Non-verbal Languages

1 Minute and 10 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day, another class. But today is not just any other day for me. Chaewon-unnie nodded to me when I greeted her so I wasn't able to remove the grin from my face. Thinking about it makes me grin to the point my cheeks are hurting. I tried to pursed my lips to hide my grin whenever the teacher looks at my direction.

 

After a while, I just opted to stare at Chaewon-unnie. She's too focused in front to mind me staring. How can someone be this insensitive? I literally boring a hole on her head. "Don't you get tired of this? You can be out in the world, fighting crimes. Instead, you're here." I said as I motioned our surroundings with distaste. "Studying."

 

She snickered. "Fighting crimes? What do you perceive me as, the Power Puff Girls?" She said without batting an eye.

 

"Wow, that's some old reference." I smiled as her ears turn red. Her eyes flicker to my direction and grinned widely. My heart fluttered at the sight. I started to melt and feel like I am floating in the clouds when I felt something hit my head. I was pulled out of my reverie and sharply turned to my offender only to see a standing figure in front of me. I sheepishly tipped my head up to see a frowning teacher right standing right in front of my desk.

 

"Stand at the back for the rest of the period." He said firmly. I pouted as I dejectedly went to the back of the room. I turn to look at Chaewon-unnie's direction and saw that her shoulders are shaking. Immediately, my mood brightens up. Maybe it's better this way. I get to watch her without straining my neck. Sure, her side profile is a nicer view but this will do too.

 

---

 

After the class, I immediately flopped down. My legs are killing me. I can't believe he really didn't let me sit! I was massaging my legs when my bag dropped in front of me with a soft thud. I look up to see Chaewon-unnie pass through me. I quickly stood up and picked up my bag.

 

I ran after her and wrapped my arms on hers. She frowned at me and twisted her arm out of my hold. "Ah! Ah! My legs! I can't walk properly." I grabbed onto her hand and limply walked.

 

She turns me to face her and I held my breath in shock. My eyes grew wide as she wrapped her arms to my waist. She then bends down to carry me on her shoulders.

 

"U-unnie, what are you doing?" Without even a minute, she placed me down to sit on the bench at the side of the hallway.

 

"If you are unfit to walk, then have a sit until you deem that you can." She said in monotone and began walking away.

 

I placed my hand over my chest to calm the raging heart. After two shaky breaths, I got back to my feet and followed her. "Unnie, I was just joking. Don't be like this." I quickly rushed to her side and settled with walking side-by-side.

 

---

 

We reached our training ground when we saw Hitomi sitting down reading a book. Chaewon-unnie happily skips towards her and covered her eyes. "Guess who?" She said in a big man's voice.

 

"Hmmm..." Hitomi placed a finger on her chin. "I don't know.. Minju?" Chaewon-unnie made face and playfully bit Hitomi's shoulder with a 'Nyang' sound. "Oww, unnie." Hitomi looked at her trying to make a  sulky face but ended up giggling.

 

I swallowed the lump on my throat and tried to relax my constricting heart. "Let's start?" Chaewon-unnie asked while poking both of Hitomi's cheeks softly.

 

Hitomi turns to look at me and I quickly turn away. "Why, why don't we start with Minju today?"

 

I felt Chaewon-unnie look to my direction and say, "Little Fox had to stand for the whole lesson as punishment for not paying attention. Why don't we give her a rest?"

 

"Really??"

 

"I'm okay, Hii. You can start first." I gave her a sincere smile. It does not hurt as much as Yuri because she still holds a huge part of my heart but I can't help but be jealous of what they have.  I felt like it was something I can never surpass even if I try for the rest of my life.

 

I tried my best to focus on our training with a heavy heart. Chaewon-unnie seems to let me off the hook today also.

 

---

 

"I have to go first, unnie, Minju. Mom and Dad are visiting today so I have to go back." Hitomi said while we were fixing our stuff.

 

"Do you want me to come with you?" Chaewon-unnie said.

 

"No need, unnie. You told me you have to meet Professor Summers first thing tomorrow. I'll be fine, Butler Lee will pick me up. I have a request though. Can you walk Minju back to the dorms? There are a lot of vultures waiting for the right moment just to harm her." I frown at her statement. I'm not in the best shape but I was more than capable of protecting myself, still.

 

"Why must I do that?" Chaewon-unnie said. Obviously unwilling to comply.

 

"Please, unnie? I'll owe you one." Hitomi said with hands clasped. Chaewon-unnie can do nothing but just sigh. Before going our separate ways, Hitomi whispered something to me. "Unnie is not good with cold." She said before leaving, not forgetting to wink at me while she's at it.

 

---

 

While walking back to the dorm, I purposely walked slower. Chaewon-unnie didn't seem to mind as she matches my pace. My hands are clammy. I really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter