Love Shot

Flower Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Yongsun tapped her foot as she waited by the gate, Hana texted her later about the colour and name plate of the car her chauffeur was driving. Yongsun watched girls and boys stream out of the school, chatting and getting into their cars, driving with the windows down, screaming into the horizon. It’s not even the start of summer break yet, Yongsun shook her head fondly as she watched. A white Mercedes glided in front of her and the windows rolled down. A strapping young man looked out, smiling.

 

 “Ms Kim Yongsun?”

 

 “That’s me. What’s the name of the person who sent you and her parents’ name?” Yongsun asked innocently. The man bared his teeth into a grin.

 

 “Son Hayun, also known as Hana. Her father’s name is Son Do Hyun,” He replied and Yongsun opened the car door. “A pleasure to meet you, Ms Kim. My name is Hee Jun and I’ll be your chauffeur for the day. We’ll be going to Seoul National University Hospital so I advise you to buckle up.”

 

 Yongsun slotted the seat belt into place. “How long have you been working for Hana unnie’s family?”

 

 Hee Jun looked at her in the mirror. “Oh, I think about five years? Her family was the only one that took me in.”

 

 “Oh? Why?”

 

 “I was sentenced to a year in prison for theft. That time, I came from a very poor family, my father passed away due to an accident at a construction site, my mother was struggling with three jobs and feeding seven kids. My younger sister is diagnosed with cancer, her treatment gets more and more expensive each year. I stole medicine and was caught. Once I came out, no one would hire a convict but Hana’s parents were so kind, they looked beyond my record. You would have expected the CEO of the biggest company in Korea to look down on these kinds of people but Hana’s father, Mr Son, he offered me a job as chauffeur, paid for my driving lessons and all. My pay is much higher than that of other chauffeurs but it has managed to allow my family to live comfortably which is something I’m grateful for, we’re no longer starving and scared if we could have a next meal.” Hee Jun explained.

 

 “It must have been hard on you,” Yongsun said.

 

 “It was, but now, we all can have a better life.” Hee Jun said as the car slowed to a stop. “Your stop, Ms Kim. I am glad for our little chat. I wish you all the best and I hope I can see you again.”

 

 Yongsun waved as the Mercades purred off in the distance and gripped her bag tighter. For the first time, the hospital looked huge and scary, something Yongsun hadn’t felt since she was nine. She took a deep breath and entered. She followed the directions Hana gave her and winded up at a hallway, Hana leaning against the wall, typing on her phone. The older woman looked up and smiled as Yongsun approached. Yongsun could see how fatigued Hana was, her eyes shone with exhaustion but she still mustered a bright grin in welcoming Yongsun. She guessed Byul meant a lot to her, so much so as to losing sleep for.

 

 “Nice to see you dear. I suppose you met Hee Jun?” Hana said as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter