Fear of Dreaming (part 1)

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you know where Yuri put her make up ?"

 

 

"Yes, it’s in this pouch here." Minjoo pointed at the slightly big pouch that was containing Yuri’s precious makeup next to the sink. Chaewon stood up slightly and bent down to grab the pouch before slumping back down in the bathtub as if it was a bed... a really weird and uncomfortable bed but still a bed. 

 

Chaewon wanted her revenge on Minjoo, after all, this whole night has been a matter of revenge for everyone. What Minjoo has done ? Teasing her. That’s the crime she had committed and Chaewon was ready to punish her. 

 

 

"Come on I’ll give you a hickey." Smirked Chaewon with a teasing voice that made Minjoo’s cheek going a dark red shade with her so expressive eyes widening in shock.

 

"W-what ?!" Minjoo stuttered out. She didn’t hear her wrong did she ? What the hell was Chaewon thinking of right now, was she seriously going to... "I’m going to give you a hickey... with the makeup." Chaewon repeated a little too proud of herself for making Minjoo a blushing mess... 

 

 

‘This one is my personal revenge on you for being a tease earlier’ Thought Chaewon 

 

 

 

It took less than 10 minutes to make a really realistic fake hickey on Minjoo’s neck... Chaewon would be lying if she said that she wasn’t thinking of giving Minjoo a hickey herself instead of using Yuri’s makeup but well... not in this bathroom at least. She was so going to kill her friends once they unlock the door. Minjoo was silently let Chaewon do whatever she wanted on her neck with the makeup even if her blush was still present on her cheek.

 

"Wanna look ?" Chaewon said once she was satisfied with her work. With a shy nod Minjoo looked in the mirror of one of the powder box and inspected Chaewon’s work. She blushed hard again seeing how realistic it was, almost as if Chaewon really gave her an hickey. 

 

 

‘Yah don’t think of weird things.’ Scolded Minjoo in her mind.

 

"Like this, even if they ask you, you’ll be able to tell the truth without lying." Smiled Chaewon with her so annoying mischievous expression.

 

 

"Tell the truth ?"

 

"That I gave you a hickey."

 

 

 

Minjoo was torn between hiding herself and slapping Chaewon for her not so subtle ways of teasing her... which obviously worked with how flustered she got in a span of 20 minutes or less. As if it wasn’t enough, Chaewon continued her plan. She wanted to make the most of this situation.

 

 

"Now it’s your turn." Instructed Chaewon while passing the makeup to Minjoo who just looked at her incredulously.

 

 

"W-what." It seems like Minjoo would be stuttering a lot tonight.

 

"Give me a hickey. Unless you aren’t into these... you know biting and all." Chaewon really liked how red Minjoo’s face got, how her eyes doubled their normal size and how it was easy to fluster the girl... she always knew that although Minjoo was the best actor she ever met, she was the easiest person to read and understand when you get close to her. And right now, she could almost feel the embarrassment exuding from the princess to her biggest delight. Teasing Minjoo will forever be her number one activity, with loving her as well.

 

 

"N-no." Was all Minjoo’s mind could process.

 

 

"No what .? You don’t want to give me a hickey or you aren’t into biting stuffs.?" Pressed Chaewon with her smirk growing double size. She was often compared to a feline animal, a cat, a tiger, a cheetah, name it,  but if there was one feline that looked like Chaewon right now, it would be the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. Her smirky grin was as big as the Cheshire Cat and her mischievous eyes were also way too similar.

 

 

 

"I- uh.... shut up !" 

 

 

Chaewon’s laugh was the only sound that was resounding in the quiet bathroom where  they are both locked into but it was quickly followed by the sound that was now also familiar to this place... Yup, Chaewon got slapped a second time, even though this time it wasn’t as strong because Minjoo was too focused on battling with her own embarrassment to manage to slap the laughing fairy harder... instead it was a gentle slap that welcomed Chaewon and made her laugh even harder while the princess hid her face with both palms of her hands and wished for the ground to open up under her and swallow her whole to escape this embarrassing situation. 

 

 

 

 

After Chaewon apologized -because Minjoo was still a sensitive little kid at heart and loved to sulk like a 5 years old- they finally got their fake hickeys done and put Yuri’s makeup back to where they first took it to hide the evidences. 

 

 

They settled back in the bathtub with a still grumbling Minjoo that was still a little mad at Chaewon for this really embarrassing moment. Minjoo was really a kid at heart and it just made Chaewon fall deeper for her even if she was already so deeply in love with the childlike princess. 

 

 

"I can’t believe that you, a kid like adult that can’t even lie, is also a talented actor... how the hell can you be both." Voiced Chaewon out loud with a found smile on her lips. 

 

 

"I’m not a kid !! And lying is bad." Protested Minjoo... that really didn’t help her because Chaewon thought that she looked like her 5 years old cousin that doesn’t know anything but sulk and argue.

 

 

"Yeah yeah sure..." 

 

 

"I hate you." Mumbled Minjoo even if her actions says otherwise, she snuggled even closer to Chaewon and inhaled the familiar minty fragrance that became her favorite over all her years here in Fallen Woods. 

 

The comfortable silence filled the bathroom that was once noisy and full of laughter. It wasn’t awkward anymore.

 

 "How’s the university ? I barely see you there." Asked Chaewon curious. Even if they both are in the same university, their major are opposite of one another as well as their buildings. While Minjoo was in the art building, Chaewon was in the Medical one. Plus their schedules are hardly matching, they don’t have much time to spend together but every time they could, they would hang out and catch up on their lost time.

 

 

"It’s Good... but kinda tiring sometimes. The company is really cool with me and they doesn’t force me on anything. "Replied Minjoo softly, she was getting tired and the warmth coming from Chaewon’s body was just too perfect for her.

 

 

"Hmmm good to hear... And the drama ?" 

 

 

"I’ll start in two weeks, I already rehearsed once with the others and we all are satisfied with the cast. It’ll take around 4 months to film everything so they already informed the Uni about it. What about you ?" Replied Minjoo in a smaller voice.

 

 

"I’m good. Psychology is a hard subject to major in but I’m doing okay. Seongji helps me sometimes when I don’t understand few things, I spend a lot of time calling her so she can give me some private lessons. Other than that everything is good." Answered Chaewon while patting Minjoo’s back in a steady pace. 

 

 

"You know... I’m glad that I brought you to my appointment with Seongji... without it we wouldn’t be where we are right now." Truthfully said Minjoo... from this appointment so much things changed in her life and all to the better.

 

 

 

"I’m glad too."

 

 

"Because you met Seongji ? Like I said she looks really young for her age and she’s kind-" Minjoo couldn’t let this occasion slip to tease Chaewon go away and she intended to take her revenge on her too. 

 

 

"Yah Kim Minjoo !"

 

"Hahahaha"

 

 

———— (flashback)

 

 

 

They had visited the capital for the rest of their week there, without worries and fear. It was the first time Chaewon was here so Minjoo took it as her mission to show every single place that the fairy might like. Unknown to her, wherever they would go, Chaewon would be happy anyway because it isn’t the location but the company that mattered to her, and right now, she was with the perfect person to enjoy their little trips around the city.

 

 

They were back to the apartment, Minjoo’s grandparents were really found of Chaewon for various reason but they weren’t blind, although they were old, they both could see the invisible connection between their granddaughter and the girl.

 

 

It was raining, Chaewon loved it when it would rain in summer. But Minjoo insisted on staying in the apartment. She said that the rain here wasn’t as nice as in Fallen Woods and it would just get them sick. Instead they were doing a bunch of activities with the grandparents.

 

From cooking to baking, from drawing to painting or playing to teasing, it didn’t matter what they were doing because they all were enjoying this afternoon. The olders didn’t have the same stamina as the two young teenagers so at some point they both went to rest in their room, leaving the two girls alone in the big apartment. 

 

They continue to play some games until they decided to take a break too.

 

 

Chaewon had spotted the piano in the corner of the room since her first day here. She wasn’t an expert but it was obvious that this piano was expensive and surely a professional one. Next to it was a tall and thin glass cabinet where she could see some trophies and pictures with medals as well, yet, she never got time to inspect it further. Looking at Minjoo, she noticed the girl, on the couch, probably texting her parents. 

 

 

Unconsciously she moved toward the piano and observed it closely. The dark painted wood had a small layer of dust resting on it. She wondered how long was it since the last time someone played it. Moving aside she took a closer look at the cabinet. 

 

 

There were few dark and white pictures that were probably older than her, the same piano being played by a woman around her age with two proud parents next to her. She assumed it was Minjoo’s mom and her two parents since she could recognize their features although in the picture they both looked really young. Plus, the young girl looked extremely like Minjoo but not exactly at the same time.

 

Under the first glass shelf, older pictures were displayed. This time she supposed it was Minjoo’s grandmother. 

 

 

The higher shelf had a multitude of trophies and from the dates graved on them, it was a mix of the grandmother and the mom’s collection of trophies and awards.

 

 

On one shelf however she saw the cutest picture she ever seen, and she had seen a lot of baby animals pictures before. Baby Minjoo, around maybe 3 years old was sat on her grandmother’s laps and tried to play the piano. The same innocent and bright smile that the older Minjoo have was still present on the picture and it was really similar to the smiles Chaewon witnessed regularly. On the side were more pictures but this time it was of an older Minjoo, maybe around 10 years old still playing the same piano. Next to it was various medals and small trophies. 

 

‘Junior piano competition.’

 

So Minjoo actually is a good pianist, as well as an extraordinary guitarist. She was curious on Minjoo’s skills and Seongji’s words suddenly repeated themselves in her head. If she could make Minjoo play the piano, it would be a step closer to her goal. 

 

 

Looking back at the piano next to her she sighed.

 

 

‘I should try at least.’ She thought while taking small steps closer to the piano. 

 

 

Taking the small chair that was under the piano, she sat on it and readied herself. It’s been too long since she last played and she was sure she was going to make a fool of herself but for Minjoo she was ready to try.

 

Chaewon opened the covering lid to revealed a row of clean white and black keys. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter