Introduction To The Crew

Flower Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Characters

 

Main

 

 Name: Moon Byul Yi

 

 Aka: Byul, Moonbyul, Byulie, Hamster

 

 Age:22

 

 Byul is a student of Seoul International University. Byul is the baseball star and the captain of the senior team, her skills helped her qualify into the Youth Olympics. She even has a large fan following of girls and boys alike who follow her matches religiously and act a bit like sasaengs.

 

 However, Byul is tragically one of the girls in her dorm to not have found her soulmate. She searches daily, even contemplates asking her housemate and unnie, Hana to set her up on a blind date but she wanted the experience to be authentic. 

 

 Byul’s parents died in a horrific car crash just before Byul’s high school graduation ceremony, leaving her and her two younger sisters alone. A rich aunt offered to take in the two younger girls but this required them to leave Korea and stay in the States. Byul was already accepted into the prestigious Seoul University thanks to her grades and talent in baseball, she had to deny the opportunity to follow her sisters and start a new life. Knowing that Byul was going to be homeless, her sunbaenim and childhood friend, Hana offered to take her in, since she and Byul had known each other for a long time.     

 

 Many people idolise Byul, her good looks sometimes cause girls sometimes develop a crush on her. She is known as the ‘Girl Crush’, girls envy to look like her. However, she is actually really shy when meeting new people, mostly keeping to herself or hanging out with her friends and Hana. She is an actual baby, a little hamster when eating food, aggressively stuffing food into . Byul loves children, often seen taking care of Hana unnine’s five daughters. 

 

~

 

 Name: Kim Yongsun

 

 AKA: Solar, Yong, Squirtle, Sun, Yongmum

 

 Age:23

 

 Kim Yongsun, also known as Solar, is a senior at Seoul International University. She is the president of the pole dancing club and has spent half of her life telling people that pole dancing isn't only done by strippers and no, they are not training to be strippers even though the club’s name is Pole Dancing Club. 

 

 Yongsun is sweet, sassy and at times, crazy. She earned her nickname 'Squirtle' since she looks a lot like Squirtle. She takes care of Wheein, hence the ‘Yongmum’ nickname.

 

 Yongsun moved out of her parents’ house when she was accepted into Seoul University. Her family’s house was quite far from the university and her sunbaenim and neighbour Eric offered to board Yongsun. Being two years older than her, Eric graduated after her first year and left to work in a famous music producing company. He left Yongsun the house, making her promise him that she would take in a fellow junior in need of a home. She invited Wheein, her junior and student whom she tutored. She goes back to her family during the weekends and every night she pays a video call to her older sister Yonghee who’s in Gangnam working. 

 

~

 

 Name: Jung Wheein

 

 AKA: Wheepup, Wheeinie, Jindo Dog, Decal, Jung Wheerun

 

 Age:20

 

 Jung Wheein is a student of the Seoul International University. She is a member of the University's tennis team, Hyejin's doubles partner and vice-captain of the junior team. She is also a member of the University's cooking club, spending her free time there whipping up dishes and chatting with Hana who oversees the club. She also paints during her free time, her room covered with paintings. Hana's storage room contains spare paint in case Wheein stays over and wants to do art.

 

 Wheein is playful, sweet and innocent. She and Hyejin had been high school best friends, knowing each other for more than 10 years. Only recently at their coming of age, they discovered their crowns bloomed with the same type of flower and they both have been hiding feelings for each other for a long time. Wheein was more scared that her parents would not approve their relationship. So far, there had been no objections.

 

 Wheein lives with Yongsun, the older girl had been her sunbaenim and offered to board Wheein with her when her previous housemate left. It is close to where the university is and also near where Hana stays. Hana could pop by to deliver food and sometimes messages to Wheein when Hyejin didn't have her phone.

 

 Wheein moved out of her family’s house to move to Seoul for her education. She was at first living in the university’s dorm until her grades suffered and she had to be tutored by Yongsun. Yongsun upon learning about Wheein’s struggles offered a place for Wheein to stay at her place. Wheein calls her family three times a week and visits them once a month with Hyejin. She has a cat named Ggomo which stayed with her in Yongsun's house. 

 

~

 Name: Ahn Hyejin

 

 AKA: Hwasa, Hwa-lion, Lion, Hyejinie

 

 Age: 20

 

 Ahn Hyejin is a student of Seoul International University. She is a member of the tennis team, Wheein's doubles partner and captain for the junior team. She raps and sings for a local jazz club for extra cash on days Hana was free to accompany her. Hana refused to trust the safety of the younger girl with bouncers and would personally sit in the crowd to watch Hyejin's performance. She would also be there as Hyejin's emotional support, knowing even though Hwasa is a powerful woman, Hyejin was scared to be in front of so many people. Hyejin would often ask Hana to bring the other girls to watch mainly to give her support and motivation. 

 

 Hyejin is Wheein's childhood friend, knowing each other since high school. Wheein wanted to be an artist while Hyejin wanted to be a singer. They bonded over their mutual love for tennis and became as thick as thieves, eventually soulmates.

 

 Hyejin ended up in a room in Hana’s house when she attended the orientation for new students. She told Hana, her orientation guide, that unlike Wheein who could stay in the dorm, she had nowhere to go as she had no relatives living in Seoul. Hana immediately took her in and offered to pay for her tuition if necessary. Hyejin’s parents were extremely grateful for Hana’s offer and often tell Hyejin to invit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter