019

Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun tries to calm himself while waiting for the doctor to come out of the emergency room with Hajun still sleeping soundly on his lap. His hands trembling and everytime he recalls how bad his wife was crying, he couldn’t stop blaming himself for being too overwhelmed with his workloads from the company. He should’ve known that Sarang’s mood swings and weird cravings in the middle of the night are because she’s already pregnant.

“Daddy…”

Hajun whispers on Sehun’s chest, looking up at his father with his eyes half open as Sehun hums, looking down on his son with a soft smile on his face,

“Where are we?”

“We’re in the hospital, buddy.”

“Why? Where’s mommy?”

Sehun purses his lips, forcing a smile on his face, he caresses his son’s cheek,

“Mommy’s inside. The doctor’s checking up on mommy.”

“Why? Is mommy sick, daddy?”

Sehun didn’t know how should he answers to his son’s question that he could only smiles, caressing Hajun’s hair as he sighs,

“Is mommy going to be okay?”

Hajun’s voice shaky and Sehun could see his eyes teary,

“Mommy’s going to be okay and you—“

Sehun stops talking when he saw the emergency room slides open, revealing a doctor and a few nurses, making him stands up straight with Hajun in his arms, his heart beating so fast as he approaches the paramedics,

“Your wife and your baby are both fine but your wife needs to be extra careful from now on because the hold on the baby is no longer as strong as before due to the impact from the fall. If possible, only urges her to rest and to not do anything that could harm both her and the baby.”

Sehun heaves a relieves sighs, smiling faintly towards the doctor who then pats his shoulder,

“You two must’ve not realize that Mrs. Oh is already pregnant, isn’t it? She keeps on saying sorry before we proceed to calm her down.”

“She doesn’t have morning sickness at all.”

The doctor chuckles hearing Sehun’s words,

“It’s like that sometimes. Some women experience morning sickness but some didn’t. Don’t worry too much Mr. Oh, your wife and your baby are both healthy but remember what I said before, she needs to be extra careful. Your wife’s asleep because she keeps on crying so we had to calm her down by making her sleep. We’ll monitor both your wife and your baby’s condition once she’s awake and if everything’s fine, she can be discharged.”

Sehun nods as the doctor then pinches Hajun’s cheek as the little guy leans his head on his father’s shoulder,

“Congratulations, Mr. Oh, your wife’s 4 weeks pregnant and you little one going to become a brother.”

Sehun let out a chuckle as he then bows and thanked the doctor before he moves to settle his wife’s registration process moving towards her room.

“Daddy, is it true that I’m going to become a brother?”

Hajun cutely asks while he eats the apple that Mina and Mrs. Oh brought that morning. Sehun immediately informed both his mother and in-law right after they moved Sarang up into the VIP room which Mr. Yoon and Jihoon dropped by at 7 in the morning and they excused themselves to get their breakfast first since Sarang’s still fast asleep.

Sehun caresses his son’s hair as he smiles,

“Yes, buddy. You’re going to become a big brother.”

“Where’s my sibling then, daddy?”

Mrs. Oh who’s caressing Sarang’s hair laughs upon hearing her grandson’s cute question.

“Your sibling’s still inside mommy’s tummy.”

“When will my sibling comes out?”

Mina who’s eating her breakfast couldn’t help but let out a small laughter as she watches both her brother and his son’s having a conversation about Sarang’s pregnancy.

“Your sibling will come out in another few months.”

Hajun grins and stands up, putting his apple down before he starts jumping around the huge room,

“I’m going to have a friend! Thank you, daddy!”

Everyone chuckles as they watch Hajun peppering kisses on Sehun’s cheek and that’s when Sarang squinted her eyes open, making Mrs. Oh’s eyes widen seeing her daughter-in-law’s finally awake.

“Sehun! Sarang’s awake!”

Sehun stands up with Hajun already running towards his mother’s bed with his mouth loud calling out for her as Mrs. Oh shakes her head and moves to sit with Mina on the couch, leaving the little family alone.

“Sehun.. Baby..”

Sarang whispers, her eyes teary once she saw Sehun taking the seat beside her bed with Hajun on his lap as he takes her hand in his, kissing her knuckles,

“Our baby’s fine. Our baby’s still here, already 4 weeks inside here, Love.”

Sehun’s other hand moves to gently caress Sarang’s belly, making Sarang smiles in between her cries,

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t know…”

“It’s fine, it’s okay, baby. It’s not your fault. I should’ve paid more attention towards you when your first start having cravings and so on. But I was too busy, I’m sorry, Love.”

Sarang shakes her head,

“No, it’s not your fault, oppa.”

“Mommy, don’t cry..”

Hajun’s little fingers move to gently wipe his mother’s tears, making Sarang chuckles,

“I’ll get a helper and I’ll work from home from now on. I’ll carry you up and down the stairs, I’ll clean the house, I’ll take care of Hajun, you don’t have to do anything.”

“No, it’s fine, Sehun—“

“No, Love, it’s not fine. I don’t want the same thing to happen again so I’ll take a better care of you, Love. Please, can you let me do that for you?”

Sarang pouts, nodding her head in defeat knowing that she doesn’t want to experience the same thing again too. She remembers feeling like her world comes crashing down on her the moment she saw the blood flowing down her thighs and the thought of losing her baby, their baby makes her go crazy.

“You don’t have to hire a helper, I’ll take care of my daughter-in-law.”

Mrs. Oh said, walking towards Sarang’s bed again with a huge smile on his face,

“I’ve never done anything good for you, Sarang.”

Sara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter