Ch. C: Placebo

Hiraeth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I drew him in my world.

I draw him all the time, but I don't know where to draw the line.

- Lang Leav, Lullabies

Aurora didn't want to know how much it affected him. Jungkook sat on the couch as he watched Aurora sit near the window. Her eyes were focused on the rain again and he wondered what she was thinking. The gun he was holding earlier laid on the floor and he didn't want to touch it for the moment. He didn't want to be associated with that thing yet, as he swore to himself to not ever point a gun on someone he loved or cared about. He didn't want to be that kind of monster, although the voice in the back of his head was already telling him he was. At least, that was how his victim's last words sounded like most of the time.

You are a monster.

How can you live with that much blood on your hands?

Jungkook sighed to himself and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands. It was getting late for him. He wanted to get some rest, but something in the pit of his stomach made him too uncomfortable to let things pass as it was now. He wondered what Aurora was thinking about and what Aurora was feeling after that incident. Even though he apologized to her repeatedly and wouldn't hesitate to do it again, all she would do was brush it away and say it was okay and she would get it.

But Aurora, do you really get it? As you sit there near the window, do you really understand what had just happened?

Jungkook looked at her side profile. Her fingers softly tapped the window and she stared in awe at the rain.

"Allow me to understand you, Aurora." Jungkook thought to himself as he heaved a sigh and followed her gaze towards the rain. "I want to understand your fascination with the rain. I want to know what you are thinking about whenever you see the rain."

Aurora laid the back of her head against the wall and flickered her eyes over Jungkook. She was staring at him until their eyes crossed and she gave him a little smile. But Jungkook noticed that it didn't reach her eyes.

Was she trying to convey an emotion without needing words? Did she want Jungkook to understand her inner thoughts and emotions just by the look of her eyes and the fake smile on her lips?

Jungkook stayed silent and waited for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter