Ch. A: Reason

Hiraeth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suspicion often creates what it expects.

-C. S. Lewis

Aurora had been asleep for two hours. She was resting on the couch with the television in the background tuned in on the news about a massacre that'd happened in a club nearby Busan.

Nobody knew what exactly caused the massacre. Was it murder? Was it vengeance? Or a breakout between gangs for which that place was notorious for and serving as a meeting point?

She could blame the fatigue for missing out on the facts, but also for making her unaware of the door opening and someone entering, despite her being in the same room. The person habitually hooked his gun under his belt on his back as he met with the small figure of Aurora on the couch. He couldn't help but trace his eyes from her bared legs up to her innocent face.

According to him, Aurora was beautiful. He hadn't seen someone like her before in his life. Most girls he hooked up with were the type you would spot in a bar holding a cocktail, trying to look lavish and expensive, although everyone knows they were far from that, considering how hotel rooms are their homes and how they share a bed with different men every night. Especially those that are only in for one-night-stands, and soon thereafter would complain about their messed-up hair and make-up, while they try to bargain on how their bodies came with a higher price tag than the service they provided. Those girls were labeled as golddiggers and Jungkook was only interested in them because they were so easy.

Besides, it was a first how Aurora attracted him on a whole different level since their first encounter at the bridge. She was brave, down-to-earth, mysterious and solemn.

Humble and shy at times, and charming in a way he couldn't describe. He believed that even a dictionary didn't have enough words to satisfy his feelings about her. If that didn't make him sound cliché, then nothing else did, but this proved just how crazy he was about her. Because if you asked him a year ago, he would be your typical non-responsive guy.

A small smile lit up his face as he walked over the room and pulled off his jacket. Draping it softly over her, he sat down on the edge of the couch and caressed a few strands of hair away from her face as he watched her sleep.

Aurora stirred from under his light touch and Jungkook turned around to turn off the television. The news caught his ears and it reminded him about what had happened recently, which he didn't want to feel guilty for whenever he was with Aurora. Being with her was a safe haven. A place where he could put away all his solemn thoughts and enjoy a sober life.

Partially, because Aurora never questioned him about why he had a gun and what his occupation was. As a matter of fact, his past was buried away from her and he wanted to keep it that way. He didn't want Aurora to know as much as he did and get herself involved as a victim. It w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter