Way Back Home

Flower Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Byul woke up surprised that it was warm and that she was hugging something. It had never been this warm before. She opened her eyes and realised her face was buried deep in the crook of someone’s shoulder. She drew her face slowly from the tangle of hair beside her and carefully untangled herself from the mess. The body shifted slightly and a familiar soft whine was heard. Byul slapped her hand to . Oh , last night. , , . One part of her wanted to scramble out of bed, wash up and pretend nothing happened yesterday. A stranger totally did not sleep with her and they were totally not cuddling, but a voice in her head whispered for her to cherish this. Byul leaned against the wall, taking a quick break to calm down before deciding to stop everything and just observe.

 

 Yongsun was curled up like a cat, the blankets splayed around her since Byul shifted out of the way. Her hair was everywhere but Byul thought it was beautiful. Yongsun looked beautiful. The gentle morning sun lit her face, emphasizing her round cheeks. It was really cute, Byul wanted to Yongsun’s cheek, play with her hair but she knew this might startle the other girl. A stranger playing with your hair? It’s just weird.

 

 Byul wrapped the blanket around Yongsun and carefully got out of the bed. She threw a quick glance at the clock she had on her table. 8.30 am, the digital clock displayed. That’s early. Byul surprised herself for waking up that early. Winter was the time she hibernated, always waking up at about 10 or when the Itzy girls barge in and forcefully drag her out. Byul went to the toilet to wash up but clumsily spilled water on her sweater. 

 

 “You’re an idiot,” Byul mumbled, desperately taking tissue and trying to clean up the mess but it was too obvious and the water was cold. She took off her sweater and sighed. In winter, she only wore her sweater, running shorts and just a bra, now she had to go to her room, with a stranger in her bed who might wake up anything and see her being indecent. Byul mumbled a short prayer and opened the door.

 

 Yongsun was up, frantically tidying the bed. She jumped like a startled rabbit and her eyes widened at Byul, equally as shocked as the purple-haired girl. They stared at each other for a moment before Byul broke the silence, “I’m gonna get a sweater, I’ll be back.”

 

 Byul scrambled to her closet, trying to not bump anything to create even more chaos. She could feel Yongsun’s eyes boring into the back of her head. She fished out a spare woollen sweater given to her by Hana and bolted back into the toilet. She put on the sweater and sighed, hitting her fist against her thighs.

 

 “You stupid fool. Made yourself look like a bimbo in front of the guest.” She growled at her reflection. No point crying over spilt milk. Byul deposited her wet sweater into the laundry bag and went back out. Yongsun was fixing her hair, the sleeves of the sweater were too long, bunching up at her shoulders when she lifted her arms to tie her hair. Byul completely forgot about the length of the sweater, Yongsun’s action caused the sweater to raise up, giving Byul a glimpse of her toned abs. Byul swallowed and crept to her closet, picking out clothing for Yongsun to change into. Since the girl might go home that morning, Byul wanted to send her off with decent clothes. She chose a long-sleeved shirt with a cute bunny print, a pair of jeans that were not ripped, underwear and a bra which she neglected to give the previous night. Byul crossed her fingers hoping that the older girl shared the same cup size or else it would be extremely awkward. She peeked out and saw Yongsun staring at her. The two immediately dropped their glance and Byul cleared .

 

 “I’ve got your new clothes here. You can use the toilet.”

 

 Yongsun smiled and took the clothes. Their hands brushed for the briefest of moments and Byul felt like an electric pulse just made its way down her body. Yongsun shut the door and Byul started tidying up the room. Yongsun did a great job at the bed, the blankets were folded and placed at the foot of the bed, the pillows fluffed up and the small hamster doll Byul kept on her bed for personal reasons tucked nicely in its corner. Byul smiled slightly as she shoved the pull out back under her bed, returning the spare pillow to her closet when she heard the toilet door open.

 

 “Oh, are you done?” She turned and saw Yongsun and words could not describe how Byul felt. The older girl looked so gorgeous Byul was just silent from surprise. The jeans hugged Yongsun’s curves and Byul would be beaten with a bible by Dahyun for her thoughts. 

 

 “Y-You look… Really good.” Byul stammered. Great, rookie mistake. Stammering when you’re the girl crush, the flirt. Great job, Moonbyul, you played yourself. Yongsun beamed and Byul felt her soul ascend. She looked so adorable. Yongsun handed the sweater and shorts back to Byul.

 

 “Thank you for the clothes. I promise I’ll return them to you the next time we meet.”

 

 “You can keep them if you want to,” Byul teased, tossing the clothes into the laundry bag and opened the door, earning a punch on the arm. “Yah!”

 

 Yongsun smirked and Byul rolled her eyes. They tip-toed into the living room, Byul relieved that the Itzy girls weren’t awake yet. It gave her some time to make them a nice breakfast which they have been complaining about the lack of it.

 

 “Can I borrow your phone? I’m going to call the locksmith.” Yongsun said, tucking herself nicely on the couch. Byul fished around her sweater pocket and handed her phone to Yongsun.

 

 “I’ll make breakfast. You want anything?” Byul asked, setting up the table. She opened the refrigerator and picked out a few eggs. Omelets were Byul’s specietly and luckily for her, Ryujin loved omelets and the other girls were fine with it. All that was left was Yongsun’s approval for an omelet. 

 

 “Anything is okay,” Yongsun replied, phone by her ear, her face furrowed with concentration. Byul turned away but couldn’t keep a smile from curling h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter