Jealousy and its revelations (part 2)

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

TW : very light mention of slightly triggering things. No violence but there’s a part where we understand more things about Minjoo and it’s pretty serious, wasn’t explicitly mentioned but we understand and imagine what happened without having details. 

 

————-

 

 

 

 

"If you don’t tell me what happened with Wonyoungie in three seconds you can say bye bye to your future and hello to Hades in hell." Spat Minjoo faster than Eminem leaving no choice to Chaewon but to comply. 

 

 

————

 

By their second year something unexpected happened. 

 

One new girl in the city was already something. Three beautiful Japanese exchanged students was very extraordinary. But another new girl arriving in their school in the middle of the year, with an incredible height and also perfect beauty was a once in a century thing for Fallen Woods.

 

 

"Hello class. I would like you all to greet our new student here. You can-" the teacher first said but was cut-off by the extremely tall, young and beautiful but also cute girl with a toothpaste cf- like smile.

 

"Hi ! I’m Jang Wonyoung, I’m 14, and yes I skipped a year so I’m technically younger than y’all but also probably taller. I don’t accept hate nor bad things about me so you can keep it to yourself. I’m from Seoul by the way and I’m searching for someone-" The new student -Wonyoung- started off like those typical popular girls in famous series (kinda the y type but who would dare say it... absolutely not me) but she locked eyes with a pair of widen ones and immediately started to run while squealing madly.

 

 

"Wonyoungie ?" Minjoo whispered to herself not believing who was just in front of her. Once she realized that, no, she’s not dreaming she ran to the girl who also ran toward her.

 

 

They meet in a bone-crushing hug and squealed loudly. Chaewon was totally and when I say totally you have no idea how totally confused Chaewon was. She never saw Minjoo like this. This happy to see someone. Someone that isn’t her and she felt something familiar deep in her stomach. 

 

 

"Oh my gadnis!! I almost didn’t recognize you with those pink hair !! You look dashing!"

 

"I can’t believe you’re here ! Did you grew taller what the heck !!?" 

 

"You have no idea how hard it was to find you!"

 

"I’m soooory "

 

"Girls we are in class." Scolded the teacher. Since it was Minjoo -aka the less problematic kid here- he didn’t want to scold the girl nor interrupt this somewhat heartwarming reunion but it was his duty...

 

 

Both girls, who obviously didn’t hear the teacher, loosen their hug still in their world while a fairy was patiently counting the seconds before she snaps...

 

 

"Oh my god Wonyoungie I missed you sooo much." Said Minjoo almost crying 

 

"I missed you too Froggie." 

 

 

 

"Girls !!" The teacher cleared his throat loudly finally letting the girls know that they were still in class.

 

Minjoo started to walk back to her chair next to Chaewon (who successfully got her sit next to Minjoo this year and keep it unlike last year) but what could stop Wonyoung from sitting next to Minjoo... not Chaewon at least.

 

 

"Move I wanna sit here." Said Wonyoung dropping her sweet voice.

 

"No. That’s my place plus I’m the one next to Minjoo so off" replied Chaewon not liking this Wonyoung girl. 

 

"I said Move." 

 

"But-"

 

"Come on Chaewon just this one okay." Said Minjoo trying to calm these two before the teacher actually scold them. Who was she to not listen to Minjoo’s orders. 

 

 

She reluctantly changed sit to the one behind Minjoo while of course bumping Wonyoung’s arm roughly (because she’s too small to actually bump her shoulder but that’s only a detail right.) and digging holes on the new girl’s head with her glares. Wonyoung didn’t even react and just happily sat down next to her friend. 

 

The two girls talked the whole class without actually paying attention to the teacher which was rare for Minjoo... she always follows classes seriously even when Chaewon was annoying the hell out of her... 

 

Even if she acts like she didn’t care Wonyoung can still feel the girl  behind her glaring at her and if it wasn’t for Minjoo she would have already told her to stop... remember she doesn’t accept hate or whatever bad things you have against her so you can (should) keep it to yourself.

 

 

 

Yup her and Wonyoung didn’t like each other one bit. 

 

 

 

 

xxxxx

 

 

Wonyoung was literally glued to Minjoo who didn’t seem to mind at all. In fact Minjoo was also searching for Wonyoung every single time when they weren’t together. 

 

They both sat next to each other in class, ate lunch in the yard instead of the cafeteria, walked home and hang out together after school. 

 

And that was for a whole week. 

 

Not only Chaewon was excluded but the whole group actually. The only difference was the amount of frustration and jealousy created by the situation. While the group was sure annoyed about the changes they didn’t really expressed it. 

 

Chaewon on the other hand was constantly annoyed and would be grumpy all day. She also would glare at Wonyoung every time she could while imagining many things like punching her or maybe curse at her but she wouldn’t do that... because one she’s too kind for that, two Wonyoung is actually quite scary and definitely tall, and third, well, she’s Minjoo’s friend, right, so she wouldn’t do anything to that Wonyoung girl (after what happened with her and Yujin she wasn’t so certain with her self control jealousy wise and wasn’t searching for another fight) even if sure the little demon on her right shoulder said otherwise.

 

When they asked Minjoo (when the girl was alone which was rarely) if she wanted to spend some time with them she would always answer that she already made some plans with Wonyoung and apologized before the said girl appeared from nowhere dragging Minjoo away as if she was mocking them.

 

Minjoo would reply to Chaewon’s texts only at night and generally before going to bed. 

 

It was starting to really, and really as in really, get on Chaewon’s nerves... seeing how Minjoo didn’t care about her nor her friends and spends all her times with that tall girl ... also how Minjoo seemed to smile more with that girl than with anyone.

 

 

Minjoo did at least notice her lack of communication with the group after 12 days and finally came to eat lunch at their usual table in the cafeteria with them... but not without forgetting to take Wonyoung with her.

 

 

As much as she loves Wonyoung, her ‘new ‘ friends here were as important as her, and she kinda started to miss them. Plus she wanted her friend to get along with them, it was important for her. 

 

She begged Wonyoung for 3 days to actually come and eat with the group. The younger didn’t like that idea one bit and she have all the reasons to. If she could she would keep Minjoo from everyone else especially in school she absolutely would... she knew things they didn’t and wasn’t going to let them know. 

 

Introductions were made quickly as they all already knew Wonyoung... she did make quite some ruckus here when she arrived.

 

"I’m Chaewon. Minjoo’s best friend." She said while extending a hand toward the new girl in fake politeness.

 

 

"I know, youre the one who was next to her before. Well I’m Wonyoung, Minjoo’s real best friend." She replied mockingly while shaking the girl’s hand.

 

 

They both knew... they didn’t like each other. They tightened their hands on each each other until it actually hurts.

 

 

 

 

"So ... how do you know Minjoo ?" Asked Eunbi trying to lighten the tense atmosphere between everyone... especially between Wonyoung and Chaewon.

 

 

"Not your business old woman." Replied the younger already pissed just because of the fairy’s presence.

 

 

"Please... make an effort. I want you to get along with them. They’re nice and they help me so much when you weren’t here ... especially with you know what. Please be nice..." whispered Minjoo to Wonyoung 

 

 

"Fine... I know Minjoo since middle school and we used to be in the same class." She replied with a sigh and a small smile trying to be less agressive.

 

 

 

xxxxx

 

 

 

In few weeks Wonyoung started to think that they weren’t that bad after all. Well they except for Chaewon. She still didn’t like that girl. 

 

She does agree that the others seemed nice and all unlike what she first thought. She was also glad to know that they (or at least Eunbi) seemed to acknowledge Minjoo’s anxiety troubles as the older girl did ask Wonyoung if she knew about those. Of course she does, she was one of the first one to notice and also know why she have anxiety, but did she told them... no, apart from letting them know that she knew about she didn’t have any more informations on that matter.

 

Chaewon on the other hand was still not found of Wonyoung who got closer to their group, which means acting nice with her longer. Wonyoung also hated this... why is this girl so mad at her in the first place. Unfortunately for her, she’s also the one Minjoo seemed to appreciate the most, meaning that she have to get along with her (or at least look like) so she wouldn’t deceive the older girl. 

 

It was a silent agreement between them. They act civil when Minjoo was around and hated each other even she was not.

 

 

The worst thing that could happen was...

 

 

‘"The pairs are up on the board you all can’t change them. Class dismissed." Said the teacher after sticking a paper to the board and walk away.

 

 

It was their spring annual festival and their class was going to prepare some pair work. They were free to present whatever they wanted as long as it was a pair work, but fate decided to be against them and put those two together while their precious Minjoo was paired with Hyewon. Chaeyeon and Yujin were together. 

 

Meaning that Chaewon was with Wonyoung.

 

 

xxxx

 

"You know how to dance ?" Asked Chaewon coldly 

 

"Yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter