Unusual

Thunderstruck (A Whole New World)

 

Your POV

“You’re still listening to that old song?” Sheena, your roommate, sarcastically asked.

You were an incoming senior college student. It was summer, and you were packing your things for a one month trip to South Korea. Your older brother works for an international company, and is currently designated in Seoul. You’ve been apart for quite a while, and he misses you, so you decided to visit him.

“How about you? Listening to some music you don’t even understand?” You teased Sheena. She loves listening to K-pop music. It’s not that you hate that kind of music, you just prefer listening to rock music.

“Just because you’re good in Korean!”She shouted. “Anyways, don’t forget to buy me something since you’re going to Seoul in three days.”

“Okay, then.” You smiled at her.

Yes, you know Hangul very well. Because you’d like to travel to different countries, you purposely studied Korean, Japanese and French in advance. Out of the three, you were very fluent in Korean.

You have lots of plans for your upcoming trip to Seoul. You’ve searched the Internet for tourist spots and places with beautiful sceneries to visit. You cannot wait to take pictures! You also plan on trying and buying random stuff that you’d find while wandering around Seoul. You’ve planned so much for yourself that you almost forgot the reason why you’re going there – that is to spend some time together with your brother.

You’re just gonna make him come with you on his days off.You thought as you smiled to yourself.

***

 

TOP’s POV

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Big Bang oppas are here!” Screamed one fangirl.

Good thing we arrived late. Good thing there weren’t many fangirls. I mean, not too many. I could hear my name and the members being called and screamed and shouted here and there.

Oh, I just wanted to get in the van and go home. Shooting the new music video in New York was fun, but the plane ride made me exhausted.

The five of us struggled to go through the crowd with the help from the security. It was not as hard compared when we arrived during the afternoon. When we got into the car, some of the girls calmed down. The car finally moved. I leaned comfortably in my seat and tried to relax.

It was silent in the van. All of us were too tired to talk. It’s actually a miracle that Daesung isn’t babbling about random stuff right now. I closed my eyes.

The car suddenly stopped. It was just like, five minutes. What is it again? Aish.

“Hyung, what’s the matter?”

“Why did we stop?”

I heard Jiyong and Seungri asked Manager hyung at the same time.

“Yah! Go out and check if she’s alright!” I heard the driver shout.

As soon as I heard those words, I immediately jumped out of my seat and went out of the van. Then, I saw her. She was sitting on the ground, shocked. She had a trolley with her, a body bag, and a map. With all the luggage she had with her, she is obviously not Korean, or not from Korea. She didn’t even look like a typical Korean girl. She was wearing a white shirt under a black cardigan, denim pants, and white sneakers. Her short hair was covered by a pink cap.

“Are you --- “I was going to ask her if she was alright. I was going to talk to her, in English, but someone interrupted me.

“Noona, gwaenchana? (Are you okay?)” Daesung nervously asked the foreigner girl.

She was stunned upon seeing us, and hearing Daesung speak. Oh, maybe she is a fan.

“Ne. (Yes.)” She answered. In Korean.

I was dumbfounded by the situation. Did she really understand what Daesung said? Wasn’t she supposed to speak in another language?

She was trying to get up by herself when I finally came back to my senses. I was fascinated  by the way she was dressed – it was quite Western. I let out my hand to help her stand up.

She accepted it. My eyes were glued to the hand I was holding. Her left hand; it was tattooed with a thunder. She’s quite unusual. I’ve never met anyone like her up to now.

“Omo, mianhae. I’m sorry about what happened. I was so busy looking on the map and finding my way home that I didn’t notice that I was already crossing the street. Anyways, I’m not hurt or anything. Again, I’m so sorry. Annyeong higaseyo.” She bowed and walked away.

All five of us were left speechless.

“Is she Korean?” Youngbae asked.

“Ani, she doesn’t look like one.” Jiyong said.

“She’s so fluent.” Daesung was amazed.

“Let’s go. That girl didn’t even know that we are Big Bang.” Seungri jokingly said.

We all looked at him, unable to hold our smiles.

She is clearly not a fan. She doesn’t even know Big Bang.

 


 

Hi. This is my first time to write a fanfic. I hope whoever reads enjoy this. Please comment if you like! You can add me too! :)

THANK YOU FOR READING.

-averilkhun