Bubblegum eyed Monster

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy : The reason why Minjoo suddenly got pink hair was because she was jealous of Ryujin. 

 

 

Minjoo eyes were as wide as saucers when Chaewon read it out loud with an obvious proud smirk on her face and teasing voice. Minjoo prayed that that was all and Joy wouldn’t go into details but her hope were crushed down quickly hearing that demonic sound.

 

 

Ding! 

 

 

Joy: Because she wanted Chaewon’s attention she wanted to dye her hair pink like Ryujin as Chaewon keep talking about how good her pink hair looked. She asked me to help her getting few strands pink but I turned her whole hair bubblegum and she was so scared of showing Chaewon her hair that she skipped classes the wore a hat all day when she was forced to go to school until the teacher scolded her and gave her 3 hours detention. 

 

 

 

"Care to tell Darling." Said Chaewon with a big eating grin finally getting revenge on Minjoo. 

 

 

 

 

——-——- (flashback)

 

 

 

"I swear to god, your sister have good taste ... I mean look, Ryujin is dazzling with her pink hair." 

 

 

Minjoo huffed and turn her head away looking at everything but the girl in front of her or the girl passing by. She was eating with the usual group, in front of her was Chaewon, next to her was Yujin and on the other side was Eunbi. It was maybe the fifth time Chaewon complimented Chaeyeon’s little sister’s girlfriend Ryujin today and it was annoying the hell out of Minjoo. It’s been 5 days since Ryujin got that new hair color and it was the talk of the school, she really wasn’t into gossiping and all so she could care less but what really annoyed her was that Chaewon was part of that everyone. 

 

 

"I mean, of course my sister have good taste... look who I got." Said Chaeyeon while side hugging Sakura next to her only causing some loud disgusted noise from all over the table. 

 

 

It was their second year of high school also meaning that Eunbi and Sakura are graduating this year. Unfortunately, Joy graduated last year but always come over during weekends to hang out with them and visit her family. Especially now, Seulgi was back from her studies and introduced them all to her gorgeous girlfriend, Eunbi’s cousin, she also brought some of her friends from her University making their little big group even bigger.

 

 Looking around she couldn’t help but to smile at their little group of friends. She never thought she would have such an important group of friends. She never experienced it before and she was glad that she met them in that small city lost in the woods. She saw how Nako was giving disgusting faces to Chaeyeon and Sakura eliciting a contagious laugh from Chaeyeon. It made everyone laugh with her and they all began to cackle like crazy people. On her left she looked at Hyewon who was focusing on eating and laughing at the same time, a talent of hers, looking down she saw how her hand was intertwined with the council president’s one who was also laughing with the group. The table was hiding it but from her place Minjoo could see it clearly. No one ever questioned their relationship and no one ever payed attentionto it but being one of the newest addition to their group, she couldn’t help her curiosity to rise at the sight. 

 

She found them extremely cute and intimate but she was pretty sure they weren’t dating, yet, and she couldn’t think of a good reason for them not dating at the moment. They were literally a couple at this point so what was holding them back. It was endearing watching them together in their own world but frustrating at the same time knowing they weren’t official yet. (Ironic coming from you Minjoo uh). 

 

She wondered if one day she will find someone for her. She envied Chaeyeon and Sakura who immediately hit off at the beginning of the year, when the Japanese exchanged student first came, and in a matter of 2 months they were already dating. They were one of the most popular couple here and they truly compliment each other. She also admired Yuri and Yena who surprisingly started dating each other just after Sakura and Chaeyeon got official. 

 

She was deep in thoughts, imagining a future with someone that will love her as much as Chaeyeon loves Sakura or even more, she was dreaming of a relationship that wouldn’t be too gross and touchy preferring the intimacy of sweet and small gestures like how Hyewon would do with Eunbi or the other way round, but she also pictured her lover to be like a best friend to her, someone she could talk to about everything or be playful with such as how Yena and Yuri’s relationship is. All this thinking only made a single face pop up in her mind....

 

 

"What do you think you ?" She suddenly looked in front of her as the voice made her snap back to reality, she smiled as she realized that was in her mind reflected perfectly Chaewon who was asking her something that she couldn’t hear. Of course, if there’s one thing that she loved the most in their group of friends was this one individual in particular. Chaewon was something that she couldn’t describe, she is the one who was always by her side and who it was easy to talk with but at the same time she made her feel different, she felt special around her almost like feeling loved. She blushed at the thought. 

 

 

 

"Woo-ooo MinMin ?" Chaewon was waving her hand in front of Minjoo’s face startling her. "Are you okay Min ?" She asked again worried for her younger friend. "Y-yeah, what were you saying again.?" Said Minjoo trying to act normally when in reality she felt her stomach doing flips at the sound of her nickname, the nickname that only Chaewon used. "I was asking what do you think of Ryujin’s hair." Demanded Chaewon innocently.

 

 

 

Minjoo’s smile turned into a deep frown... of course, she was being delusional again. She felt something hurting in her chest and couldn’t pin point what it was. However she for sure felt the wave of disappointment and sadness filling her mind as her stomach stopped flipping but dropped instead and started to churn. Without answering Chaewon, Minjoo stood up gaining the attention of the group. "I forgot I had something to do." Said Minjoo excusing herself from the table and almost running away from the scene. If there one thing Chaewon was really good at, it was making Minjoo change 180 degrees in less than 3 seconds and Minjoo didn’t even knew why. It happens a lot more frequently and it was scaring her. She dashed out the cafeteria, taking her tray and vanished behind the doors.

 

 

Chaewon was about to follow her but everyone shot her a disapproving glare that made her sit back down confused. "What ?!" Said Chaewon. Not understanding why she was given such looks. "Nothing..." replied Eunbi sighing. 

 

Even at that time it was obvious that they like each other.... well obvious for everyone except for them. 

 

 

Chaewon didn’t see Minjoo all day after that and kept wondering what did she do to make the latter so mad. 

 

 

 

That same night Joy received a text from the one and only jealous frog. 

 

 

Minguri : Help me dye my hair pink tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

XXXXX

 

 

 

"Just some strands... I don’t want all my hair pink" said Minjoo to Joy but of course... she didn’t knew that unspoken rule among their group at that time which was .... never ask Joy to do your hair... 

 

 

She and Joy were very close by the end of her first year of high school. For some reasons they get well along and the girl was always ready to listen to whatever Minjoo had at heart or in mind. Of course when Joy graduated she threatened Minjoo to text her regularly and so they did, they’ve been texting every single day and Minjoo always talked about how her day went than asked the older how hers was and it goes on and on. 

 

Joy was super happy when Seulgi came back this year and gladly introduced the girl to Minjoo when she first had the opportunity to. Although Seulgi was nice, she was still shy around the older as she didn’t knew her from before, unlike her friends who basically grew up with the bear like girl. However, like her cousin, Joohyun was someone who was easy to talk with and she quickly got attached to the future doctor as she provided wise advice and seemed to always have a way to deal with whatever problems Minjoo faced. She also got to meet Seungwan or Wendy, she was Joohyun’s friend from University

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter