Sinister Ambitions

1 Minute and 10 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We're down to the last stretch of the exhibition tournament. Hitomi and I manage to get to the finals, where the champion will be determined tomorrow. Nako is already eliminated and is at the 23rd place of their division. Yuri is currently in the quarter-finals. Right now, she is having a battle with Yena.

 

Nako is fidgeting in her seat. "Relax. She'll be alright. Yuri is good. Besides, she has a secret weapon now." I smiled at her.

 

Nako exhaled a shaky breath. "I hope so. I mean, Yena-ssi didn't place second last year for nothing."

 

I focused my attention on the battlefield as the game is starting.

 

Yena started by taunting Yuri. She rose water to both of her sides just waiting for Yuri to make her first move.

 

Yuri quickly swung her arms and vines start to grow from the ground. She then waved her hand towards Yena and the vines with thorns start to attack her. Yena began to jump backward while she used her water to cut through the vines. The vines persistently attack Yena and she keeps on moving around. Until her legs are trapped. Half a second later, her arms are wrapped in vines and it pulled her down to the ground.

 

She didn't seem to anticipate it as I saw panic in her eyes. She kept struggling and pulling through the vines. Vines start to grow around her pointing million of thorns at her.

 

"YIELD!" Yuri screamed in front of her. Yena stopped struggling and looked up to Yuri. Suddenly water blew in front of Yuri, sending her flying few meters away. She then broke free from the vines.

 

Nako and Hitomi stood up abruptly from their chairs. I scoffed. So, I was right. She's a Myalo-mutant.

 

Yuri struggled to stand up, using her vines to help her. Yena dust off her body, smirking. Yena then sends floods of water in the whole battlefield, the waves carrying her. Yuri then swings her arms, and trees suddenly grow from the ground absorbing all the waters. Yena stumbled on the floor as all of her water suddenly disappeared. Her footing was bad so it sent her rolling to the floor.

 

"Woah!" A smirk quickly grew from my face. "Is this the secret weapon you were talking about?" Nako quickly turned to face me. I looked at her smiling and nodded my head. Nako then jumped in her place and clapped her hands. Hitomi and I laughed at her. We, then, brought our focus back to the battle. Yena was now wrapped again in vines tightly. There are some thorns poking through her skin, like her blood.

 

"I don't want to hurt you any further. Now, YIELD!" Yuri shouted again.

 

Yena's head is bowed down. Her shoulders are shaking. Then suddenly a loud laugh surrounded the whole battlefield. All the audiences were silenced by the sound. She abruptly looked up to Yuri. What followed after, froze me to my seat. Water sipped out from the vines and turning them to a dried lifeless plant. Yena easily broke free from these vines. There are now multiple wounds in her arms, legs and whole body. She stood tall, but there is obviously struggle and pain in her action. She was clenching her jaws.

 

"If you can absorb my water, what makes you think that I can't drain your plants' water?" She was walking slowly towards Yuri. I looked at Yuri. She was obviously in panic. She was staggering backward.

 

"Come on, Yuri. Fight back. This is not yet over." I said through my gritted teeth my fist balled up tightly. Nako is now gripping my arms tightly. It hurts but I couldn't care less. Hitomi is covering .

 

Yuri swings her arms in rush, obviously panicking. Venus flytrap, branches, vines, thorns, leaves, anything, and everything starts charging towards Yena. But, all of these turned to dried lifeless plants before it even manage to create any damage to her.

 

Yena then lifts her arms and swings it towards Yuri. Another flood of water comes rushing towards Yuri, this time bigger and faster. The water quickly enveloped Yuri. Yena rose the water with her on top of it. We all see Yuri inside of the water. Struggling. Drowning.

 

I can see her running out of air. She was inhaling some water.

 

Everybody is silenced. I stood up from my seat. "YIELD, YURI! YIELD!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping she would hear me. I can feel eyes on me but I don't care. "YURI, YIELD!! YOU'LL DIE!" I ran towards the very front of the bleachers. I banged the glass covering. "YURI!! YIELD, PLEASE!!" I can see her flapping her arms helplessly. She's inhaling too much water. I can feel tears falling from my eyes. I kept banging the glass.

 

I looked up to Yena. She was staring at me. Her eyes filled with pity and worry. You're dead.

 

My attention was diverted back to Yuri. I can see her reaching her arms trying to get to the end of the water to get air. "YURI! Please." She was near the end when another wave of water pushed her to the middle of the water. I can see her body giving up and she was continuously inhaling water. "YURII!!!" I felt it before I saw it. I accidentally send a huge force of power that broke through the glass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter