Heart for Dreaming (part 2)

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Minjoo come on your turn."

 

 

"What ? Me ?! But I don’t dance !!" Once all the attention was diverted on Minjoo that was when the girl  finally realized the situation... a little too late.

 

 

"Wow come on ! We’re here for fun not to judge y’all. Kwangbae you too!" Said Eunbi  nonchalantly while glancing at her not-girlfriend who looked like she was ready to kill her for bringing her into the show.

 

Hyewon looked up at them with a glare. "I told you before I don’t dance anymore." She replied coldly as if someone stole her precious snacks.

 

 

"Aish ! You do it and I’ll treat you to the restaurant. Happy ?" Said Chaeyeon already annoyed by Hyewon’s attitude. She would smack the girl’s head too but Sakura was holding her back.

 

"No." Hyewon Replied coldly... Minjoo was slightly surprised to see her reject free food but she was too nervous to ponder on it longer. Eunbi went closer to Hyewon to whisper something in her ear. With a grunt Hyewon stood up and went to the center of the room with heavy legs. "Okay but only if Minjoo does it with me." Said Hyewon after a sigh.

 

 

Minjoo thought about it... Hyewon seemed to dislike this idea as much as her but the girl would do it in the end and then they would all force her to do it too but alone this time because she‘s sure that Hyewon isn’t going to dance a second time just for her... with an anxious smile she stood up next to Hyewon and waited for a song to come.

 

 

Of course it had to be this...

 

 

‘Move by Taemin’

 

Hyewon made a first body roll so Minjoo followed her... but she was impressed by Hyewon, she knew how to dance and that showed even more with the perfect body roll. However something had to go wrong and here they are doing a ridiculous dance because Minjoo was just following Hyewon.

 

 

(the dance she does every time especially with Minami. The one that looks like a hamster(?). )

 

 

"Yah unfair !" Complained everyone once they saw that Hyewon wasn’t being serious and that Minjoo took the opportunity to copy paste the older’s move.

 

 

Instead they changed the song.

 

‘Energetic by Wanna one’

 

 

"Yahhh!!" Yelled Hyewon while glaring at Yena. Somehow this song bothered Hyewon but watching as everyone was looking at her with expectant eyes, she mumbled something along the lines ‘I’m gonna fry this duck one day’ and started to take position.

 

 

Anyway they danced even if Minjoo had a hard time following since she forgot the steps but it still looked good.

 

 

Once they were done she immediately plopped down next to Chaewon embarrassed, she even hid her face with her hands. The fairy took her hands away from her burning red face and praised her...  it was enough to forget this embarrassing memory or at least for the moment.

 

"My turn!" It was Wonyoung who screamed from across the room. It made Minjoo and Chaewon jolt because of the really loud voice. 

 

 

Wonyoung danced to a song she learned at her company before. ‘Wings by Little mix’.

Minjoo recognized it since she often went to watch her younger friend practice. A fond smile made it’s way to her lips which Chaewon didn’t miss. 

 

 

Wonyoung had fun while dancing around. Funnily Yujin started to sing along once she recognized the song. It became a clumsy duet but still impressive and funny to watch.

 

 

They continued like this for a while, surprisingly Minjoo started participating in many dances, they would put on random songs and everyone who knew the choreo was welcomed to the center of the stage. Sakura and her iconic Bombayah with Hyewon who was still forced to dance even if this time she wasn’t that hard to convince.

 

 

In the end they all danced together to ‘Level up’ again and a new song called ‘Pick Me’ which Minjoo knew a little...

 

 

The dance competition transitioned into a singing one. Yuri immediately went first and sang few songs... then Yena followed with ‘Move by Little mix’. 

 

Then it was Chaewon’s turn... she sang a ballad version of ‘Into the new world by SNSD’ with Nako who knew the lyrics and decided to join in. 

 

Sakura did a Japanese song that was about black angels or at least Minjoo thinks it was. Eunbi was singing ‘call me maybe’ with Yujin then the younger did a solo song called ‘icicle’. 

 

Chaeyeon went ahead ans started singing various songs too..

 

It was now her turn apparently and she didn’t know what to do... plus the nervousness made it impossible for her to think rationally.

 

"Minjoo ! ‘No matter what’." Said Wonyoung from her sit... this made her look at the younger girl with big round eyes... she wasn’t going to perform a song and a dance she learned back then when she was at the company...

 

 

"I’m not doing that " she replied blankly 

 

"Come on. Its okay." Said the youngest and went to play the song.

 

 

With a defeated sigh she prepared herself... the fear was here again but she can’t deceive her friends especially when they all did it too before.. it would be ungrateful. So with a determined mind she started to dance and sing like she was taught years ago....

 

 

 

It was a catastrophe, she messed up the steps and she was singing shakily... she was ready to face a thunder of ‘boooos’ or whatever but instead she heard some screams and some claps... they were applauding her... 

 

 

She looked up to her friends who had bright smile and curious eyes... "I didn’t know you could sing and dance." Said Eunbi surprised by the performance.

 

 

"Oh you don’t know what she can do." Replied Wonyoung with a knowing smile. 

 

 

"Wonyoung!!’ She scolded the girl... she wasn’t ready to tell them... not yet.

 

 

"Anyway... Hyewon ?" Asked Chaeyeon.

 

 

Hyewon half heartedly moved from her sit to the front of the room... she sang ‘Good day by IU’ and although she wasn’t the most skilled vocalist she impressed everyone watching her. Her minimal moves and deep voice surprised the Japanese girls and the two girl from Seoul who weren’t used to this. At the same time the rest just watched with found and happy smiles their friend finally performing something after years. 

 

It became a karaoke party, they found some mics somewhere in the middle and they all started to sing crazily. It was exhausting and everyone was on the floor panting by the fifteenth song or so. Everyone sang, and by everyone it included Hyewon and Minjoo who somehow got hyped up by everyone once they were pass the initial nervousness. 

 

 

 

The sound of the piano made Minjoo look up from her position (laying on the floor) to the source of the noise. She saw Yuri on one of the piano that she pulled closer to the center of the room. She knew the girl was a skilled pianist but wow... she was playing ‘Chandelier by Sia‘ while singing the lyrics... the girl was never tired of singing. 

 

 

 

She caught the attention of Hyewon too... somehow the girl finally reacted to something and it was the piano.

 

 

By the end of the song she smiled at the two girl who were watching her. "Hyewon ... wanna play.?" She asked the girl who was hesitant but ultimately went closer to play. Yuri let the girl settle down on the chair. 

 

 

Minjoo knew this song and was surprised by Hyewon’s choice... ‘Rewrite the star’. 

 

She knew the girl could play the guitar really well but seeing how she seemed to play the piano comfortably made her question her knowledge on the girl... she didn’t knew she could sing, dance and now the piano... 

 

 

By the end of the song Chaewon stood up with a grin and sat next to Hyewon... 

 

 

"Like in the old time." She smiled and they both started to play ‘Dog Walt’z. ‘

 

 

Like expected Chaewon got it wrong again and laughed at her own error. 

 

 

It was Chaeyeon’s turn to play something and she was playing the famous ‘Lettre à Élise by Beethoven’. 

 

Then Yujin went to play ‘Summer by Joe Hisaishi’ 

 

 

Minjoo was surprised to see so many people able to play the piano. 

 

 

It wasn’t surprising however when it was Wonyoung’s turn as she knew that the girl was good at playing the piano like her.

 

Then it was Hitomi, Sakura and Nako... Eunbi was the last one before Yuri claimed the piano back. 

 

 

"Anyone who would like to beat me ?" She asked with a smirk... she was the most skilled pianist here without a doubt, Hyewon was good but not as much as Yuri, and the rest weren’t a match for the well known pianist Yuri.

 

Minjoo felt guilty, she never told them about her hobbies nor her past occupations yet the others were so open and ready to show their own hidden talents. Especially Hyewon who surprised Minjoo the most today.

 

 

Minjoo stood up and walked closer to the piano with hesitant small steps. 

 

 

"Minjoo ?" Asked Yuri surprised.

 

"My turn to try." Simply replied Minjoo determined to show her piano skills. Chaewon was grinning in the corner watching as Minjoo was standing up herself... in a way the girl was opening up to everyone here and she was proud of her.

 

Minjoo took a deep breath, she was nervous and her fingers were shaky. Chaewon immediately moved closer to her and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder telling the girl that she was here. With a nod and another breath she started playing. 

 

The familiar notes made Chaewon smile. ‘The Entertainer’ again.

 

 

By the end of the song everyone looked at Minjoo as if she was someone else... but quickly enough they all applauded her... and Minjoo smiled brightly.

 

 

‘I did it’ Thought Minjoo with a feeling of accomplishment filling her.

 

Chaewon still by her side couldn’t hide the smile that showed how proud she was.

 

 

"That... was good." Said Yuri still stupefied by the song... a simple one but really well played. Her trained ears could detect the talent and the years of practice behind this simple song. 

 

"Battle ! Battle ! Battle !" Everyone excitedly chanted ready for a good piano battle to unfold.

 

 

Minjoo stood up and let Yuri take her place. She was ready for the competition.

 

 

Yuri step up her game... it was a song that Minjoo knew well, herself had learned it before.

 

‘Fantaisie impromptu by Chopin’

 

Yuri’s fingers were skillfully gliding over the keys at such a precision and speed that Minjoo felt a shiver running down her spine... it was a really hard piece to play and to learn and Minjoo knew that she lost even before playing.

 

However Yuri stopped after she missed a note... well she hasn’t played that seriously since a long time.

 

 

"Ahhh I missed it..." she whined before giving the place for Minjoo’s turn.

 

 

This was unexpected... Minjoo thought she had a chance now, maybe not to beat Yuri but to just show that she could be a strong opponent.

 

The princess opted for a simpler song instead of going harder... ‘Clair de Lune by Debussy’

 

 

She nailed it. 

 

To say that the other were impressed was an understatement. Even Yuri had to admit she was a good pianist. Chaewon was all heart eyes but that... Minjoo didn’t know.

 

 

It boosted Minjoo’s confidence a lot... she felt like everything was easier, she wasn’t scared anymore to show her different faces to the others... 

 

 

Yuri however wasn’t going to get beat in her field of expertise. She had to do a now or never thing..

 

 

 

Stretching her fingers she started to play a well known song... one of the battle in the movie ‘Secret’.

 

 

Minjoo was officially defeated but didn’t mean that she gave up... she still had to show some of her talents and prove the girls she could do things too.

 

She started to play a song that no one recognized. Of course no one would when she composed it herself.

 

 

"Did you composed it .?" Asked Yuri surprised. It did took Minjoo aback a little.

 

 

"Uhh yeah ..?" She replied shyly... but she didn’t expect Yuri to jump on her and hugging her like her life depended on it. 

 

 

"Wahhh Minjoo you’re good."

 

"Yah I didn’t know you could play the piano."

 

"I’m impressed." 

 

 

This time she was sure of something... she wasn’t scared of playing instruments anymore when she was surrounded by her friends.

 

 

The day continued with Wonyoung playing the violin to everyone’s surprise as well as the flute... Minjoo took the chance to play several type of flutes too, from the recorde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter