Final: Flatline

Hiraeth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am a Senator against my wishes and feelings, which I regret more than any other of my life.

- Andrew Jackson

 

Everything replayed in front of her eyes. She couldn't comprehend how fast everything went by.

What was happening?

Was this how it was supposed to be?

She remembered how all eyes were set on her as Jungkook heart-achingly begged her to stop.

Suffocating.

But actually, before Aurora could pull the trigger, her eyes managed to shift to a strange red dot pacing up and down on the back of her hand. It was very small, one that would go unnoticed, but not yet enough for Aurora. Within a split second, Aurora snapped her head towards the window and pointed the gun at the rooftop across them. Before RM could realize what was happening, Aurora pulled the trigger and the glass from the window cracked before shattering into pieces onto the ground. The gun dropped down to her feet, as she clutched her side and felt a sudden sharp pain surge through her whole body. A bullet, still warm from the sniper rifle, had pierced through her abdomen and spat blood on her clothes.

She was too late. He was incredibly fast.

A draught went through Aurora's hair as the pain inside her body grew bigger. Blood trickled down to her legs and her shirt slowly became a deep red color. RM jolted up from his chair when another gunshot sound occurred, this time only missing his head by a few inches. Mariah let out a shriek and fell down on her knees with her hands covering her ears when multiple shots all aimed for RM. As he quickly grabbed the gun from his pocket, he kicked over the table and hid behind it. Shortly, he glanced over to Mariah who crawled over to Jungkook in a shocked and panicked state.

"!" RM hissed, pissed off at Jungkook who had turned pale after seeing the blood gush out from his beloved. Frozen at her feet, Aurora's hand slowly moved down her abdomen to the place she was hurting and touched the wound as if she couldn't believe it was really there.

Pain. So much pain.

Her instincts fell into the background in the midst of the unknown attack when her mind urged her to recognize the growing pain. It was terrifying, anxiety and distress engulfed her wholely and she couldn't grasp what it was doing to her. Slowly, she brought her chin up with watery eyes, portraying utter shock and sadness as she looked into the distance.

There, another person hiding behind a sniper rifle on the edge of the rooftop, was he aiming for Aurora. He wore a black hoodie and a face mask, covering him all with darkness and mystery, making sure he could do a clean job and wipe out her existence without any much effort. Her lower lip trembled when she felt sudden despair take over. It was ominous, dark and evil. Aurora knew people hated her, but she would have never expected that they would get to her like this. Agony started to set in and her mind blocked out every thought, except his name, hoping he could hear her and come to save her from this strange trance she was getting herself into.

Her emotions were getting too much, they started to torture and numb her body from the inside while the danger was out there in the open to kill her. It was two against one now.

The introspective mental break down caused her to miss the red dot that had started to shift. The stranger tilted his head up when he noticed that Aurora wasn't moving, shortly locking eyes with her shocked brown ones, before he stoic resumed his position again and aimed at her through his scope. In between everything, Aurora managed to realize who he was.

Park. Jimin.

A sudden surge of anger rushed through her when everything fell back in place and she snapped back to reality. Aurora felt stupid, stupid for not recalling it earlier that Jungkook called Jimin right before Aurora knocked him down. It was now she came to realize she shouldn't have played Russian Roulette to favor Jimin's appearance.

Aurora narrowed her eyes when they grew darker and her face was set into a scowl. "Jimin ruined everything," Aurora sneered in her head as she clenched her teeth, "You ruined everything for me!"

Besides Aurora, Jungkook wasn't pleased with his appearance, either. His chest tightened when he realized Jimin was right this whole time, despite all Jungkook's attempt to change his mind. This tragic occurrence must have been enough to set Jimin off and take on his past life at the risk of his family. It proved again that Jimin was still protective of him, despite the fact that they had grown apart when he chose his family over his companionship with him, and it didn't look like he gave up everything from his past life. Jungkook could tell with just one look. Jimin was still extremely skilled with sniper rifles. Extremely precise and perfect at targeting. Jungkook feared the worst.

Aurora wouldn't be able to survive his attack.

Jungkook growled as he strongly tugged against his ropes, feeling torn by the sight of Aurora suffering from his attack and his frustrations of being unable to help her. When he noticed the red dot shifting closer to her chest, he turned his head in panic towards Jimin's direction. He screamed loudly his name, in an attempt to get through him, but he knew that there was no way in stopping Jimin if someone hurt his loved ones. Jimin ignored him as he kept focusing on setting the red dot precisely at the spot where Aurora's beating heart was.

"JIMIN!" Jungkook screamed again, but he was soon cut off by Mariah who was starting to tug onto his ropes. When RM noticed Mariah's betrayal, he pointed the gun at Jungkook's legs and pulled the trigger. Jungkook pushed himself off at the same time and fell to the ground, loosening the last ropes in the progress, managing to avoid his bullet. The surprise attack made RM unable to decide who he should focus on. He shot a few more times into Jimin's direction before he pointed his gun back at Jungkook. When he tried to shoot at him, Mariah pushed his gun and made RM hiss under his breath as the bullet just missed him by an inch. "No! Don't shoot him!" Mariah exclaimed in tears. This irritated RM and he then aimed the gun at the crying girl who stepped back in shock and raised her arms in defeat.

Jungkook managed to free his hands and he quickly snatched onto Mariah's arm to help her get out of RM's shooting range. He pushed Mariah behind the couch and took her under his protection as they both hid from his bullets when RM started to shoot relentlessly at the couch out of frustration.

"You useless ! You can die with him!"

Jungkook held her close against his chest and made sure they were well hidden behind the couch. "Are you alright?" He asked her to which she nodded with teary eyes.

"Aurora! What are you doing! Go hide!" RM yelled at her, without taking his eyes off the couch. Aurora let out a choked breath, before flinching and realizing in what condition she was. Her hand tightened into a fist, and she quickly side-stepped when she instinctively knew he pulled the trigger of his sniper rifle. The wall behind her spat out dust and the bullet missed her by an inch, creating a hole in the wall.

"Aurora!" Jungkook anxiously yelled. He saw it all happen. He wanted to help, save her, but knowing the state he was in, he had no weapon to protect himself. And there was Mariah, desperately clamping onto him and holding him down, in fear RM would kill him.

Aurora gasped from the pain she felt w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter