Hope for the Teaser and the Teased

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I remember you crying a lot when I told you about me getting bullied. I should be the one crying not you." Laughed Minjoo recalling that day clearly in her mind. It was one of her most precious memory with Chaewon, it was the day she finally trusted her fully to tell her about her past. It was the day she fully accepted Chaewon as someone more than a mere friend... she was her other half even if she wasn’t ready to tell this to the fairy.

 

 

Chaewon blushed and looked away toward the bathroom wall as an attempt to shrug it off. "I mean... it was really overwhelming when you told me about it... I care a lot for you so what were you expecting. Me mocking you ? I would never." Said Chaewon in her usual cool tone... 

 

"But you tease me." Countered Minjoo with a smirk.

 

"There’s a difference between mocking and teasing. Plus you tease me a lot as well !" Replied Chaewon in defense. 

 

"True true... even if I don’t see how I tease you lot... maybe just a little." Responded Minjoo with a smile.

 

"Trust me. You’re a tease." Stated Chaewon plainly. So many times before, unlike her angelic face, Minjoo to death and when she said to death, she means it. She could be the most innocent and precious girl she ever met but she was also a hell of a teaser sometimes, and not even purposely. Minjoo was a tease for the fairy’s poor little heart that couldn’t stand how pretty she was.

 

"And how am I a tease exactly, Chaewon-shi ?" Playfully asked Minjoo while turning slightly so she’d face Chaewon. She purposely leaned a little closer just to see Chaewon blush at their proximity. Minjoo was in a mood to tease Chaewon to death today. Regaining her composure Chaewon immediately answered the princess. "See ! That kind of tease. Aigoo, My poor heart... don’t you know how much you tease it on a regular basis." 

 

 

Minjoo openly laughed at that answer, she was enjoying flustered Chaewon way too much... "oh yeah ? More than my psychiatrist  ? " asked Minjoo with a fake annoyance.

 

"I told you ! I don’t like your psychiatrist ! She’s just good in her job that’s all." Chaewon had told her this a thousand times already but she didn’t know that Minjoo only refers to her psychiatrist so she could annoy Chaewon again and again.

 

"Yeah yeah sure." She continued her act and pretended not believing the older girl’s statement.

 

 

 

 

——— (flashback)

 

 

 

It was time for the oh so dreaded appointment... Minjoo wasn’t that scared anymore. In the transportation, Minjoo would only focus on Chaewon, it helped her forget about the exterior world and the people around them. They enjoyed their walk to the psychiatrist's cabinet while Minjoo showed Chaewon some places she liked and told her they would visit them later since they still had the rest of the week for that.

 

 

Minjoo walked inside a small building and went directly to the familiar receptionist. "Oh, Minjoo-shi, long time no see. You aren’t with your mother this time?" Greeted the receptionist once he saw the familiar girl again after a long time. This old man became a regular face for Minjoo throughout her appointments, she learned to like his presence as he was kind and gentle with her, even if she would ignore him most of the time before because she was scared of him at first. The receptionist also knew how to behave with the patients, especially when he is a receptionist for a psychiatrist  cabinet, he is very friendly with every patients while reassuring them if they were stressed about their appointments.

 

"No, my mom is busy. I came here with my friend Chaewon. Chaewon this is Mr Son Kwangsun." She introduced her friend. Minjoo was glad to see him still working here, he was one of the few people she learned to be less scared of when she was still recovering from her traumas, she still is but she had made a long way until now. 

 

"Hello, nice to meet you." They exchanged few words before the receptionist turned back to Minjoo. "Are you here for your appointment ?" He asked her which she nodded.  Sometimes she would come here just to be with her psychiatrist even if she didn’t have any appointments, when she was busy she would wait for her by staying with Mr Son and chatting with him. It was a normal occurrence for Minjoo that the receptionist asks her if she was here for a formal appointment or just to be here with them. "Okay, Dr Shin is waiting for you." He told her with a smile. He lead them toward a white closed door before telling them they could enter whenever they want.

 

 

 

Minjoo wasted no time and knocked on the door, waiting for a signal to come in. It didn’t take long before the door opened, revealing a young adult...it wasn’t what Chaewon expected. The woman looked almost as young as them and she was also, truthfully speaking, quite good looking. She was imagining the psychiatrist to be an older woman with a wiser figure and a more ... intellectual look. But the one in front of her almost looked like a model... that wasn’t the typical psychiatrist she was thinking of.

 

 

Upon seeing Minjoo, the doctor immediately smiled and even hugged the girl... that was odd, Chaewon thought.

 

 

"Come in. Come in" she ushered them inside with excitement clear in her voice. Minjoo grabbed Chaewon by the hand and pulled her inside with her... was she even supposed to come in with her ? Chaewon was confused, she thought she would have stayed in the lobby for Minjoo but here she is in the doctor’s office.

 

 

 

"I was waiting for you to come. It’s been so long since we last met. Not that I hoped you’ll come back to see me as it’s not a really good situation if you ever encounter me in my office but still.." said the doctor with a sheepish smile.

 

 

"And I see that you bought a friend with you... may introduce yourself please" the older woman directed her attention back on Chaewon.

 

"Oh yeah, I’m Kim Chaewon, I’m slightly older than Minjoo and we both are in the same class in our high school... uhhhh nice to meet you ma’am." She replied, she didn’t know what to say because the woman in front of her was being so nonchalant that she didn’t know if she should be formal or not. In the end she just made a fool of herself.

 

 

"Oh no, please call me Seongji or Unnie. I don’t want anyone here being formal with me, okay. So tell me Chaewon, how did you met Minjoo..?" She asked her while resting her head on her hand in a comfortable position behind her desk.

 

 

"Uh, actually we met one day before the start of high school, it was during one of my shift of my summer job..." she replied unsure if she should continue or not since it was more of Minjoo’s privacy than hers...

 

 

"Chaewon got angry at a rude customer who made me fall down because I was blocking the way... she also saved me from being ran over by a car when I tried to run away because I was scared and embarrassed." Continued Minjoo instead.

 

 

"I see, so you’re like Minjoo’s savior." 

 

 

"No, I’m not her savior... okay maybe a little but we really became close friends in a short span of days without really talking about the fact that I saved her. Our friendship have nothing to do with the fact that I saved her, we just really get along together." She told the woman who just nodded in reply satisfied with the answer.

 

 

"And you Minjoo how are you lately... last time I saw you was by face time. From what I understood you and your friends got even closer now, and you feel less scared right." 

 

 

"Yeah, I didn’t have a panic attack since a long time-" started Minjoo but immediately stopped herself once she saw the pointed look Seongji was giving her. Of course the psychiatrist would detect her lie from miles away, especially if it’s Minjoo that was lying. That girl was genuinely bad at lying. "Okay, I may or may not had had a small panic attack yesterday in the subway. You know, it was by my old school station and I saw some students coming in." Explained Minjoo looking down at her fingers avoiding Seongji’s eyes at all cost.

 

"I see. Well it’s normal I may say... that’s a huge trigger for you but hearing that it was only a minor panic attack tells me that you’re really getting better. I told you, your friends are a really good emotional support even if it’s hard sometimes because of your past experiences. I’m sure you realized how it helped you to get better. From what I see, I can say your self confidence also improved a lot." Said Seongji with a proud smile. This one patient was really hard to deal with in the beginning but seeing all the improvements she made was making her happy. 

 

Hearing that Minjoo looked up with a happy glint in her eyes, it was good to be praised especially from one of her closest person... this psychiatrist wasn’t just a mere doctor for her, she was a friend and her savior. With that renewed joy Minjoo continued her story happily.

 

"Yeah, you saw it when I called you but I got Pink hair for some time... at first I was anxious but by the end of the year it became easier. I also participated in the school annual festival and for the first time since middle school I played the guitar. My friend Hyewon encouraged me a lot and even let me have the importants parts of the song when she was capable of doing it herself... we bickered a lot on that matter. But in the end, I started playing the guitar again regularly after our performance and I can’t believe how much I missed playing it." Told Minjoo excitedly. It was a good memory, their little guitar performance gave her so much confidence in herself, not only that but she really missed the feeling of playing music, and now that she restarted playing the guitar it was somehow making her feel complete again (but that she didn’t admit it herself.).

 

 

"That’s good to hear. Your friends are a very good influence on you I believe, and I’m glad you met them. The look like very adorable persons." Truthfully said the doctor which Chaewon couldn’t help but to snort at... her friends being good influences was the most hilarious thing she heard today so far. How in the world could they be a good influence when they literally all, except Minjoo, raided the teachers office for various stupid reasons. All they did was to drag Minjoo along with them, literally. 

 

 

"I’m sorry but I think it’s the other way round, Minjoo is the good influence on us." Joked Chaewon earning the melodious giggles of Minjoo who agreed with her in a heartbeat.

 

"Any other things you’ll like to tell me?" Asked Seongji to Minjoo once her laughters died down.

 

 

"Uhmmmm, oh Wonyoung transferred to my school and gets well along my other friends too... it was maybe the best thing that happened this year. My sleeping is still a little irregular and it’s hard sometimes but it’s getting better. We also have a place where I really feel at peace, it’s a small river in the woods and it’s the only place where I don’t have my constant fear following me." Minjoo added while still trying to recall anything important.

 

 

"That’s good... I’ll ask you now to wait outside a little with Mr Son while I talk to your friend." Said the doctor. Minjoo didn’t protest and just went out of the room leaving Chaewon alone with the older woman. Chaewon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter