Knock Knock

Flower Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Soulmate

 

TOP DEFINITION

 

It's like a best friend, but more. It's the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It's someone who makes you a better person, well, actually they don't make you a better person...you do that yourself because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you, and accepted you, and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens..you'll always love them.


 

The computer screen glowed brightly as a pale thin hand reached out for the can of peach tea lying on the table. Moon Byul Yi took a swig and stared blankly at the results thrown at her. Soulmates  Byul scribbled on a crumpled piece of paper covered in math equations for some unknown reason. She sighed and crushed it, throwing the paper ball behind without a care if it landed in the hamster dustbin.

 

Life without knowing your soulmate . It wouldn’t be that bad unless you’re living with eight other people who have found their soulmate and another five who have not come to age for the soulmate thing to work. Byul closed the tab and switched off her computer. Staring at the definition of soulmate for a long time should be unhealthy but the baseball ace didn’t care. She wanted to experience what the others were experiencing, the joy being with the one you are destined to be with. Byul stretched like a lazy cat, feeling her bones pop back into place after being curled up in a weird position for a long time and padded out of her room.

 

The hallway was colder than what Byul expected. Maybe it was because she spent so long in her warm room under the duvets that she underestimated Korea’s winter. Byul shivered as she scampered to the kitchen, opening up the cupboards to see if there was any microwavable food she could heat up. The plan was to forage for food and return back to her room when Byul saw the note left on the fridge door.

 

Remember to eat kiddos! ~Unnie

 

There are other kids too. Bul mentally slapped herself. “Manage to forget the Itzy huh,” Byul mumbled and fished out microwavable pizza. Unnie would have her freaking head but whoops, she’s out of town and she put the hamster in charge. Byul shoved the pizza into the oven and turned the knob a little too much.

 

“Kiddos! I’m making pizza. We’re eating soon.” Byul called, lumbering to the living room where the kids were (hopefully). The Itzy kids were sprawled all over the living room. The older two, Yeji and Lia, were on the floor, scribbling math sums onto their workbooks. Chaeryeong was playing with her doll, Ryujin was lying upside down, jerking as she played games on her phone and the baby Yuna was staring comatose at the phone as she watched Minecraft videos. “You all have been good?”

“Mmm,” came the indifferent reply as the younger girls returned their attention to what they were doing. Byul flopped onto the sofa, ignoring Ryujin’s grumbles and opened up Instagram… A really bad de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter