The Truth

Thunderstruck (A Whole New World)

Hi! Here is the super-delayed Chapter 11. I'm so sorry, guys. Please forgive me. T_T


 

Your POV

“Hey, haven’t you found the pictures yet?” Sheena, your roommate, asked.

“I’ve searched for it everywhere, but it’s not here. I’ve already asked my brother to look for it, in case that I left it in his house, but he hasn’t called yet.” You said.

It has been half a year since you came back from Korea. Sheena was so delighted when you gave her the bearbrick you bought for her. You told her everything that happened during the one month trip, except for the night you met that mint-haired ahjussi.

When did I lose it anyway?

You thought about it carefully. You definitely had it when you were in Korea. You were even sure that you brought it to Japan. And then you went out with your brother.

Your phone rang. It was a message from your brother. It reads:

“I can’t find your notebook here. You must’ve dropped it somewhere.”

Somewhere… Somewhere else. Oh! I dropped it when I bumped into that man on my way to the noodle shop!

***

 

TOP’s POV

After almost two months in Japan, we were finally back in Korea. I haven’t seen her again, the last time was in Japan. I don’t know where she is. I don’t even know where she came from. I wish I knew those things, so even though I don’t see her, at least I know where she is.

What the hell am I saying? I don’t even know her name!

“Hyung, you’re here?” Jiyong said as I pushed the door open in one of the recording studios in the YG building.

“I’m just gonna finish the song that I’ve been working on, so you could check it immediately.” I told him as I sat down on the chair beside him.

Sometimes, I feel guilty for not telling them what I feel and think. Specially about the girl. I don’t really have a reason why I don’t tell them anything about it. Maybe I just want to keep it to myself, for now.

I tried to focus on what I should do – but I just couldn’t. I wanted to see her again. And if I meet her again, I will not waste the chance.

Minutes passed… and still, nothing. I was still sitting beside Jiyong, staring at these sheets of paper, hoping that something good will cross my mind.

A mobile phone rang, and it was Ji’s. He picked it up, and hung up after a minute or two.

“Hyung, I need to go now.” He said while standing up.

I just nodded. As he stepped out of the recording studio, I took out her notebook. It’s smaller than the usual, and its cover was plain pale blue. It has been half a year since that night. It was that night that I almost had the chance to see her again. That night that this notebook fell into my hands. I saw the pictures, yes, but I never read the notebook. God knows I’m dying to know what’s inside that.

Oh, maybe it is okay to read. I carefully flipped the pages. Page 10, 11, 12…. Page 17.

“Finally, I’m here in Seoul. To see my brother, of course. I am disastrous, as always. I almost got hit by a van when I got out of the airport. Luckily, I was unharmed. Five men went out of the car, and they looked like high class gangsters! I was supposed to panic, but one of them asked me if I was okay, and another even helped me stand up. They were kind high class gangsters. Haha.”

I was the one who helped her stand up. The thought of being mentioned in something she wrote made me smile. So, I was alone in the studio, and I was smiling like a fool.

***

 

Jiyong’s POV

“Hyung, I need to go now.” I said while standing up. Yang-sajangnim called and told me to go to his office. Though it was half a year ago, I still can’t forget that incident with hyung. It was my first time seeing him like that. But it never happened again until now.

Today, he seemed okay. It was like he’s back to normal. He went to work and practiced hard during rehearsals. He never talked about the girl; and I never saw the notebook again.

I went out of the recording studio and walked towards the elevator. I wondered why sajangnim called to see me. Did I do something wrong? I’m pretty sure I didn’t. A new album? Maybe. We just finished promoting, though. Another world tour next year? Who knows?

My phone vibrated, there was a message from YG. Now, what does he want? I read it. He messaged me that we’ll talk about it some other day. I sighed and walked my way back to the recording studio.

I was about to open the door when I had a glimpse of what’s happening inside. TOP-hyung was holding the blue notebook, and looking at those pictures again. And I thought he totally forgot about that, but obviously, he’s not over it. I just stood outside and watched him. He opened the notebook and started reading.

Ten minutes passed, and he was still reading. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my left shoulder.

“Jiyong-hyung!” It was Daesung, Daesung’s cheerful voice.

***

 

Daesung’s POV

I was walking in the hallways of the fourth floor of the YG building when I spotted a familiar figure standing outside one of the recording studios. It was Jiyong-hyung. I walked towards him.

“Jiyong-hyung!” I put my hand in his shoulder, but he just looked at me, and then, looked back inside the recording studio. Who’s inside the studio, anyway? I didn’t ask him anything, I just stood beside him and looked at whatever’s inside.

“Seunghyun-hyung…”

I saw him. He was sitting there, reading something. Was it a notebook? Yes, it is, and if I’m not mistaken, it was the blue notebook that the girl dropped.

“What’s he doing?” I asked GD-hyung.

“Still not over her. Obviously, he doesn’t know. We have to let him know.” He said.

“But he’ll get hurt.” I told him.

“He’ll just get hurt more if he’ll find about this later on.”

Jiyong-hyung opened the door, and went it to the recording studio. I followed him.

“Hyung, let’s talk.” He told Seunghyun-hyung.

***

 

TOP’s POV

I heard the door opened. I quickly closed the notebook and put it in the table.

“Hyung, let’s talk.” I head Jiyong’s voice.

I turned to look at him. Daesung was with him.

“Oh, about what?” I asked.

“About that girl.” He said.

“Hyung…” Daesung was facing Jiyong. He looked like he was pleading him to stop.

They knew?! They knew about her. Since when?

“I saw her that night.” I shot a glance at Jiyong. Our eyes met. “Well, that’s probably her since she was the only one who went that way.”

I was unable to say anything to him. How come he saw her, and I didn’t?

“She was with a guy. Most likely her boyfriend.” Those words stabbed me. Yes, I saw a man that night. But that can’t be.

I suddenly remembered what’s written on the notebook. I smiled.

“So, you should just forget about her.” Ji said.

“Hyung, stop it.” Daesung pleaded Jiyong.

“I couldn’t forget her, even if I wanted to. And I won’t.” I said. “That man was probably her brother.”

I picked up the notebook and showed it to them.

“It’s in here.”

 


Hi guys, I'm so sorry for updating only now. I go to work everyday, and I didn't have much time to write. I just finished this chapter last night. And when I was typing it, I fell asleep halfway. Too tired. Haha.

Anyways, how are you? I hope you're all good. I'm good.

Thank you for waiting, and reading this. Thank you to those who read, commented, and subscribed! I hope you enjoyed, and continue to enjoy reading this.

I hope to hear from you guys. :)

-averilkhun