A Good Memory

Thunderstruck (A Whole New World)

TOP’s POV

 

“Is this your house?” I asked her.

We were standing in front of a two-storey house. The color was mainly black and white. It looks simple, but it gives off a modern-feel.

‘Yeah.” She answered.

My phone rang. It was Seungri. Really, why did he have to call?

“Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung, where are you? Jiyong-hyung told me to call you.” He shouted.

Why did Jiyong have to make this kid call me? He could’ve called me himself.

“Aish! So loud! I just took a walk. I’ll be back.” I hung up. I didn’t let him speak another word. If Seungri finds out that I’m with a girl, he’ll make a big fuss out of this. Then, the other three will tease me, for sure.

“Yeojachingu? (Your girlfriend?)” She asked.

There’s no way I’d date Seungri! Haha.

“Anieyo. Dongsaeng. Namdongsaeng. (Younger brother.)” I said.

She smiled. Did I sound defensive? Oh, maybe I did! What’s wrong with me?!

“Thank you for helping me find my way home.” She bowed and turned.

I couldn’t say anything.

She raised her left arm, waving goodbye. Oh, her hand was tattooed with a thunder. She went inside.

It hit me. Why didn’t I recognize her earlier? I knew it. She was familiar. She was the same girl who almost got hit by our van when we just got here from New York. She had that thunder tattoo. I guess she always bumps into things.

I didn’t even get to ask what her name is. Will I ever meet her again?

***

Two weeks later...

 

Your POV

 

You were sitting in the couch in the living room, looking at the pictures you took during the first week of your stay here in Korea. It was so quiet, because you’re all alone in the house tonight. Your brother called earlier saying that he might not go home because he had to finish his proposal for a new project.

You look like a fool, smiling alone. You can’t stop admiring the sceneries in the pictures you took. It was beautiful.

Knock. Knock.

You glanced at the white wall clock hanging above the television set. It was already past midnight. Your brother had the key, of course. You don’t know anyone here, yet. Who could that be?

You slowly walked towards the door. I don’t need a baseball bat, I can just punch him in the face, whoever he is, you thought.

You remembered the guy who helped you. Could it be…?

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

Whoa, the nerve of this stranger.

You felt irritated and you opened the door after the loud knocks.

“Yah! Who do you think – “

“I own the house. Any problem?” Your brother just barged into the house carrying several bags and a briefcase.

Dumbfounded, you asked him. “What happened? Why are you carrying those?”

“Pack your things. We’re going to Japan in seven hours.” He told you.

“What? But I’ve been here… for… only a week.” You stuttered.

“Don’t overreact. It’s just for three days. My boss wants me to close a deal at the Tokyo branch. After that, we’re going back.” He continued, “No buts. You’re coming with me.”

You stood there, speechless.

“What? I cannot leave you alone. Remember when you just got here? You almost get hit by a van.”

Your brother didn’t know about the time when you got five men chasing you, and that a stranger took you home. He’d probably send you home if he knew that happened.

“Did I say I’m not going?” You smiled at him.

“Pack your clothes now.” Your brother, relieved, smiled back.

You went to your room and started picking the clothes and things that you’re going to bring to Japan. As your clothes were on the bed, you realized that your fashion sense is lacking. You only have shirts, jackets, shorts, pants and sneakers.

You started putting the things in your bag, including your camera. You’d die without it. You saw a notebook in the bedside table. It was a small, blue notebook where you wrote all the memories you had here in Seoul. You always do this whenever you’re travelling.

You flipped over the pages, and you stopped when something fell. It was a photo of Han River. On the back was a chibi of the ahjusshi who helped you. Yes, you used a sky blue pen in coloring his hair.

You wrote, 감사합니다, 앟주씨 ^^.

A good memory… worth remembering, you thought. You smiled.

 


 

Hi! It's been a while, isn't it? AFF's finally back. But unfortunately, I lost Chapter 5, and some subscribers.

So, here's the missing chapter. I hope you enjoyed it! I'll do my best to finish chapter 6, I promise.

Last week of school for me! :)

Thank you for subbing/reading/commenting! I love yoouuuuuuuuuuu! :)

-Averil