Blooming Date (part 2)

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaewon didn’t know what happened after that... she just knows that now, she’s suddenly at a table with Minjoo, Chaeryeong and Ryujin and that she was probably doomed... like really doomed... she was already praying to somehow survive today.

 

 

"I heard you got a role in the upcoming drama." Said Ryujin warmly... she may look a little intimidating but in reality she’s a huge softie. She and  Minjoo became close when they both entered in the company.

 

"Yeah, and you filmed one not long ago too right." Replied Minjoo with her own smile. She and Ryujin talked a lot before but they both got busy lately.

 

"Oh yeah, it was fun but still kinda annoying coz I need to hide my relationship with Ryeong... those guys were a pain in the ..." mindlessly answered Ryujin a little angry with the memories of her partner in the cast who tried hard to invite her on a date. Like, dude, no is no so stop it.

 

"Well, that’s the downside of your carrier as a celebrity .." said Chaeryeong patting her girlfriend’s shoulder comfortingly... she often hears Ryujin ramble about how she loves her work but hates this side of it.

 

"Are you not mad or anxious about it..? I mean Ryujin have to show herself as a single person to be able to continue in her work for now..." asked Chaewon half genuinely and the other half was hoping they’d not talk about other things such as Hyewon... especially not Hyewon. She often thought about it too, her and Minjoo... but whatever could happen nothing would separate them. Minjoo on the other end was a little nervous once this subject was brought up, she always wondered how it’d be if she dates someone now that she was in the industry... how it’d be to date Chaewon although she aims to be a celebrity.

 

 

"Not really, I don’t need others to know about my relationship, as long as Ryujin is with me that’s all I need... but I’ll have to admit that her coworkers are kinda annoying sometimes." Replied Chaeryeong with a smile. She doesn’t get jealous that often but she knows what lines should not be crossed and that guy last time was really getting on her nerves... funnily enough, when someone is being too annoying and invasive toward Ryujin, she wasn’t the one angry, it was Ryujin herself who would get angry at them. That’s one of the reasons why she trusts Ryujin that much... she knows that no matter what, Ryujin will never leave her for one of the handsome or gorgeous coworkers she works with.

 

 

Chaewon nodded and took a bite of her waffle, Madame Shin had brought their orders and also greeted her granddaughter and granddaughter ‘in-law’ (which earned really red ears from Chaeryeong). She also proposed the couple to eat with Minjoo and Chaewon so they could talk and share breakfast together and that all happened in a blink of an eye to Chaewon. So here she is now... internally she was rethinking of how this date went wrong in the first place, they were supposed to enjoy breakfast together... but right now Chaewon was only thinking of a way to not bring Hyewon into their conversation. She loved Ryujin and Chaeryeong a lot but right now wasn’t the best time...

 

 

"Here for you sweeties~" said Madame Shin while putting two plates of hot pancakes on the table.

 

 

"Thank you grandma."

 

"Thank you Madam-"

 

"I told you to call me grandma already." Playfully scolded the older while softly pinching Chaeryeong’s cheek. 

 

 

"Yes, grandma." Shyly answered Chaeryeong while looking away a little embarrassed.

 

 

They ate and chatted a bit, it was about acting, dancing, majors, universities, friends.. wait what-

 

 

"Oh you won’t believe what my sister told me !!" Suddenly exclaimed Chaeryeong excitedly.

 

 

"What is it ?" Curiously demanded Minjoo with her big expressive eyes. It would be comic if Chaewon’s inner alarm didn’t already went off... okay, now she’s definitely dead...

 

"Well it’s about Hyewon"

 

 

At that Chaewon eyes were probably bigger than Minjoo’s which is nearly impossible but still she did. She was hoping that whatever would come out Chaeryeong’s mouth wasn’t what she thought it was but yeah... no, it was exactly what she thought it was. She had to find a way to escape this and quick... 

 

 

"Uh funny, I thought I saw her earlier by the window but I really think it’s my imagination playing tricks." Said Minjoo remembering what she saw earlier.

 

 

"Well believe me or not but she’s on a date wi-"

 

"Chaewon." Blurted Chaewon out of the blue... all eyes fell on her even Madame Shin was looking at her curiously. Why on hell would she blurt out her own name...

 

 

"I mean, Hyejoo and Chaewon, Park Chaewon. They are dating now, that’s what my classmate Haseul said." She explained a bit hesitant on her words trying hard to find something to tell... 

 

 

"Hmmm no Unnie I was talking about-"

 

 

"Oh I didn’t saw the time, Minjoo we should go now, or else we’ll be late.!" She stood up abruptly and grabbed Minjoo by the wrist, pulling her up before quickly walking out.

 

 

"Bye Chaeryeong, Ryujin and Madame Shin !!" She lastly said before rushing out the door while dragging a confused Minjoo.

 

 

Chaewon walked to her car and opened the door for Minjoo... Minjoo just sat down and waited for Chaewon to come. She wasn’t questioning it, they may really be late for what she knows... Chaewon was the one who planned it all.

 

 

On her way to her side, Chaewon opened the car’s boot to take something out from it before closing it and jogging back to the driving side.

 

 

She sat down and sighed relieved that she survived the impossible before giving what she took to the girl next to her.

 

 

"Here, this is for you." She said and gave Minjoo the second flower bouquet of the day. Minjoo looked at it curiously, she didn’t expect another bouquet from the girl but she won’t complain. She loved it.

 

 

Looking at it, it was like the other one, messy and clumsy yet it had a certain charm that Minjoo couldn’t pinpoint.

 

 

There were two roses this time, but it wasn’t the same colours as before, they were respectively orange and pale pink... there are other flowers yet again her flower culture wasn’t that good for her to recognize them. Around the flowers, she could still name that green plant that seemed to ornate the whole floral construction, ferns. It was complementing the bouquet and giving it a fuller and fascinating aspect to it... this time for sure though, this bouquet wasn’t made by accident.

 

 

 

"You didn’t choose these flowers for nothing right.?" She asked Chaewon while still admiring the bouquet.

 

"Oh, you noticed... well yeah you got it." Replied Chaewon starting the engine. She was glad Minjoo noticed it.

 

 

"The one you gave me at home too... tell me the meaning of them please." Demanded Minjoo. She was curious and excited to learn and know their meanings... especially from Chaewon.

 

"Hmmm, well... the first one is a composition with a central lavender rose. The white and slightly pink flowers with many petals are called musk clusters roses, they usually mean charming. You surely recognized the few orchids too, they have many meanings but for this one bouquet they mean beautiful lady and refinement. The really white flower is a gardenia, I used their two meanings, you’re lovely and secret love... the purple ones are crocuses, they symbolize Cheerfulness. I also used white carnations in the bouquet, they are fairly famous and have lots of meanings and all of them kinda fit the bouquet’s theme, so I used them all, they say : You’re Sweet and Lovely, symbolize Innocence and describe Pure Love." Explained Chaewon while carefully driving. 

 

 

 

"And the lavender rose ?" Asked Minjoo recalling that it was the center of the bouquet.

 

 

"This one you’ll have to wait ." Teased Chaewon  with a cheeky smile. Minjoo huffed and whined for  a while until Chaewon suddenly stopped the car.

 

"We’re here princess." She said and went out to open for Minjoo.

 

 

 

 

 

Walking hand in hand it was maybe the most memorable day for both of them. Minjoo recognized where they were as soon as they entered the park... of course it was one of her favorite place here in Fallen Woods. The big natural park was always calm, not everyone liked to go in a plant-full place when they already lived in an actual forest. It was one of the reasons why Minjoo liked it so much, it wasn’t too crowded and if it was, it was easy to find a secluded spot where peace and calm reign. It was Hyewon and Eunbi who introduced her to this place, it wasn’t famous among teenagers which explains why she never heard about it before but for their group it was a place where they’d fool around without caring disturbing anyone. As they walked toward the bridge in the middle of the park to look at the ducks peacefully floating in the small pond Chaewon made a big U- turn ...

 

‘Damn it !’ She cursed internally.

 

 

What she saw ?

 

Simple, Hyewon waiting on her favorite spot, the bench, with Eunbi coming the opposite way from them. What were the chances for their meeting spot to be this exact same park on this exact same bench just few meters away from the small bridge... Chaewon was internally crying.

 

 

Minjoo just let Chaewon drag her thinking that the girl had something planned and she was obviously oblivious about what was mere meters away from them... 

 

 

Chaewon brain once again tried to come up with a plan B for this one but well... her two brain cells didn’t seem to cooperate this time. So here they are near the kids playground that was actually deserted. Minjoo raised one eyebrow, she doesn’t have many memories here since the playground was for the kids and that the gang wouldn’t hang near here. 

 

 

"Come on, I’ll push you." Said Chaewon while pointing at the swings.

 

 

So she did, Minjoo sat down comfortably and Chaewon pushed her gently. It was nice, the wind was a little chilly but it was refreshing, the sun was hidden behind the clouds yet the sun rays still warmed her up and the supposedly noisy surrounding from all the kids was surprisingly calm and relaxing. It wasn’t the perfect conditions nor day for a date but for Minjoo it was already perfect. 

 

 

They stayed another 30 minutes, playing like how would a kid in a playground and childishly run around and even going down slides and playing hide and seek.

 

 

The way back to the car was peaceful and the usual singing of the birds made it just right, looking at where Hyewon and Eunbi were Chaewon decided to still bring Minjoo toward the bridge. There, they didn’t stayed long, just enough to look at the ducks and enjoy the unmoving small lake while chitchatting lightly.

 

 

"Remember when I brought you here for the first time ?" Asked Chaewon.

 

"Yeah... it wasn’t that long after I moved here. You said you wanted to show me something you found and showed me some duck eggs about to hatch... I witnessed the birth of 5 ducklings for the first time of my life with you." Laughed Minjoo... she never thought she’d witness ducks hatching before but she did...

 

 

"Yeah... actually it was kinda gross to watch eggs hatching." Revealed Chaewon with a scowl at the memory.

 

"Kinda yeah... but why did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter