Ch. B: Dinner

Hiraeth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The suspicious mind believes more than it doubts. It believes in a formidable and ineradicable evil lurking in every person.

- E. Hoffer

 

"Have you eaten already?" Jungkook asked, eyeing her from across the dining table. Aurora sat with her legs crossed at the table and drew on a piece of paper. She perked her head up and eyed him for a moment. "Have you eaten, yet?" She returned the question with a teasing smile. Jungkook cocked his head and smiled. "I'll take that as a no. What do you want to eat? Pasta? Hamburgers"

"Hmmm... Kooki, let's be lazy and order some food for today?" Aurora grinned, and she swung the phone in front of his face. Jungkook scrunched his nose and laughed. He took off his apron and grabbed the phone, dialing the number.

"Two Mozarella's?" He smiled. Aurora her lips and nodded. Then she turned back to her drawing. Suddenly, her eyes turned sad upon realizing what she had been drawing. It was the same as what she drew yesterday. People once told her that drawings reflect her subconscious and to see what she had been drawing every single night, made her question her sanity.

A bridge, two people and the rain falling down on them.

She flipped over the paper onto the other side and let out a relieved sigh upon seeing the blank paper.

It was gone. The drawing was gone.

While Jungkook was preoccupied with ordering food over the phone, Aurora eyed him slowly from under her bangs. The eraser of her pencil tapped lightly against her lips as she let her eyes trace down the back of his shirt. There was a small wrinkle, barely noticeable at the bottom of his hem, but Aurora couldn't be fooled. She knew what Jungkook was hiding there. She knew that whenever he came home, he would shove it behind his belt and cover it up with his shirt before greeting her.

Hiding his real self from her.

And instead of asking him about it, she tried to see how far his lies would go and how much he could be trusted as a person underneath that front he'd been putting up. Aurora may look innocent, but ever since that occurrence at the bridge, she questioned everyone around her, especially Jungkook. She didn't hate him. In fact, according to her, Jungkook was just a boy trying to have the best of both worlds, whatever that other world was. To Aurora, Jungkook appeared to look like he was trying to escape a part of him and he did seem to have succeeded in it when he met Aurora. She knew how much she meant to him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter