Glint

1 Minute and 10 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day came. I avoided talking to Yuri. I really don't know what to say. So I just stare at her from afar. Right now, I am in a secluded part of the mansion on the third floor. I can see her talking with Nako. She seems sad. I stretched my hand to pat her head from afar.

 

"You are pathetic." I look over my shoulder to find Chaewon-unnie with Hitomi. I gave Hitomi a small smile before looking back at Yuri. "The people here supposedly fear you, is it not? I do not understand how you can be intimidating. Right now, you just look like a forlorn frog."

 

I saw in my peripheral vision that Hitomi shoved Chaewon-unnie in the shoulder.

 

"Tch. I came here to apologize." That got my attention.

 

I gave her a confused look.  I pursed my lips. "No. It is me who should apologize. I always let my feelings determine my next course of action. You were just there when everything was too much to handle. I'm sorry." I returned my eyes to my subject of interest.

 

"I would not claim that I liked your 'bratty' attitude, but I definitely dislike this one more."

 

"You like me better when I'm being all over you. Noted." I smiled at her.

 

She frowned. "Absolutely not. I believe you do not understand the point of my argu-" I laughed at her. It is just so her. She closed her lips. A satisfied face was painted in her face. I turn my head back to Yuri.

 

"Hey, do you want to come with us? Chaewon-unnie says she can teach you a thing or two about physical defense and techniques to improve your power." I looked at Chaewon-unnie. She avoided my gaze, which made me smile. What a softie.

 

I walked closer to her and leaned in to kiss her cheek. Her eyes turned into huge round ones before pushing me away hard, making me stumble back a bit. "What do you think you are doing?!?"

 

"I know you care too." I gave her a genuine smile. I turn to look at Hitomi, whose jaw has dropped to the ground. I pat her head. "Thank you but I'll have to pass."

 

I walked away from them but not without hearing "I do not car- How dare you do that, you lowly-! You foolish, stupid freak! The next time you do that-!! You are totally insane. You're mad. I cannot put up with you! Ugh!" A smile painted my face as I walk towards the rooftop.

 

---

 

I opened the door to the rooftop. I walked over the edge of it to see the nice view of the forest.

 

I was appreciating it peacefully when I sensed something. I closed my eyes and used my powers to feel through the area. I felt presence around me and something else I can't determine. I released a screeching sound.

 

"Ahh! Minju!!"

 

"Kkura-unnie? What are you doing here?" I frowned at her as she got out from behind the wall.

 

She looked on her feet and point her index finger together. "I was staying here when I heard your thoughts. I hid because I thought you might still be angry with me."

 

I smiled at her. "Nonsense. You were right. It's not your secret to tell. I should have understood that. I'm sorry." I grinned at her.

 

"You seem happy."

 

Just remembering what happened a while ago made me smile. "I guess I am."

 

"That's odd...Nako told me you and Yuri had a very bad falling out."

 

After hearing that, it immediately made me frown. I sigh loudly as I try to mask my grief.

 

"I guess you were happy because of something else, huh? Do tell me."

 

I looked up to her with a mischievous smile. "Well-" I suddenly felt something weird again. I frown I try to sense where the weird feeling is coming from. I used my powers again to feel my surroundings. I feel like it is coming from behind the wall but I don't understand what it is. I try to walk toward that direction when Sakura-unnie appeared in front of me.

 

"Minju? What's wrong? Where are you going?"

 

I glanced at her before trying to walk past her because I feel like I am being called in that direction. After a few struggles, I was able to walk pass Sakura-unnie. I don't know what's with her, but I'm too distracted to think. When I made a turn to see what's behind the wall there was nothing there, at the same time the feeling was gone too. I am not s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter