Chae... Happy Birthday

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaewon sat there, looking at the ceiling and heaving a sigh. She knows she shouldn’t feel so bored and annoyed but she was human after all. Looking out the window, the sky was blue, the clouds were white and the sun was bright. 

 

 

And Chaewon ? She was sulking. 

 

 

It’s childish really, even herself finds it ridiculous. 

 

 

But, for Minjoo, she could be the biggest baby ever. 

 

 

Talking about the model, actress, composer, lyricist (and the list goes on).... she was attending an event in Japan. 

 

 

Nothing particularly new nor surprising. That was her regular schedule and normal occurrence to have some work to do overseas.

 

 

So why was Chaewon acting like a kid ?

 

 

"Unnie, could you stop looking like a kicked puppy ? You’re scaring the customers." Nako said as she wiped one of the tables nearby in the cafe shop. 

 

 

Oh right, Chaewon went to sulk in the Enozi coffee shop owned by Yuri and Yena. 

 

 

 

"Leave her, it’s nothing new anyway." Hitomi said with a sigh while she was dusting the floor with a broom in hand.

 

Hitomi looked up and laughed at the quite familiar sight, from when the two Kims weren’t dating yet. Chaewon always came here to sulk and mope around at that time.

 

 

 

"But still. I thought that now that the two are basically married, we wouldn’t have to witness this Chaewon again." Yena scoffed from behind the counter.

 

 

"I’m pretty sure the customers here are used to it now anyway. I mean, Ms Jung asked me if the two had a fight or something." Yuri laughed, remembering how one of there regular customer for years had asked about why Chaewon looked this sad today. 

 

 

"Ms Jung is nice." Nako said, all agreeing with the statement.

 

 

"Anyway, Chaewon, stop moping around." Yuri asked while sitting down next to Chaewon.

 

 

"But... I miss her." Chaewon looked up at Yuri. Eyes big and almost teary... how was that Chaewon ? Yuri questions whatever Minjoo did to her friend.... but she guesses that that was what love does to someone.

 

 

 

"Ugh stop looking at my girlfriend like that." Yena groaned while slapping a hand over the pouting and -in-boots eyed faced Chaewon.

 

 

"MmmMmph Mm." Chaewon mumbled under Yena’s hand.

 

 

"I won’t take my hand back unless you stop looking like a kicked dog... And stop calling me duck." Yena replied. Everyone looked at Yena like she grew a second head... how did she even understand Chaewon who mumbled in her hand ?

 

 

 

Unsurprisingly, Chaewon bit down on Yena’s hand, making the duck-girl groan in pain. Chaewon not releasing her hand while Yena was screaming around. (More like quacking around but that's only a detail.)

 

 

"Yah yah yah ! Stop ouchhhhh !" Yena screamed again, while her hand was still trapped in Chaewon’s mouth. 

 

 

"Alright. Stop. You both." Finally, the voice of reason stopped the two. Eunbi looked at them with a smile, they never grew up. In them, she still sees the little kids she grew up with, through up and downs, laughters and cries, smile and tears... a real family although not blood related.

 

 

Chaewon released Yena who went to Yuri to cry and act like a kid who got scared by a dog. While Chaewon huffed, mumbling a ‘deserved’ under her breath. 

 

 

"So, what do we do for tomorrow ?" Hyewon asked, sitting not too far from Chaewon while eating a piece of cake. Not surprising.

 

 

"How about we go to the river side ? All together." Sakura suggested.

 

 

"Hmmm." Chaeyeon coughed loudly, indicating that she should be careful of her words. 

 

 

 

As if on a cue, Chaewon went back to sulking mode. Her eyes empty yet full of sadness and longing. 

 

 

Oh, and was it mentioned that another sad puppy was moping around in the cafe ? Yujin really looked like as if her owner left her. 

 

 

 

"Oh... oops." Sakura said under her breathe as she just witnessed the two girls morphing back into whiny and sulking pups.

 

 

"That's a good idea ! We could go. We’ll send pictures and video to both Wonyoung and Minjoo !" Chaeyeon added, trying to motivate everyone and cover up the little mistake. The words together shouldn't be said out loud with the two being this sensitive today.

 

 

 

"Right ! Maybe, if we’re lucky, we could video call them." Eunbi continued, trying to save the mood. 

 

 

 

"What do you think Chaewon." Yuri asked, Yena still whining in her arms. 

 

 

Chaewon looked up at them, her eyes still a little sad at the thought of not being with Minjoo, but her friends were making an effort for her... she smiled at them, thankful that they were still there for her no matter what. 

 

 

"Yeah. Sounds like a plan."

 

 

 

 

 

XXX 

 

 

(Meanwhile)

 

 

 

"What do we do ? I want to go back already. Ahhh I miss her." Minjoo was walking in circles in her hotel room. She was restless and she has probably been walking like this for an hour at least.

 

 

"Stop, I’m getting dizzy." Wonyoung complained, looking at her best friend with a frown.

 

 

"I’m sure she’ll be sad that I’m not there tomorrow. If we finish quickly do you think I can catch a plane back there for tomorrow ? I’m sure I could so it, but, my manager already has an eye on me because of the last time I lied and went back just to go to Chaewon by myself. I did apologize though and it’s been years but she still-" 

 

 

 

"STOP !" Wonyoung said loudly, effectively stopping Minjoo in her movements as well as in her rant. 

 

 

"I swear, I’m seriously gonna hit you if you finish that sentence." Wonyoung added, feeling like she’d rather crash her head into the wall next to her than to bear another hour with this particular Minjoo. The overthinking and ranting Minjoo.

 

 

This scene is awfully familiar to both of them for some reason. 

 

 

‘Why do I feel like I’ve already heard this before ?’ Minjoo thought.

 

 

‘Why does this feel very familiar ?’ Wonyoung thought.

 

 

"Anyway. We, as in you and me, have both a schedule tomorrow at 11 am till 4pm for a modelling gig. Then we have a celebrating ceremony with the crew after, that would last at least till 8pm." Wonyoung said for the fifth time maybe today. 

 

 

"But-" 

 

 

"Let me finish first. You can catch a fly after that party with the crew. It’s a 2 hours flight but you’ll have to count in the time you get to go from the airport to your apartment. So, you’ll arrive at, at least, 11 pm... or later." Wonyoung finished.

 

 

Minjoo deflated at the words, she didn’t want to be late. 

 

 

"What do I do ?" Minjoo mumbled, sitting on the floor in desperation.

 

 

"Go with the flow, let’s see if tomorrow we can find a way to go back as quick as possible. Now let’s sleep. You tired me out just by watching you walking in circles like that." Wonyoung said, laying on the bed and getting ready to sleep.

 

 

"Go with the flow ? Alright." Minjoo mumbled under her breath. Looking at her phone, she sent a message to her beloved fiancée. 

 

 

MinMin <3 : Goodnight love ! 

 

Chae <3 : Goodnight sweetheart !

 

 

 

It didn’t take long for the reply to come. Minjoo smiled, she wanted to call her so badly, but she was worried that neither of them would hang up and that both end up not sleeping at all.

 

 

 

 

 

XXX

 

 

 

 

 

‘"AHHHHHHHHH !" 

 


 

 

 

"Don’t let Yena drive ever again !" 

 

"My eardrums."

 

"What did you say ?!"  

 

 

 

As the last car parked next to the others, they saw Sakura going out of the car, Chaeyeon just behind her and Yuri going out totally unfazed. 

 

 

 

"Was it that bad ?" Nako asked as they walked closer to the group.

 

 

"Yena was screaming all along ! My ears are hurting." Sakura complained right away while shooting glares at Yena who looked pale. As if driving was like going inside a haunted house.

 

 

"Don’t let me ever lend my car to her ever again. Was the monitor in their right mind when they gave her her driving license." Chaeyeon added while casually putting her arm around Sakura’s shoulders.

 

 

"Yuri looks alright though." Hitomi pointed at the red haired girl who was walking closer to them.

 

 

"Hey, Yuri, how are you alright when you sat just next to Yena ? Even us in the back sits thought that our eardrums would burst." Chaeyeon asked the young girl who finally joined them. Yuri sat in the shotgun, literally next to Yena. It was a miracle she wasn't deaf yet.

 

 

"Uhh WHAT DID YOU SAY !?" Yuri asked, loud, very loudly. Nevermind she may be deaf now.

 

 

The few girls around Yuri jumped in surprise at how loud her voice was. 

 

 

Yuri looked at the surprised and almost scared faces of her friends. Quickly realizing the situation, she took out the ear plugs out of her ears making everyone gasp in surprise.

 

 

 

"Oh sorry. What did you say ?" Yuri apologized before repeating her question.

 

 

"Nevermind." Everyone said, getting the answer to their question anyway. 

 

 

"They both are a sick couple." Sakura mumbled under her breath, not understanding how these two individuals were even real to begin with. 

 

 

 

 

 

The walk to the river was like in the past, loud, clumsy and in the same smiling mess like years ago. Some things never change.

 

 

Putting a blanket on the floor, they all sat down, some already going into the water to play.

 

 

 

"So, how are you all doing ?" Yuri asked

 

 

"Eunbi and I are in search of an apartment. We gonna live together." Hyewon said, her hand locked in Eunbi’s. 

 

 

"Oh right ! Kwangbae and I took some time because of both our jobs but we are trying to do this before the end of the year." Eunbi added.

 

 

"Well you could ask Chaewon for it. She and Minjoo found an apartment not so long ago, they live together now." Nako said.

 

"Yeah, it’s a big apartment but fortunately we could allow ourselves to buy it, Hyewon actually got the opportunity to visit it last time." Chaewon inquired

 

 

"Yeah, they got a huge triplex. Like, I went to see how Chaewon’s office looked like there and whoa it is big and nice." Hyewon said remembering how impressive their apartment looked like.

 

 

"Yeah, it’s quite useful too. It was Minjoo’s idea, in case she would do lives at home, her fans won’t question it. Like this, she could show the first floor to her fans while keeping the ground floor for me in case I have an appointment with a patient and the last floor to ourselves." Chaewon explained. 

 

 

 

"Seems nice. Invite us one day !" Yuri said excitedly.

 

 

"Sure things. We barely finished the renovations and other few things. We’ll invite you all when everything is finished." Chaewon smiled in agreement.

 

 

"How about you Yuri ?" Eunbi asked 

 

 

"Oh, we plan on opening a new location in the city this time. Probably in Fallen Creek so you all can visit it." Yuri smiled 

 

 

 

They continued talking, laughing and playing the afternoon away. Catching up on each other.

 

 

 

 

 

xxx 

 

 

 

 

"We’re done ! Thank you girls it was amazing like always." The photographer said with a smile. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter