Bad Girls

Flower Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 The next few hours after Yongsun left was chaotic for Byul. Her housemates returned in throngs, bearing gifts and a lot of luggage. Hana unnie had to go to the hospital to settle the bills after Sana was admitted for getting a concussion while ice skating with Dahyun. Yuna was very fussy and wanted a nap but Ryujin bullied her to play. Byul had to settle the fight, put Ryujin on temporary time out and put Yuna down for her nap. The nice thing was that Seulgi broke Ryujin out of time out and when Byul returned, the two of them were engrossed playing Pokemon on the Nintendo Switch. Irene looked embarrassed and apologised to Byul for her soulmate undermining her authority but Byul waved it off, knowing how Ryujin was really a good girl, she just wanted someone to play with her. Chaeryeong was playing with the new cat doll Mina got for her, Yeji and Lia were playing Minecraft on the playstation.

 

 “Byulie unnie, how was your holiday?” Bora called from the living room. She and her soulmate Siyeon were curled up on the sofa cuddling, watching Byul curiously. Byul placed the grocery Hana unnie bought into the refrigerator, not looking at them. Byul couldn’t stop picturing Yongsun in her head, her chubby cheeks, her petite size… Byul had to mentally slap herself before her thoughts went too deep, she straightened up and looked at the two of them.

 

 “It was great. The kids and I had a lot of fun.”

 

 Bora’s eyes sparkled mischievously. “ Did you meet anyone?”

 

 Byul feigned innocence. “What do you mean?”

 

 “Come on you lesbian, did you see any cute girls that could be your soulmate?”

 

 Byul kept a straight face. “No.”

 

 “Some girl stayed over yesterday.” Ryujin said loudly, her head buried in her game controller. Byul turned red.

 

 “Ryujin! What did I tell you?”

 

 “Not to tell Umma. They aren’t umma,” Ryujin replied nonchalantly. Byul facepalmed.

 

 “You’re lucky I haven’t killed you right there and then,” Byul hissed but couldn’t stop herself from blushing.

 

 “Who’s the lucky girl, unnie?” Chaeyeong asked, helping Mina carry the gifts they brought back from Tokyo.

 

 “Someone who got locked out of her house. It was cold last night, I let her in so she wouldn’t freeze to death.” Byul closed the refrigerator door.

 

 “Someone that got locked out? She’s in this neighbourhood?” Chorong asked, tugging Bomi’s coat. “Bom ah! How on earth did you get stuck?”

 

 “How would I know?” Bomi wailed, her arm flapping as she tried to remove her coat.

 

 “Yea she is. She lived near the mouth of the road. The house with a giant puppy sticker…” Byul slapped with her hand. . She forgot Wheein and Hyejin were here. Wheein’s eyes widened and she tilted her head.

 

 “A house with a giant puppy sticker? Sounds like my house.”

 

 “N-no. There was a puppy sticker on the mailbox.” Byul hurriedly corrected herself. Hyejin raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything.

 

 “So,” Jennie began, absentmindedly fiddling with Jisoo’s hair. “You slept with her?”

 

 Byul’s jaw dropped. “What? No! She slept on the mattress Hana unnie put under our beds.”

 

 “It would be cute if you were cuddling,” Mina said softly.

 

 “I just met her. It would be so weird that I cuddled a stranger,” Byul scoffed but she knew otherwise. Yongsun slept on her bed and they cuddled. She hoped Yongsun would keep mum about this, she didn’t want her housemates teasing her for days.

 

 Byul heard the car engine purr outside and knew her Hana unnie returned, with Dahyun and Sana in tow. Hana pulled off her shoes and shook her snow covered hair, yellow cherry blossoms that dot her crown quivered under the light.

 

 “Umma is back!” The girls yelled and scrambled to the door.

 

 “How are my kids? I miss you so much!” Hana squealed as she embraced her children. “Were you good? Did you cause Byulie unnie trouble?”

 

 “Umma, it was fun! How was halabeoji (grandfather)? Was he sad that we couldn’t come?” Yeji asked.

 

 “Yes, he was really sad but he prioritized your health over this trip. He asked me to bring you goodies and we can go to my room to take it okay?” Hana said, heaving to carry Chaeryeong and kissed her cheek. “I know how much to love this.”

 

 Chaeryeong giggled and Hana turned her attention to her housemates. “How are my lesbians?”

 

 Everyone burst into laughter and started sharing their stories.

 

 “Jeju island was really pretty, the view at night was amazing,” Seulgi gushed, placing bags of food on the table. “We got you guys Jeju kimchi!”

 

 “It was fun until Sana unnie fell and got a concussion.” Dahyun said, her flower crown glowing as Sana shot her a dirty look. “What? It’s true! We spent half a day at the hospital!”

 

 Byul knew that Sana and Dahyun shared a telepathic bond, quite rare but Byul thought it was unique. The down side was that your soulmate could hear everything you think and Byul didn’t want her soulmate to be hearing her dirty thoughts.

 

 “Byulie yah, how was your holiday? Were the girls good?” Hana asked. 

 

 “Byulie unnie has a girrll,” Bora teased. Byul glared at her.

 

 “I don’t have a girl. She was locked out of her house. I didn’t want her to freeze to death outside,” Byul retorted. “And Yuna is down for a nap.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter