Aftermath and future plans

Girls In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The kitchen phone at Chez Lua rang. Soo-kyung reached over from the expediter's station and answered it. "Seo-jeong! It's so good to hear you! . . . But you're okay? . . . Good. Can you have Suyeon bring you over here so I can see you're okay and feed you some dinner? . . . Great. And bring Haerim if she's free. . . Okay, see you in a few." She hung up the phone. "So-eun!" she called out. "Seo-jeong is okay! She's on her way over. You've got the rest of the evening off, so you can sit at the owner's table with her and eat dinner on me."

So-eun was so stunned she almost dropped her knife. "Really? She's okay? And I get the evening off?"

Soo-kyung nodded. "It was thanks to you noticing that BMW, calling the police, and then calling Suyeon when the police tried to brush you off that we knew what happened to Seo-jeong and were able to get her back to quickly. As far as I'm concerned, you're a hero today." She walked around to So-eun's station and gave her a hug. "Now put up your knives and get out there before I change my mind." She grinned to she So-eun she wasn't serious.

So-eun washed her knives, put them in her knife roll, and stashed them in her locker. She was checking her chef's whites for spatters as she walked through the kitchen. As she passed by Soo-kyung, she said "How do I look?"

Soo-kyung looked her up and down. "Flawless, as always. I swear, I have no idea how you keep your uniforms so clean even during a hectic shift. Besides, Seo-jeong's not going to care what you're wearing - she's just going to be happy to see you."

So-eun looked hopeful. "You think so?"

Soo-kyung smirked and nodded. "After today, I know so. Now grab yourself a glass of wine and go sit down at the owner's table and wait for her."

 

 

Hyo-jung and Yoojung were just finishing the discharge paperwork for Mrs. Park when the phone rang. Hyo-jung picked up, only to have the voice on the other end ask her if Yoojung was there. "She's right here," she said and handed the phone to Yoojung.

Yoojung covered the mouthpiece of the phone and shot Hyo-jung a questioning look. "Who is it?" she mouthed.

"I think it's Ji Suyeon," Hyo-jung said quietly.

"Hello?" Yoojung said into the phone. "Suyeon! You've got news? . . . She is! That's great! . . . Well, I'm sure she's tired tonight - I'll come see her tomorrow. . . Oh, I'm so glad she's back safely." She hung up the phone.

"Apparently it's good news?" Hyo-jung said with a grin. 

Yoojung nodded, her smile stretching from ear to ear. "Seo-jeong is back safely and they've got her kidnapper behind bars, at least for now. You want to come with me to check on her tomorrow?"

Hyo-jung cocked her head to the side. "Do you think I should?"

Yoojung nodded. "It'll be good for you to have a chance to meet all my friends. None of whom work at the hospital." She put special emphasis on the last sentence.

"Okay," Hyo-j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter