Exhibition Tournament

1 Minute and 10 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right now, people are busy preparing for the exhibition tournament. I am with Yuri, Nako and Hitomi. They have been sparring while I watch.

 

"Why are you smiling?" I look at the source of the voice.

 

"I'm just feeling giddy, Hii!" I said, my smile not leaving my face.

 

"Well, why don't you release some of that giddiness and spar with me." My smile grew bigger as I stood up.

 

Hitomi suddenly turned to a tiger. She was focused on me. I was a little bit disoriented at how her skills vastly improve compared to the last exhibition tournament. She used to have a hard time turning to wild dangerous animals.

 

Due to my shock, I took a step late from her attack. I manage to dodge by leaping away. My landing was bad so I rolled off the floor. I inquired some scratches and some parts of my body hurt.

 

When I manage to stand up, I saw Hitomi turned into a bull, charging towards me. I quickly tried to put up a defense force in front of me. I was not able to build a good defense due to being pressed of time and space, so I flew few meters away. I manage to find a good landing which prepared me to wield for the second time to send Hitomi flying in the air.

 

She quickly turned herself to a hummingbird, preventing me to have a clear shot to her. She quickly moves towards me and turned to a snake in mid-air. She manages to bite me and inflict a paralyzing poison. I felt my body drop to the ground as I can't seem to move any of it. I wield for the third time to send Hitomi flying in the air before slamming her to the ground to pin her. She turned back to a human and stayed on the floor for 7 seconds before attempting to sit up, while I still stayed on the floor unable to move my body.

 

A mutant can win in the tournament if, one, they manage to knock down their opponent and they strip their opponent's powers, and, two, their opponent yields. In our case, there was no winner,…yet.

 

"Well……that was…….intense?" Yuri said awkwardly. I was gritting my teeth, trying to at least move a finger. "Are you….both okay?" She added. I heard Hitomi groaned loudly. Her body must be so sore.

 

"That was good, Hii. Are you planning on being a champion in your division?" I inquired in a serious tone.

 

She chuckled. "Yeah. I'm sorry for paralyzing you. I got carried away."

 

"It's fine. It'll wear off. Sorry for slamming you." I said smiling. She looked at me and laughed. I laughed with her.

 

Yuri exhaled. I didn’t know she was holding her breath the whole time. She sighs. "You both didn't have to go that far, you know?"

 

"Let's get you both to Chaeyeon-unnie, shall we?" Nako said and helped Hitomi stand up, draping Hitomi's arm over her shoulder.

 

Yuri used her branches and vines to lift my body. I lift a brow at her. "What?? You don't expect me to carry you to Chaeyeon-unnie, right? You're way too heavy for me."

 

"……"

 

"Then, Yuri, can you also use your powers to carry Hii-chan?" Nako said. Her face obviously showing her struggle carrying the bigger girl. Yuri burst out in laughter and the three of us followed. Vines and branches start to grow around Hitomi's body.

 

---

 

"I should make a business out of this. You have been the seventh that came to me. Now, that the exhibition is coming up, I see a lot of you are sparring your asses out." Chaeyeon-unnie said with a sad smile.

 

"Unnie," I gave her an understanding smile. Chaeyeon-unnie's power is healing because of this she can't join the exhibition tournament. I wanted to pat her back but I am still paralyzed.

 

She started healing Hitomi's bruises. "I just-….I just want to participate like y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter