Secrecy

Thunderstruck (A Whole New World)

Your POV

You were at work, staring blankly on the screen of your desktop computer when your phone rang. It was an unknown number, and the country code was different. Who the hell would call you from overseas?

Curious enough, you answered it.

“Hello?” You said.

“Noonaaaaaaaa!” You heard a familiar cheerful voice.

“Daesung?” You smiled upon hearing his voice.

You couldn’t believe that you were into Korean music, and now you’re even on calling terms with an idol.

“As expected, a woman would surely recognize the voice of someone she likes.” He said happily.

“You… really! Why did you call anyway? And how did you know my number?”

“I’ve got connections, you know. We’ll be leaving the next day, and I was wondering if you’d like to come and have dinner with us?

“The five of you?” You were in good terms with them, well, except from Choi Seunghyun. It was kind of awkward with him.

“Of course. Unless you only want to be with me?” He said, not meaning it. But still, hearing those words made you feel embarrassed.

“Oh, why do I feel like I made you uncomfortable by saying that? I was just kidding, noona. Don’t get awkward with me, I’ll be sad.” He said. “I’ll just pick you up after work.”

“Okay. I’ll be done by five in the afternoon.”

“I’ll hang up.” The conversation ended.

***

 

TOP’s POV

I went down the lobby, because Ji told me that we would eat dinner together. I saw Seungri and Taeyang sitting together in the waiting area. I went towards them and suddenly, Seungri’s facial expression lightened up. He stood up and shouted “Noona!” enthusiastically.

I was starting to get nervous. I could hear my unusual heartbeat. I knew we met a lot of women during our stay here, but why is she the one that comes to my mind first? She isn’t the only on that they were close to, but actually they were really close. Especially Daesung and her. I couldn’t even convince myself that the “noona” Seungri called was not…

“Annyeong Seungri!” The woman said.

Damn, she’s here. Until when would I be this nervous around her?

***

 

Your POV

“Annyeong Seungri!” You said.

You looked at the five of them one by one. Well, they all looked relaxed… except for TOP. Again.

Why is he like this whenever I see him? Does he hate me? What’s his problem?!

“Annyeong Seunghyun-ssi.” You looked at him upon saying these words, thinking it would alleviate the awkward atmosphere. You saw his reaction; he looked completely surprised upon your greeting.

You didn’t mean to, but for the nth time you’ve seen him up close, you scrutinized his facial features carefully. You couldn’t help but look in awe. He’s just handsome. No. Too handsome. Like that blue-haired ahjussi you met years ago.  

“Oh, I forgot something upstairs. You guys go ahead.” He told the boys and he went running towards the elevator.

You accidentally saw Jiyong and Taeyang looking at each other, as if they were talking about something, just using eye contact.

“Oh.. uh.. Noona. We should be having dinner now. Let’s go.” Daesung said.

Something’s weird about the atmosphere, and you’re sure about it.

 



I know it has been EIGHT months since I've updated this, and I am extremely sorry. And this I am really not confident about this chapter, but by posting this, I think I'd let you guys know that I do have intentions of finishing this fic. Being on hiatus for eight months, I was really concentrating on my studies and I want to make the most out of my last semester in college. I just graduated on the first week of April and I had to find a job first before anything else. Now that everything is settled, I would be able to continue this.

Thank you for subscribing, you guys motivate me to continue writing this story. Thank you very much! :)