Intensity

Girls In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyung-soo showed Suyeon and Seo--jeong the array of listening devices the countermeasures team had found. "There was one in the kitchen, one in the living room, and one in each bedroom."

"Both bedrooms?" Seo-jeong asked.

"Of course," Suyeon said. "They didn't know which one was mine, so they bugged both."

"You mean - they heard me -" Seo-jeong blushed.

"They probably ran the sound files through a computer, keyed to respond to the sounds of voices. Other sounds wouldn't be of interest to them," Hyung-Soo said, pretending he didn't know what Seo-jeong had been referring to.

"At least it was just audio bugs," Hae-rim said. "If it had been cameras, then you'd really have something to worry about."

"And they're sure they got all of them?" Suhyeon asked.

Hyung-soo nodded. "They've got very sensitive bug detectors and they swept the whole apartment. Now if you're sure you'll be fine, I'll go see if I can get a couple of hours of sleep before my shift starts tomorrow."

"Go ahead and go," Hae-rim said, guiding him toward the door. "I've got everything under control here, and you're going to need to be at your best to run the hunt for Im Nayeon."

"Just call if you need me," he said, and let himself out. Hae-rim went behind him and locked the door, then headed to the kitchen to put on some coffee.

"So," Suyeon said to Seo-jeong, "I noticed you called So-eun on the way here."

Seo-jeong nodded. "It was supposed to call her if I wanted to get together tonight, so I figured I'd better call her and let her know I wouldn't be coming."

"So is something going on there?"

Seo-jeong shrugged. "I think so. I don't know. I like hanging out with her, and I could see something happening between us, but I dont know how she feels. Anyway, she's going to pass by the bakery tomorrow morning before work."

"That's a good sign," Suyeon said.

"I think so," Seo-jeong said with a smile. 

Just then Hae-rim came out of the kitchen. "Coffee will be ready in just a minute," she said.

"I've got some pastries in the freezer," Seo-jeong said. "I'll go warm some up so we can have something to eat."

After Seo-jeong had left the room, Hae-rim crossed over to Suyeon and took her hands. "How are you doing?" she asked. "I know this is all a lot of take in."

Suyeon nodded. "A hell of a lot. But I think I'm managing okay." She sat down on the couch and pulled Hae-rim down next to her. "I can't imagine what it must be like for you when you go undercover - having to leave your whole life behind."

Hae-rim put her arm around Suyeon's shoulders. "I never had much of a life when I was working undercover, so I didn't have much to leave behind. But now that I'm going to be working at the academy, I'm hoping to change that."

Suyeon leaned her head on Hae-rim's shoulder. "I'd say you're off to a good start. You've found a girlfriend."

Hae-rim laughed. "That was just luck - you were falling, and I just happened to be there to catch you."

"Well, regardless of how it happened, I'm glad it happened."

 

 

Hyo-jung finished giving the report to the next shift's charge nurse and went to the locker room to change out of her scrubs. Yuna was already there, fastening her jeans and putting on her shoes.

"Hi Hyo-jung!" Yung said, her good spirits apparently undimmed from the beginning of the shift. "A bunch of us are going to Scrub Inn tonight. You want to come along?"

Hyo-jung finished pulling her scrub top off and tossed it in the laundry bin. "I'd love to," she said, as she reached into her locker, "but I've got someplace else to be tonight."

"Ooh! Sounds mysterious!" Yuna said as she grabbed her purse and closed her locker.

Hyo-jung laughed. "Nothing so exciting as all that. I'm just meeting someone for a chat."

"Well, have fun," Yuna said as she left, "and if you come to Scrub Inn after, we'll probably still be there."

"I might, but don't count on it," Hyo-jung said. "Drink an extra shot for me."

"Will do!" Yuna said as she left the room.

Hyo-jung laughed as she finished tying her shoes. Yuna's high spirits were infectious, and gave her hope that something good would come out of her conversation with Yoojung tonight.  She left the hospital and, rather than turn left to go to Scrub Inn, she turned right. A couple of blocks down, she saw the entrance to the Bear Trap. 

The doorman made a show of looking her up and down. "I think you've come to the wrong place, sweetie," he said, a teasing note evident in his voice.

Hyo-jung shook her head. "I'm meeting someone here. If she's not here already, she'll be here soon."

The doorman pointed to his head. "I see what you're doing here. Clever girls, don't wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter