Downhearted

1 Minute and 10 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently saying you'd do it is totally different from actually doing it. I sigh. Things you say out of anger, Minju.

 

I stood in front of Yuri's room for half an hour thinking of a way to get away from this situation. I carefully looked back to see the back of Nako and Hitomi sitting on the couch. They are waiting for me to make mends with Yuri. I shut my eyes tightly as if it will help me prepare myself for the confrontation better. I slowly twist the knob of the door and opened it carefully. I saw Yuri sitting at the edge of her bed staring blankly out of the window while nibbling her lips.

 

"Nothing beats the view from this room." I said as I stare out of the night sky. The vast horizon of the sea. I can feel her head turn to me. "I remember when we first got here. We were fighting for this room." A smile etched my face from remembering the memories. "I let you have it because you really looked like you would cry if you didn't get the room." I turn to look at her. She quickly avoided my eyes. I sigh. "I guess what I'm saying is that when it comes to you, I try to make the decision I know that will ensure your happiness and safety. But if it ever comes to the point that I will choose between the two, I would choose your safety over and over again. You may hate me for it. I'll accept it. It hurts but I'll accept it. I hope you know that." I stared at her the whole time but she couldn't bring herself to look at me. I felt a pinch in my heart. I have been feeling it more and more these days. I sigh. When did our relationship starts to change so much? "Have a good night, Yuri.

 

....I love you." I turn my back and headed towards the door. A part of me was hoping she would stop me. Hug me. Tell me that she understands and she forgives me. But I guess that was just a foolish thought. I went out of the room and closed the door gently. Hitomi and Nako are staring at me as if asking what happened. I gave them a sad smile. The best one I could give. Hitomi gave me a sympathetic smile.

 

I proceed to enter my room and lie on my bed. I just stared at the ceiling for hours. I didn't know how long. I just knew the sun was up and I had to get ready for school.

 

---

 

I was not really in the mood to listen to class. I was just staring outside the window. I felt another pinch in my heart as I remember last night's event. I try to shake off the thought by shaking my head. While shaking my head, I caught a glimpse of Chaewon-unnie staring at me. She quickly diverted her attention to the window, pretending to look outside. A grin grew on my face.

 

I quickly took a paper and wrote something on it. I folded it into a paper frog. I then used my powers to make it hop to her. She noticed it when it reached her table as it bumped her hand.

 

She slowly unfolds the paper.

 

"I saw you staring. :')"

 

She gently folded the paper back to its original shape and carefully placed it on the corner of her desk, facing forward. She then flicks the of the frog that sends it flying to the floor.

 

"Hey" I shouted while raising from my seat.

 

"Is there a problem, Minju-ssi?" The teacher spoke warningly. I frowned at Chaewon-unnie with a pout on my face but she was not looking. I silently sat back to my chair. She's really so complicated.

 

"Be quiet." The teacher told me sternly. I saw her snicker quietly at my embarrassment. Hmph!

 

After the class ended I called on to Chaewon-unnie. "Chaewon-unnie!!" I can feel a lot of eyes on us. But I didn't bother to care. I visibly see her froze. I happily skipped to her. But before I reached her she started moving again, which made me frown. I jogged toward her but when I've gotten out of the room she just vanished.

 

"How does she always vanish so fast?"

 

"She has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter