You and Me in love (Epilogue part.2)

You and Me in a bathroom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaewon didn’t know how annoying it was... wait no she knew oh too well how annoying it was, it was similar to what she had experienced years before although this time it’s a bit different. It was like when Minjoo and her just got out Yena’s bathroom and when Chaewon had the need to get some sleep and her phone rang. Right now, once again, her phone rang painfully loudly that it disturbed the perfect atmosphere of this quiet room. 

 

This small nap was probably the only one she had in months because she had been so busy with her work, not to mention that she was sharing this small moment of peacefulness with her lover... like so many times in the past, she wanted that evil device to burn in hell... or at least the one who called her.

 

 

Opening her eyes she was met by the still sleeping Minjoo, their legs were tangled with each other and Minjoo had her head resting comfortably on Chaewon’s chest... when the source of the noise finally stopped producing sound she was about to go back to dreamland, enveloped in the warmth that Minjoo’s body provided next to her... unfortunately, either the phone wanted to end its own life or either the caller knew that calling her right now was a good way to get a free pass to hell, the phone chimed once again in this painfully familiar ringtone that made Chaewon’s growing headache suddenly more present. She grabbed her phone that was on the night stand next to her and answered the call furiously.

 

 

"I’m in holidays for freaking sake ! If it’s not an emergency please call me later !" Chaewon whisper-yelled to whoever was on the other side of the line with her eyes still closed... Minjoo seemed to have finally sensed the perturbations and tightened her arms around Chaewon while snuggling closer to her.

 

 

-Yo chill, Tell me I’m not interrupting your bedroom time with Minjoo.

 

Replied the voice, she recognized it as the apartment owner who she suddenly had the urge to strangle, so much that she let the teasing pass and Chaewon was already planning a way to murder her friend...

 

 

"You didn’t... however you did ruin my nap. What is it.? If it’s not important call me later before it’s too late to save your life." Chaewon half groggily and half frustratedly said.

 

 

-Just wanted to check on you and how is it going with my apartment. Also I have important news for you... like really. 

 

 

Hyewon had told her happily at first before it turned to her very serious and professional tone. This made Chaewon slightly wake up from her still dazed state... 

 

 

"The apartment is just fine. Now tell me what’s wrong." Chaewon asked, her own voice also switching to a professional one.

 

 

-Hmmm actually there’s Joohyun next to me but she’s making calls right now so I’ll have to tell you the news myself. The president is going to make an announcement concerning the COVID-19 issue going on right now. There are words about a lockdown, but we, as doctors, our situations would surely be different especially for you since your field of expertise isn’t really required in this situation. 

 

 

Hyewon explained, her voice was the usual monotonous one she would use with her patients or back then in school when she would talk with other classmates and teachers. 

 

The news made Chaewon jolt up... that’s right what is she going to do if something like this happened. She’s still a doctor in Fallen Woods Hospital (FWH) as far as she knows, so she could be asked to help during the lockdown if there is one happening .

 

"Well, technically since I’m also affiliated with FHW I could still help you out like last time when the hospital was understaffed. But at the same time I’m still in the city right now so they could call me to go to one of their bigger hospitals here too." Chaewon replied, her waking up state made it hard for her to think efficiently.

 

 

-That’s what Joohyun is worried about. Some of us are called to go to the capital right now which is why we have the informations before everyone else, Fallen Woods is a small town that probably won’t be too much affected considering that the population is very small. 

 

 

Hyewon continued, this wasn’t good news. For sure, if the situation is as bad as they say then not only Hyewon and Joohyun would be highly exposed to the virus but herself could be called to help with the current crisis. She was a doctor after all, she spent time studying during her medical studies and even came out as top of her major, so it was highly possible that she’ll be asked to help out.

 

 

"What about you.? Are you going to another hospital.?" She asked Hyewon worriedly. 

 

 

-Actually, our team is being sent to the hospital we visited last week... 

 

 

This time it was Joohyun who spoke up. If the team is coming here ... This meant that Hyewon and Joohyun are coming here... but Chaewon is also part of her team... does it mean.

 

 

-Me and Hyewon are booking the next trains to the city, the others are going there by car I just confirmed with them... for you I don’t know yet. You’ll have to come with us tomorrow to discuss with the hospital’s teams first.

 

 

Joohyun informed her... so there were still possibilities of her not being involved with the whole virus thingy, not that she didn’t want help to but it wasn’t her field of expertise as well as this situation is already a little stressful to begin with. She was also supposed to be on a leave from work.

 

 

 

“I see, I’ll see you both tomorrow then. Be safe." Chaewon said, her head was throbbing due to this impromptu information. 

 

 

-You too... 

 

 

She heard her two friends say through her phone, Before it went silent as they just hang up. Thinking of it... This will be stress inducing for both Seulgi and Eunbi as well now. Not only their partners are both staying in the hospital to deal with the virus but they both are transferred far away to help bigger hospitals in a bigger city meaning higher chances to be exposed to the virus.

 

 

 

 

Rubbing her eyes she opened them and thought of her options now... she was a psychiatrist so her chances to be affected to one of the hospitals here was low right... but at the same time she wanted to help Joohyun and Hyewon to deal with the emergency ...

 

 

Chaewon rubbed her temples with her fingers because of the sudden problem thrown at her when she just woke up. 

 

Looking at the clock she realized it was getting late, trying her best not to wake up the sleeping beauty next to her, she stood up and went to take a shower. She spent most of the day driving from Fallen Woods to Seoul so freshening up was very welcomed at the moment.

 

 

Once she was out of the bathroom, a towel around her shoulders with her semi-wet hair, she smiled at the sight of Minjoo sprawled all over the normally 2 person sized bed... but it seemed like the bed was just big enough to fit one Minjoo with how much space she was taking right now. Common occurrence for Chaewon now, when Minjoo sleeps alone she tends to just take all the place available on the bed. Few times, when she’s sleeping over at Chaewon’s, Minjoo would hug her pillows instead of her... but that only happens when she’s sleeping over at Chaewon’s place back in Fallen Woods. 

 

She once asked Minjoo why she does that... 

 

 

———— (flashback)

 

 

 

It was their 6 months as a couple. The two girls were however super busy with work. Chaewon was still trying her best in med school which was hard but she had asked Hyewon for some tips on how to survive her last year. 

 

As for Minjoo, she was invited at many events recently, such as the fashion week, few music awards and some variety shows. It was tiring but it was what she loved doing so she was happy ... one thing however she wasn’t fond of was that she didn’t have enough time with Chaewon.

 

 

Chaewon on her side was just dying under piles of papers, books, notes and assignments. She was supposedly in holidays now but with the amount of work that were given and papers to submit as soon as they restart classes she couldn’t find time to rest... Heck she wouldn’t even call this holidays.

 

 

 

 

 

Minjoo was fully aware of how much work and pressure her girlfriend was under at the moment but she couldn’t do anything to help... she wasn’t even in town. She was on one of these emissions were she’ll be interviewed about her most recent song in collaboration with Kriesha Chu. 

 

 

"Hey, what’s up. Why are you so tensed, this isn’t the first interview we’re doing." Asked Kriesha next to her.

 

 

"I know but I miss Chaewon... I mean it’s our sixth month anniversary today as a couple but we haven’t seen each other that much since we started dating... I don’t feel like it’s been 6 months." Minjoo explained to her friend not loud enough for others to hear what she said.

 

"Ah, well... maybe you could go to her tonight after this, I mean we are done with the promotions and the next schedule is in a long time. If you want to spend your 6 month anniversary with her you should go back tonight. I’ll even tell your manager you’re in a rush because one of your relative is at the hospital back in Fallen Creek or something." Kriesha suggested with a smile... it was a good idea but she couldn’t afford being caught by her manager.

 

 

"But what if my manager catches me... I’d be doomed." Minjoo mumbled 

 

 

"I’ll make sure she doesn’t, you have my words." Kriesha smirked at Minjoo with a fling of mischief in her eyes... sometimes Minjoo wonders if she isn’t an actress too.

 

 

The interview was going awfully slowly, it was late already yet they still were asking a bunch of questions and at this rate she won’t be able to catch a train to go back to Fallen Creek.

 

 

"Minjoo-shi, we heard that you were the one choosing a choreographer for this song." The MC said but Minjoo was lost in her thoughts, luckily Kriesha saved her.... again.

 

 

"Yes, the choreographer is one of her friends actually, Lee Chaeyeon. You may have heard of her before, she’s the prodigy child. She have a dance studio now and we all together worked on this choreography." Kriesha explained while pinching Minjoo’s thigh to bring her back to the interview.

 

 

"Oh Minjoo is friend with Lee Chaeyeon .? Since when.?" Another MC exclaimed with curiosity.

 

 

"I know her since high school, we were in the same group of friends so we immediately clicked together I guess... she was the one who helped me with my dancing before and she taught me a lot. As well as my other friends to be honest, I often wonder how they didn’t become idols or actresses... so when I was given the chance to choreograph my song this time, I immediately suggested for Chaeyeon to help me with it.... my company agreed and so that’s how we both worked together with Chaeyeon." Minjoo said with a smile, she won’t be tired of praising her friends.

 

 

"Two months ago the shooting of the now airing drama finished. You seem very close with the male protagonist, what do you think of him.?" They asked this time. Minjoo frowned internally, she knew where these questions were leading to and she wasn’t in the mood to deal with this.

 

 

"Oh yeah, he’s very nice and he also taught me a lot during the shooting since he was more experienced than me... I respect him a lot for his work and it was a pleasure to work with him." Minjoo answered with her sweet voice yet inside she just wanted to sigh... 

 

 

 

"Not long ago he said during an interview that he wanted to be closer to you... anything happened after he said that..? Have you seen him recently?" They continued to pry on like bunch of starving hyenas.

 

 

"I haven’t seen him since the drama was first aired when we held that conference with the rest of the crew. I don’t mind getting closer to him, he seems like a nice person and someone who could teach me a lot of things about acting. I think he would be a great friend." And yeah... Minjoo just friend zoned someone in live.

 

 

The look on the MC’s face almost made Kriesha laugh out loud, they weren’t expecting Minjoo to friend zone someone so bluntly... they quickly regained their composure though and went on with their scripts...

 

 

 

After the interview ended Kriesha laughed and slapped Minjoo’s arm in her laughing fit... "damn you’re savage when you want, poor guy got friendzone in live... pretty sure it’ll trend worldwide." Kriesha said while trying to breathe 

 

 

"I should hurry if I want to catch a train..." was the only thing Minjoo said while taking her stuff. She has to take her stuffs in the hotel room she’s staying at but at the same time she shouldn’t lose time...

 

 

"Kriesha, tell my manager to bring my stuffs from my hotel room with her when she’ll go back to Fallen Creek, imma go without them." Minjoo hurriedly said while making a bee line to the door.

 

 

Kriesha nodded while sending her a flying kiss as a good bye.... 

 

 

 

 

She was lucky, there was a train available but of course... was there even one time where trains were here on time... never. (Chaewon would have disagreed saying that Hyewon’s did came on time when she was hoping it wouldn’t) 

 

 

It was getting very late, not only that but she did skip dinner to take that train... her phone buzzed in her hand and she looked at it in hope it wasn’t her manager.

 

 

Manager - yah you could have told me before you go !

 

Manager - I’m going back tomorrow with you stuffs.

 

Manager - Kriesha told me you were totally wrecked by the news are you ok ? She was crying so much I thought she was talking about her own relative and not yours. 

 

Minjoo rolled her eyes... so that was what Kriesha meant by you won’t be in trouble... 

 

Minjoo - Yes I am, I’m sorry for going so suddenly but I was just super worried.

 

Minjoo - I’ll see you tomorrow at the company then.

 

Manager - okay, take care and be careful.

 

Minjoo - I will

 

 

 

 

 

Closing her phone Minjoo sigh... she didn’t like lying but she was missing her girlfriend too much. Looking outside the train’s window the scenery was slowly getting more and more familiar, not the high skyscrapers towering over the city but the plain countryside where she could feel her lungs breathing fresh new air and the uncovered sky that made the stars shine even brighter... if you asked Minjoo, her home was always there... where her heart belonged.

 

 

Minjoo fell asleep with the comforting and regular thud of the train’s rail with a smile adorning her pretty face as her last thought involved a very pretty fairy that she missed a lot.

 

 

xxxx

 

 

Chaewon woke up frowning, she had fallen asleep on her desk and her neck and back were hurting ... 

 

 

*ding dong* 

 

Right, the reason why she woke up in first place was that evil doorbell.... looking at the clock on her desk she frowned... 

 

 

It was 2 am, who could be at her door at such an late hour.

 

 

Groggily standing up she stretched a little, the soreness of her back and neck only making her groan in pain... 

 

 

She was about to go in the living room when she heard the door bell ring again... she was tempted to just go back to sleep but at the same time she wanted to scare the out of the person disturbing her so late.... 

 

 

 

She walked to her front door and didn’t even took the time to look who it is before opening the door and glare at whoever was behind the door.... only to get tackled down in a hug... okay maybe it was a serial killer and she was going to die... why didn’t she think of that earlier.

 

 

But then the familiar and comforting scent of jasmine that she likes so much filled her nose... wait what..?

 

 

"Minjoo?" 

 

 

Here in her arms was her lovely and cute girlfriend who she missed very much even though her mind was busy studying... her heart always longed for her girlfriend’s presence. 

 

 

Minjoo didn’t say a thing, her arms around Chaewon, she wasn’t going to break the hug anytime soon. 

 

Chaewon patted her girlfriend’s back with one hand while the other was just tightening the embrace... her mind and brain were still very much confused on what was happening but she figured that if it’s Minjoo she could just follow her heart. 

 

 

However feeling her girlfriend starting to tremble and her shoulder getting wet she got very worried. Minjoo was crying. 

 

 

"Hey, hey why are you crying babe.?" Chaewon asked, loosening the hug so she could look at Minjoo’s face. 

 

 

"I-i... I’m s-sorry t-to c-come *snif* s-so *snif* l-late " Minjoo barely could form her sentence, her words drowned in between loud sniffs and her eyes squinted with tears flowing endlessly.

 

 

"No no no, don’t cry. Come in first." Chaewon was going to console her girlfriend and reassure her that it was fine but then she realized that they both were standing awkwardly at her doorstep and she knew from experience that the walls were as thin as paper here... she didn’t want all her neighbours to know about her relationship...

 

 

 

Pulling Minjoo inside and kicking the door close, she brought the still crying girl to the sofa and waited for her to calm down a bit while still trying to find a way to make her stop crying.

 

"It’s ok Princess ... everything is ok." Chaewon said softly while drawing small warm circles on her girlfriend’s back.

 

 

 

"B-but it’s late a-and you’re b-busy." Minjoo said guilt dripping from her voice.

 

 

Minjoo actually arrived at 1 am but she debated whether or not to disturb her girlfriend this late knowing how busy the girl is... she thought about going to Wonyoung and Yujin’s shared apartment that was pretty close but realized that they both were also busy and she’d probably only bother them... 

 

She also could have gone to her own apartment which was a bit far away from here but still close enough but she realized she forgot her apartment keys at her hotel room back at the capital....

 

 

"No, don’t worry... I actually fell asleep on my desk so it’s a good thing you woke me up. Otherwise I would have terrible back and neck pain." Chaewon reassured genuinely... her anger suddenly fading away. She wasn’t going to tell Minjoo that she at first wanted to kill whoever was behind her door.

 

 

"R-really." Minjoo looked up, her puffy eyes still tearful and pouting slightly... a little hiccup... it was too cute to be true.

 

 

"Yeah, now come here. I want another hug." Chaewon smiled while opening her arms for Minjoo to come... and she did. Minjoo literally went jumping on Chaewon, both falling on the couch and laughing lightly.

 

 

They didn’t speak, no words needed to share how much they missed each other and how happy they were to finally see each other again.

 

 

However Minjoo’s stomach wasn’t sharing the same happiness and grumbled loudly, breaking the comforting quietness of the silent night.

 

 

Chaewon’s wholehearted laugh was the other sound that replaced the silence... but then as ironic as it could be Chaewon’s own stomach complained.

 

 

"Looks like we’re having a very late dinner." Chaewon sheepishly said and Minjoo looked at her as if she owned the whole universe. And Chaewon might as well own the universe... she was Minjoo’s whole universe after all.

 

 

 

Chaewon’s cooking was something Minjoo would never get tired of. 

 

 

"Itch delichious " Minjoo said with full and her ever so expressive eyes. 

 

Chaewon would have scolded her but, first of all it’s Minjoo, and whatever she does is cute and second of all it’s Minjoo... Chaewon is that whipped for her.

 

"I wonder how you can live by yourself ... " Chaewon sighed... her poor girlfriend’s cooking skills were quite questionable to say the least.

 

 

"I mean, I can live by only eating salads everyday if I have to... but your cooking is the best !" Minjoo replied, she wasn’t a picky eater and could content herself with only salads but her love for meat sometimes made her crave some. 

 

 

 

"Anyway... mind telling me how in the world you came here at 2am." Chaewon asked still confused about the whole situation.

 

 

"Ah uhhh... well, I just missed you a lot and Kriesha suggested I take a train to see you since I have no future schedules for quite some time... I arrived at 1am but I wasn’t sure if I should come here since I know you’re busy... I didn’t want to disturb your sleep." Minjoo explained.

 

 

"You should have come here as soon as you arrived... 1 am is late you know, something could have happened to you and I wouldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter