Hey," Aurora muttered with a weak smile. Jungkook grinned and wrapped an arm around her waist from under the blankets. He pressed himself against her and kissed her cheek.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" He asked her. Aurora thought for a bit, before nodding with a shy smile. Jungkook let out a breath and supported Aurora's head with his arm. He tried to stare into her eyes, but Aurora couldn't keep eye contact for long. Occasionally, her eyes would shift to the headboard above them. Jungkook didn't know why, but he didn't want to ruin the moment by asking.

"What time is it?" Aurora asked. Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "Did she have somewhere to go?" Jungkook thought. He shrugged off the thought and turned around to grab his phone. His screen showed three new messages and one missed call. Jungkook tensed, with Aurora sensing it. She removed her head for Jungkook to move. Grabbing the blanket, she clutched it against her chest and sat up. "Do you have to go somewhere?" Her voice soft, and Jungkook could never resist that. He shifted his eyes shortly to her and looked her up and down. The side of her body was exposed and he was tempted.

While doing so, Aurora looked at him and he gave her a weak smile. "No, I'm not going anywhere today. I'm yours for the whole day." With his chin, he gave her a slight motion that she should lay down. Aurora smiled it off, while she knew well enough that Jungkook just ignored it because of her. She laid her head on his chest, and he wrapped his arms around her. His phone was put face down on the nightstand next to him, ignoring the incoming call from Jimin he was receiving. With his thumb, he her cheek lightly, before trailing down to her chin and grabbing it between his two fingers.

"Give me a kiss, Aurora." He demanded, softly. There was a faint glint in his eyes and Jungkook was starting to get playful. Aurora noticed it and in response, brought her leg over his two legs and rolled on top of him. The blanket slid down her back, before falling down on her hips. Biting her lip, she leant in and softly pressed her lips against his. Her eyes watched him closely, as she saw how he enjoyed their kiss. Their tongues twisted together before she broke it off and he looked at her slightly disappointed.

"We need to get up." She muttered, before pressing another kiss. Jungkook hummed a reply, before holding her neck and pushing her down. It was then his turn to roll on top of her. Aurora let out a small chuckle, as Jungkook bent down and kissed her again. Their kiss was more needy and heated.

"No, we aren't. I like to stay in bed all day." He answered her, before kissing again. Aurora was starting to run out of breath and more heated from their make-out session. She ran her hands through his hair and combed his bangs away from his forehead. His face was flawless, even the cut above his eyebrow at the bridge was gone. She still didn't know what caused that cut. Did he get in a fight? Did he barely survive a near-death experience? Before she could think any further, Jungkook snapped her out of her thoughts by heaving a sigh and staring down at her.

"You need to smoke?" He asked, after sensing that she was out of it. If Aurora wasn't in the mood, it would be because of her need for smoking. And Jungkook hated to watch her smoke. He couldn't stand the fact that she was slowly corrupting her lungs in front of him. Neglecting her health every day, giving him the feeling that he was gradually going to lose her to those chemicals. But for the first time, it wasn't anything like that for Aurora. She was just deep in thought, but the fact that she hadn't smoked for the past few weeks, she couldn't help with the mention of it that it triggered her need again.

"Don't look at me like that. It's not like you are innocent either." Aurora snorted, teasingly. Jungkook rolled his eyes and swung his leg off her. Sitting down next to her, he bent down to grab her bag from the ground. Aurora watched him silently do so until he found the cigarettes with the lighter. Quickly grabbing his hand to stop him, she shook her head.

"I'm not going to smoke. I'm trying to quit." She told him. Jungkook let go of the package and smiled.

"Thanks." He muttered. Aurora gave him a weak smile, before frowning and pouting.

"But in return," she nudged his arm lightly, "can you make me breakfast? I'm starving."

Jungkook let out a laugh. He didn't expect to hear that kind of random condition from her.

"Of course. What do you want for breakfast?"

Aurora narrowed her eyes and pretended to think hard, before getting to the conclusion that it was Jungkook. Everything he made was good.

"Anything will do." She said and she smiled cheekily at him. Jungkook nodded and pressed a kiss on her forehead. "I'll be back soon. I love you."

Aurora smiled and nodded, as he got off the bed and pulled on a boxer. He quickly walked out of the room after giving her another kiss. Aurora's smile fell as soon as he disappeared out of her sight. Turning herself around, she perked up her head to listen to Jungkook in the kitchen as her hands reached for his phone. She had seen him unlock his screen many times and it wouldn't be surprising if unlocking his phone would be easy. But to her surprise, his phone denied entry as it stated that the password was wrong. Frowning, Aurora tried again.

Nothing.

Another try.

Still nothing.

Biting her lip, she shifted her eyes and thought deeply. "Did he change his password recently?" She thought.

Aurora tried multiple attempts with different combinations until she finally succeeded. Her eyes softened as she recognized the chronology of the nu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter