What happened last night

Girls In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seo-jeong woke up just moments before her alarm went off.  She climbed out of bed and headed for the bathroom.  As she passed by Suyeon's doorway, she was startled by the sudden appearance of a blonde woman in a pair of Suyeon's pajamas. 

"Who are you?" they both asked in unison.

After a moment of staring each other down, Seo-jeong said "Since it's my apartment, I think you should answer first, before I call the police."

The blonde glanced behind her before looking back at Seo-jeong.  "Your apartment?  I thought this was Suyeon's apartment."

"Wait a second-" Seo-jeong's eyes narrowed.  "You're the taekwondo woman from yesterday!"  She looked Hae-rim up and down, taking in the fact that she was wearing Suyeon's pajamas.  "You don't waste any time."

 Hae-rim looked confused for a second, then looked down at her outfit and said "Oh!  No!  No, it's not like you're thinking.  I slept on the floor by Suyeon's bed after I brought her home from the ER last night."

"What was Suyeon doing in the ER?  Is she okay?  What-" Seojong shouldered her way into Suyeon's room, where she saw Suyeon sleeping peacefully on her bed.  She turned back to Hae-rim.  "What happened to her?"

"She ran into a pole and knocked herself out," Hae-rim said calmly.  "I called the ambulance and went with her to the ER.  Dr. Yoojung did a scan of her brain and watched her for a couple of hours, then let me take her home.  I didn't want to leave her alone, so after I put her to bed, I put on a pair of her pajamas and laid down on the floor next to her.  I'm surprised my alarm didn't wake you up - I've been waking up every 2 hours all night to check on her."

Seo-jeong nodded, taking this all in.  "Thank you for watching over Suyeon," she said with a small bow.  "I was headed to the bathroom when I ran into you, then I was headed to the kitchen for breakfast.  Are you hungry?"

"Hey," Suyeon called out weakly, "isn't anybody going to come check on me?"

Faster than Seo-jeong could see, Hae-rim was sitting on the edge of Suyeon's bed, holding her hand.  "I've been checking on you all night, while you slept like a baby.  I'm glad to see you're awake - I was getting worried I might have to take you back to the ER."

Seo-jeong laughed.  "Even when she hasn't been injured, no one sleeps like Suyeon."

Suyeon nodded.  "It's true.  All my friends tease me about it.  On a flight to America once I slept for 10 hours straight!"

Hae-rim laughed and she rubbed Suyeon's hand.  "Well, I'm just glad you're okay.  You are feeling okay, aren't you?"

Suyeon nodded.  "Now, I believe I heard someone say something about breakfast?"  She turned her attention to Hae-rim.  "That's an advantage of sharing an apartment with a baker - fresh pastry for breakfast every morning."

Seo-jeong laughed.  'If you're well enough to eat, I guess that's something.  Are you up to coming to eat in the kitchen, or should your girlfriend and I fix you breakfast in bed?"

Suyeon looked startled.  "Girlfriend?"

Hae-rim smiled down at her.  "That's what you said you wanted last night, but I figured I'd talk to you some more about it later, once you weren't so very head-injured."

"That sounds good," Suyeon said.  "Maybe we can talk after breakfast?  I think I can make it to the kitchen."

 

 

Doyeon was startled awake by something soft but heavy smacking her in the face, then sliding off of her.  She opened her eyes to see a mass of hair - a long blonde ponytail.  Apparently its owner had rolled over quickly and it had hit Doyeon in the face.  Doyeon thought back.  The last thing she could remember was being at Scrub Inn drinking with Hyo-jung and Yuna.  She thought that this must be Yuna next to her, and a quick glimpse confirmed that she was right.  Had she?  Had she and Yuna?  Had they?  She looked down - she was still wearing her shirt and from last night, so that was a pretty good sign that nothing had happened.  She'd go with that assumption until something told her otherwise.

She sat up, in the process dislodging the duvet from Yuna's shoulder.  Yuna rolled over, her ponytail flopping against the pillow, and scooted over, apparently seeking Doyeon's warmth.  When the only part of Doyeon she could find was her arm, she settled for wrapping herself around that and going back to sleep.  Doyeon struggled in vain to free her arm, but Yuna had too tight of a grip on it.  "Come on!  Let go!" Doyeon pleaded to no avail.

"Oh good, you're awake!"

Doyeon looked up and saw Hyo-jung standing in the doorway, still wearing her clothes from the day before, holding a cup of coffee.

"We've still got plenty of time before shift starts," Hyo-jung said, taking a sip of her coffee, "so even if you want to go back to your place to shower and change before work, you've still got plenty of time."

"How did I even get here?" Doyeon asked, wishing her head would stop hurting and hoping Hyo-Jung would offer her a cup of coffee.

"We walked," Hyo-jung said,  She came over put her coffee on the nightstand, and tried to help Doyeon extricate her arm.  "As it turns out, Yuna's apartment is just a block down from Scrub Inn."

"So. . ." Doyeon hated to do this, but she'd been friends with Hyo-jung for long enough that she felt could, "did I. . . did we. . ."  She gestured, encompassing herself, Yuna, and the bed.  "Did she and I. . .  What happened?"

Hyo-jung laughed, managing to wrestle Yuna's arms apart so that Doyeon could pull herself free.  Apparently united in their desire to let Yuna sleep for a while longer, they quieted down and slipped away to the kitchen.  As Doyeon prepared herself a cup of coffee, she prompted Hyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter