You and me in Love (epilogue part 1)

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chaewon was on her way to one of Minjoo’s set. The girl became famous quickly after they both started to date, but that, no one knows except for their mutual friends and family members. Minjoo became one of the biggest actress of this generation, not only that, she also released several songs which became popular hits in no time. Some songs were from their time in high school when they were all together writing songs in the afternoon in Yuri’s studio while joking around. Of course, Minjoo had dedicated them to her friends, not directly but she did say that these songs were written a long time ago with her friends and that she owed them these masterpieces several times during interviews or inside her albums.

 

All was for the better. It was almost three and a half year since they were together as a couple. Chaewon grimaced at the memory of her friends asking her what she did to confess to Minjoo... her biggest mistake was to tell them how it went... now she got the nickname ‘flower fairy’ in her nickname collection.

 

Anyway, as long as she and Minjoo were happy she will forget these memories.

 

She stopped by a bakery, she wasn’t that used to this big city and she kinda missed Fallen Woods right now but she missed Minjoo more so here she was surprising her girlfriend. She thought that buying a cake or something would be good since Minjoo probably hasn’t eaten anything yet.

 

 

At the checkout, the cashier looked at her with a somewhat shy look on her face... she took out a pen and wrote something on a paper before giving everything to her.

 

 

"It would be 5£ and your phone number." The cashier winked at her. It didn’t need a genius to know that this girl was trying to hit on Chaewon. Even the ever so dense girl that was Chaewon saw right through her... if only it took that amount of time for her to notice Minjoo’s feelings they both probably wouldn’t have gone through the whole bathroom incident. Plus... being dense is the secret she’s keeping because her job is all about reading through patients, if words about her being as dense a brick spreads out then it would give her a bad reputations. Only her friends she’s working with, explicitly Hyewon and Joohyun knows about it.

 

 

"Here, and sorry I won’t give you my number." Said Chaewon while taking out her wallet to pay.

 

 

"That’s okay, you have mine anyway." The girl smiled. Chaewon just took the piece of cake and the change before going out the bakery. These things didn’t happen a lot, but ever time it does she would be thinking about Minjoo and how sad Minjoo would be if she knew that girls tried to hit on her. Plus, her own girlfriend is a very beautiful, talented, brillant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, never the same- back to the point, a lot of dating rumours circulates around and all the celebrities who tried to date Minjoo in the past, Chaewon knows about them, so she know this feeling, which is why she won’t tell Minjoo about it what happened in the shop. 

 

 

Back inside her car she drove toward the set, it won’t take long from here but the traffic jam is horrible at this hour. Just when she thought things couldn’t be worst she received a call. 

 

 

At least her car had a system making it possible to answer the phone without having to take it out from her bag. She pressed one of the buttons on the steering wheel and waited for the call to connect.

 

 

"Hello ? Dr Kim ?" She heard from the speakers in her car. She recognized her team’s assistant voice.

 

"Yeah Juhee ? " she asked back, her eyes never quitting the road while she tried to manoeuvre herself out of her line.

 

"Mr Nam Chunso called earlier and wanted to take another appointment for next week." The assistant told her.

 

"I told you I’m taking a 2 weeks leave, if he wants an appointment so bad then it would be by FaceTime or something only." Replied Chaewon with a frustrated tone because some stupid driver decided to cut her without warnings.

 

"I told him but he wants to talk to you because he doesn’t believe me, you know how he is." Told the assistant with her own sigh.

 

 

"Alright, Transfer this call to him then." Chaewon replied. She was almost out of the traffic jam right now but the light turned red just in front of her.

 

 

"Hello.?" She heard a masculine voice this time.

 

"Hello Mr Nam ? It’s Dr Kim. " she said waiting for the light to be green again.

 

"Oh yeah Dr Kim. Could we meet next week to talk about you know..." he said trailing off, Chaewon took it as a sign that he still have sequels although they already worked on it many time during several appointments... but that wasn’t too bad, at least he took the initiative to call. He could survive two weeks without having an appointment.

 

 

"I actually took a 2 weeks leave which started three days ago, for some of my patients who still needs regular assistance and consultations we agreed on FaceTime appointments. If you really need an appointment for next week then I can only offer you this." Chaewon replied professionally her eyebrows frowning on her forehead as she was multitasking so bad right now. She had to stay alert on the road, take care of her patient, try to not get lost in these roads, be sure if she have any other appointments next week and trying to find a free schedule... 

 

 

"But- Dr Kim, you know what I’m talking about, I can’t possibly call you and talk to you... what if someone hears it." He said worriedly. Here they go again...

 

 

"For That,  I can’t assure you complete privacy, which is why it is an emergency resort only. So that’s why I’m suggesting you to-  YOU SON OF A .“ everything was going on fine, she was about to make an agreement with that one patient until the light turned green and as she was driving a car popped up on her right side and didn’t stop... if it wasn’t for her quick reflexes she might have been sent to the hospital because of a car accident... however her reflexes weren’t fast enough to catch her curses before they went out ... that’s when she knew... she ed up.

 

 

She heard a gasp and a sniff from the other line before it went silent... of course she had to say this while she was on the phone with a patient suffering from gynophobia and trauma.

 

 

 

The call returned to her assistant... "GREAT JUST GREAT.“ Yelled Chaewon already having enough of this whole situation.

 

 

"Dr Kim ? Something wrong." She heard the assistant asking.

 

"I just yelled at a mother ing Jackass who can’t drive properly and almost crashed in me and I had to be on a phone call with Mr Nam when I cursed him..."

 

Chaewon replied while sighing, she was already back on the road and this time she was out of the monstrosity that was the traffic in this city.

 

 

"Oh... want me to send a mail to him to explain what happened.?" Suggested the assistant.

 

 

"Yes please, I’m arrived now so I’m hanging up. Thank you Juhee." Said Chaewon grateful of the assistant for repairing her mistake.

 

 

"No problem Dr Kim. I’ll call you again later then, bye." She said one last time before hanging up.

 

 

Chaewon closed her eyes for few seconds, in just a span of 10 minutes of driving she almost got killed and probably hurt her patient... great just great.

 

 

Taking her bag she fished out her phone to check the time, she wasn’t late so everything was okay.

 

 She looked at her wallpaper and smiled at the sight. It was a silhouette of her and Minjoo, which was taken last year when her group of friends all decided to go on a holiday trip to the beach. 

 

The photographer was one of the most talented one she knows, the Kang Hyewon, it was one of her numerous talents. The picture was great, the sunset made a contre-jour effect which made the whole scenery even more mesmerising. With the orange, pink and purple sky, the half sun and the water reflecting all these colours it was already perfect. What was perfect-er was that her silhouette and Minjoo’s were kissing in this picture, but it was impossible to know it was them unless you knew about their relationship. It could be any girls kissing in this pic yet this held a special place in Chaewon’s heart... because she knew the truth, she knew it was her and Minjoo and not some random girls.

 

She walked out her car, putting her bag on her shoulder and locking her car on the process. The set was a high school, Minjoo was in the role of a high schooler passionate about drawing but will face many complications as her school policies are getting more severe and harsher. That’s all she knows so far at least. They were profiting of the school holidays to use the whole building for themselves. She walked inside the school gates and immediately spotted the filming team on a corner. Minjoo was sat on one of the benches, in a school uniform, her face was serious as the male protagonist was talking to her about something. 

 

 

Chaewon didn’t miss how the guy took Minjoo’s hand in his own with a small smile, she wondered what he said as Minjoo smiled back. 

 

 

"Cut !" Said the director. The male protagonist exploded in laughters as he helped Minjoo stand up, which was stupid in Chaewon’s opinion since Minjoo could stand up on her own. The guy had his arm around Minjoo’s shoulders as they crouched down to the computer to monitore what they just filmed. They both smiled as it turned out good and the guy even hugged her once as he was pleased that the filming was done. 

 

Minjoo went to talk with the director, probably discussing about their filming later in the night. They were supposed to film a night scene in the city this time. Chaewon took it as an opening to go closer to them. Normally they wouldn’t allow anyone near the set and she hoped that she won’t get thrown out too quickly.

 

 

"Excuse me but you can’t be here. We are filming right now and you aren’t part of the staff so I’m asking you to go out the school facility." One of the managers said, he was probably the male protagonist one since she never saw him before. Chaewon was close to Minjoo’s manager but unfortunately she bumped into the wrong one.

 

 

"Excuse me but I know where I am and my rights here." Replied Chaewon not backing down. The guy was obviously annoyed and displeased by Chaewon’s stubbornness as his scowl on his face deepened.

 

 

"You are probably the fifth fan I’m asking to leave today and seriously coming here just to see him in hope you’ll get a glance from him. That’s desperation right here and borderline psycho. You should go get check by a psychiatrist." He spat. Chaewon couldn’t really blame him, as he said he already told 4 other girls to go away but she wasn’t one of them... in fact she could careless about the male protagonist that she doesn’t even know the name of as the only person she was interested in, here, was her own girlfriend... 

 

 

"Actually she’s a psychiatrist, and she’s with me." Said a voice not too far. Looking at the source of the voice Chaewon smiled right away. Minjoo was already frowning at how the manager treated Chaewon just now and unlike Chaewon she didn’t find that a proper way to tell someone to go away, crazy fan or not. 

 

"You should be the one getting che-" Minjoo’s next reply was cut off by Chaewon just in time.

 

 

"It’s okay Min. He didn’t do anything wrong right.?" She raised an eyebrow at the manager who immediately nodded in approval.

 

 

"Anyway, I’m gonna get changed. I already told the director you were here so you don’t need to tell her. Come with me." Minjoo said, glaring one last time at the manager before grabbing Chaewon’s hand in hers and dragging her away.

 

 

They had a big van just for Minjoo and the others female actors -who weren’t present today- where they could change and put on their makeup. Chaewon was already used to it as it wasn’t her first time visiting Minjoo while she was working. Minjoo opened the door for them and closed it once Chaewon was inside, locking it behind her.

 

Immediately she went to her girlfriend, putting her arms around her neck and smiling softly at her... it’s been a week since they last saw each other and the last time they did was just pure luck. 

 

"I missed you." Said Minjoo, closing the gap between them and planting a gentle peck on her girlfriends lips.

 

 

"I missed you too." Replied Chaewon with her own smile.

 

 

"I’m sorry for this idiot out there. I never liked him. Too bad he’s Dongsun’s manager." Minjoo mumbled with a frown recalling how rude he was.

 

 

"Don’t worry, I had worse today so I don’t really care about him right now." Replied Chaewon. Sure she had way worse in the form of Nam Chunso aka her patient suffering from gynophobia. Just remembering what happened back in the car made her own worries creep back.

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter