Chapter 1

Last Chance

Mi nyu’s point of view

I sat in the airport café waiting for Manager Ma to arrive.

I pondered to myself as I absent-mindedly accepted the hot tea from the waitress.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen them. I wonder how Hyung-nim’s been? Oh! And Jeremy, Shinwoo, and Oppa too!

I’d already called Manager Ma and informed him that I was coming to Korea. But I can’t help but wonder if he really kept his promise of not telling anyone…

Manager Ma’s point of view

I silently cursed at myself as I walked up to the café with Coordinator Wang, Shinwoo, Jeremy, and Tae Kyung following close behind. I’m so sorry sister! I’m slime, no, I’m worse then slime! Gah! Why is Tae Kyung like that? His instincts are beyond human! I’m sorry sister! I should’ve noticed that I was smiling much more then often, now I’ve ruined it and everyone knows.

 

 

Jeremy’s point of view

Mi Nyu! I finally get to see her! I’m so happy! I would have been able to see her earlier if a certain someone had told me how to reach her.

I shot a sideways glare at Go Minam, Who received it and stuck his tongue out at me.

How can those two be related?! Mi Nyu is so sweet and gentle, but Go Minam's arrogant and mean!

My thoughts were interrupted as I saw Mi Nyu, she was sitting peacefully drinking something. So cute!

"MI NYU! MI NYU!!" I called as I waved my arms frantically then started into a full on sprint.

"OH NO YOU DON’T! SHES MY SISTER I GET TO SEE HER FIRST!" I heard Go Minam call after me as he started running up beside me.

Mi Nyu’s point of view

I stood up.

Jeremy? Oppa? What are they doing here?

I heard Jeremy frantically call my name while he and Oppa sprinted towards me, then I saw Manager Ma behind them. He was looking at me with apologetic eyes as he clasped his hands together and worded what I can only assume was "I’m sorry". Tae-Kyung was behind him looking at nothing in particular with his usual scowl. Coordinator Wang was fussing over how Manager Ma was irresponsible no doubt. And then there was Shinwoo staring directly at me with his usual sweet smile. My heart skipped a beat...Mm? Why’s that?

I didn’t get to finish my thought before my Oppa and Jeremy bombarded me.

"OH I’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!" Jeremy shouted as he spread his arms for a hug. But before that Oppa pulled him back with a jerk "I’ve missed you more Mi Nyu!" he said as he held me in an embrace.

"O-oh I-I’ve missed you also Oppa" I stumbled for words still confused as to how they came to know I was here.

"How come you didn’t tell us you we coming??" Oppa asked with a pouting face. I instantly forgot my confusion. "I wanted to surprise you guys," I said with a warm smile as Manager Ma, Coordinator Wang, Shinwoo, and Tae-Kyung approached. "I was gonna show up and get the house ready for a party while you guys were out of the house, to celebrate your vacation"

"ha. Is that all you came back for?" Tae-Kyung said coldly. Why was he acting so cold? We hadn’t seen each other for around a year. Hadn’t he missed me?

"Actually I finished my volunteer hours and I thought I’d visit" I said sheepishly as I rustled my hair and looked down.

"well I’m glad your back. I missed you and I’m sure everyone else did also" I heard Shinwoo say, I looked up to see his soft smile. I smiled in return.

 

Tae-Kyung’s point of view

That little piggy-bunny. She’s gotten so arrogant. Smiling at Shinwoo like that. My scowl grew bigger.

"Speak for yourself" I muttered slightly annoyed.

I didn’t mean it; I’d missed her so much. Everyday I thought about calling her but restrained the urge because I didn’t wanna make a fool of myself.

I looked at Mi Nyu, her expression said she was disappointed. I felt my heart sink. Great. I finally get to see her again and I say THAT? Grr. Say what you mean Tae-Kyung! I scolded myself.

I raised my eyebrow "you said something about a party?" I asked inquisitively

"o-oh yes! It was supposed to be a surprise…" Mi Nyu voice trailed.

Jeremy put his arm around Mi Nyu’s shoulder "that’s okay! We can prepare for it together!" He said in his usual cheery voice.

"Yes" Shinwoo added with a smile "I would like that very much" then he looked at me and asked innocently, "and what about you Tae-Kyung?" I scowled. "Can’t. I have to work on something tonight" I replied curtly.

"AWW! Come on Tae-Kyung! We’re supposed to be having vacation time! You can spare one night! Mi Nyu’s here!" Jeremy whined, which only added to my annoyance.

"I’m well aware of that. But I have to work." I coldly replied.

"I-its okay." I heard Mi Nyu say hesitantly. I looked at her slightly shocked at what she was saying. Didn’t she want me around? What, had she not missed me as I had missed her? My irritation only grew greater as she spoke. "Tae-Kyung’s busy it’s okay. He doesn’t have to be there…"

Oh I don’t huh? Well fine! Your gonna miss me though! I glared at her "Good. Because I won’t be there." I said before I looked away.

Jeremy’s point of view

Tae-Kyung that jerk! Can’t he see he’s hurting her feelings?!

I looked at Mi Nyu. She looked so disappointed.

"It’s okay" Shinwoo patted her head " we can have fun without him" he said with his usual charismatic smile. Mi Nyu looked up at Shinwoo who only smiled at her softly. "Yeah!" she said suddenly as she clenched her fist. "Let us celebrate!"

"Yeah! We don’t need stinking Tae-Kyung anyway!" I said.

"What the idiot said!" Go Minam agreed.

"Yeah…HEY! What’s THAT supposed to mean?!" I turned to Go Minam who was already backing away with that cocky smile of his.

"Time to go already?" Go Minam framed innocence as he looked at his wrist, "well I better be going then!" he started to sprint towards the exit.

"YAH! GET BACK HERE!" I hollered after him as I ran.