A Night Out

Girls In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna heard the doorbell and went to open the door. Standing outside was Dr. Choi - Yoojung, she mentally corrected herself - carrying a large canvas shopping bag with a bottle of something sticking out the top.

"I told you you didn't have to bring anything," Yuna said.

"I know," Yoojung said as she stepped into Yuna's apartment. "But you said we'd be drinking soju, and that just doesn't seem fancy enough for the fashion awards, so I packed up most of my bar cart and we can have fancy cocktails while we make fun of the show. I even brought paper umbrellas!"

Yuna clapped her hands together. "That sounds great! I-" Just then the doorbell rang. "Hold that thought!"

Yuna rushed over to the door and found Hyo-jung and Doyeon waiting outside, each holding a cardboard box. "What's all this?" Yuna asked.

"We didn't want you to spend the whole night in the kitchen," Doyeon explained, "so we stopped by Chez Lua and Seo-jeong's Pastries and got some snacks for tonight."

Yuna just barely managed to stop herself from leaning in and kissing Doyeon. "Oh, that's so sweet of you! And Yoojung brought the stuff to make fancy drinks!'

"And the first batch will be ready by the time they unpack those boxes," Yoojung called out from the kitchen, barely audible over the sound of ice in the cocktail shaker.

Within a few minutes they had snacks and drinks and were ready to start snarking about the first arrivals on the red carpet.

"Ugh, that dress is not flattering on her!" Doyeon said as one of her favorite actresses came on-screen.

"That dress wouldn't be flattering on anybody!" Hyo-jung chimed in.

"I don't know," Yoojung said. "I think you'd be kind of cute in it Hyo-jung!"

Hyo-jung looked over at Yoojung and was once again struck with how sparkly Yoojung's eyes were. She started to lean in and kiss her, but remembered where she was at the last second, and leaned over and stole a mini quiche from her plate instead. "That was close," she whispered in Yoojung's ear as she sat up.

A couple of hours and several rounds of drinks later, Yoojung came back from the kitchen with some sort of bright blue drinks on a tray. 

"Oooh! Those are pretty!" Yuna said, weaving slightly in her chair. "What are those?"

"This," Yoojung said, handing Yuna one of the drinks, "is a royal blue. It's cranberry juice, lime juice, vodka, and blue curacao."

"I've never seen a drink this color," Doyeon said, as Yoojung handed her one of the drinks.

Yoojung handed a drink to Hyo-jung, then sat down on the loveseat next to her. She leaned over and kissed Hyo-jung on the cheek.

Yuna noticed this kiss, and by making eye contact with Doyeon across the room, confirmed that she wasn't the only one. Doyeon took a sip of her drink and put it down on the table. 

"I think we need to switch to cocktails," Doyeon said. She stood up and grabbed her glass and Yuna's. "Yoojung, can you come show me how to make some good mocktails?"

"What?" Yoojung had been absorbed in something Hyo-jung had been saying and just caught the end of what Doyeon was saying. "Mocktails? Uh, sure. Let's go."

Once Doyeon and Yoojung were alone in the kitchen, they dumped out the drinks and started washing the glasses. "What's with cutting us all off so early?" Yoojung asked. "You usually drink better than that."

"You usually drink better than that," Doyeon said. "Once you sober up you'll thank me for this."

Yoojung looked confused. "What do you mean?" She picked up a towel and started drying the glasses.

Doyeon's eyes got huge. "What do I mean?" she asked incredulously. "What do I - are you trying to get yourself reported to Dr. Lee?"

Yoojung looked even more confused. "Dr. Lee?" 

Doyeon leaned in and whispered fiercely. "You just kissed Hyo-jung! Are you actively trying to get brought up on a ual harassment charge?"

Yoojung finally understood what Doyeon was talking about, and decided to have a little fun with it. "I don't think Hyo-jung would report me."

"Don't think. . . " Doyeon sputtered. "Hyo-jung is the most by-the-book nurse in the entire department. If you don't believe she'll report you, just around and find out!"

Yoojung finished pouring cranberry juice, lime juice, and orange bitters into the cocktail shaker, put the lid on it and started shaking. "Thank you for your concern, Doyeon," she said as she poured the drinks into the glasses. "I think everything will be okay, though."

Doyeon rolled her eyes. "I can't force you to do anything," she said, "but I had to warn you. I'm done now."

Yoojung smiled at her. "Thank you, Doyeon. Seriously." She picked up two of the drinks, motioned for Doyeon to take the other two, and led the way back to the living room.

"Took you guys long enough," Hyo-jung said as Yoojung handed her a drink and sat down beside her. "And what's up with cutting us off this early into the evening?"

Doyeon glanced at Yuna, then looked at Hyo-Jung. "Just wanted to make sure nobody did anything they might regret."

"Ah," Hyo-jung said. She leaned over toward Doyeon. "Like wake up in Yuna's bed, uncertain of what happened?" she asked quietly.

"Something like that," Doyeon responded.

Hyo-jung took a sip of her drink. "I can tell there's no alcohol in this," she said, "but otherwise it tastes the same."

"I hoped it would," Yoojung said. "I wasn't planning on making mocktails tonight or I'd have looked up some recipes. Glad you like it!"

Doyeon exchanged smiles with Yuna - apparently they had managed to get Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter