CHAPTER

Purpose of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

"Okay CUT!!" The director shouted as Myungsoo and her co-actress Sunyoung finished their scene. The scene that Myungsoo and Len practice at home.

 

"Myungsoo your doing really great that scene looks so real that I thought you two are really breaking up" One of the staff praised Myungsoo that made the man smile back as an acknowledgement to the compliment. Sunyoung is a great actress too. She did the wavelength of what he expect the actress would do with a scene with him.

 

 

The director finished monitoring the last shooted scene. Looking contented, he wrapped the shoot and head to the next location. Myungsoo was already in their car waiting for his manager. A big sigh escape through his mouth and start texting on his phone.

 

'Messaging as a friend, what time does your shift end later?" He hit the send button and throw his phone inside his bag. He expected Len would reply late because he found out that Len is a heavy sleeper when she doesnt need to work.

 

"Let's go you still have 2 scenes to shoot and if everything goes well. We can ho home early" the manager exclaimed happily but Myungsoo is not listening to him. He recalled what happen last night after they dropped Sungyeol in the bar.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

The two entered the apartment and tried to act normal. Myungsoo go straight to the kitchen and grap a two can of Milk Soda. "Here take this , I'll listen when your ready"

 

Len open the Milk Soda and stared at it. "What do you want to know? Ask it and I'll try to answer " She took a deep gulp of milk soda to remourse her feelings.

 

 

Myungsoo sit on the couch gesturing Len to sit beside him. Len is is a puzzle for Myungsoo. He doesnt know but he want to figure her out. "You're a professional and base on your credentials, you can be more than a housekeeper even here in Korea so why did you end up in this job?"

 

"I hate my job. Since the beginning I really hated it. I just learned to tolerate it when he came to my life." Flash back of memories flood into Len's mind and start to cry but she continued her story.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

2025

 

Len was working as a lead architect in a firm that was created by her friends. She was a co-owner of it. The projects of the firm were good in number but Len hate the work. She always dream of resigning but she realized that shes also a co-owner and need to work hard for the firm.

 

One day a new architect applied on their firm and got hired. She knew that the guy was one of their school mate back in the university days.

 

"Hi I'm Dominic Reyes" the man introduce himself to Len. Len just nod to acknowledge it. Dominic is a very enthusiastic person when it comes to their field. He is a good man. In just a month he was highly praised in the firm. He is also popular to her co-workers due to his handsome attributes.

 

Dominic looks are like from a spanish decent. He have deep brown eyes , white complexion , perfect nose and nice built. Len never thought that she would be associated with Dominic other than a co-worker until their company party happen.

 

The company party is designated in a rest house in Tagaytay. They had BBQ party. Len was incharge of chopping the vegetables together with her friend who is also a co-owner of their firm, Francheska.

 

"I want to play too but we are too busy chopping. Why did we lose to the draw lots" her friend whined which Len just smile to it.

 

"By the way are you still planning to resign?" A question shocked Len to the core. She never speak of it to her friends but how come Francheska know? "I saw your resignation letter in your drawer when Im looking for some files, sorry I touch your stuff without permission"

 

With a heavy sigh Len gather all her thought and manage a reply. " I - I dont know yet. You are well aware of my stand to our field since university days. I don't like to be an architect to begin with but we have a lot of project now and I can't just resign. I have 4 projects with me, 5 if Dominic isn't hired.

 

 

Francheska was going to say something but Dominic came and offer his help in chopping so the two can relax a little. Francheska accept the offer immediately while Len decided to stay and finish her assign task.

 

"In anime chopping vegetables seems very cool but when your doing it it feels boring" Dominic blurted out of nowhere. Len looked at him with a questioning look on her face.

 

"Shogeki no shouma, you know it? " he followed out trying make Len understand what he is talking about. Luckily, Len nod to say the she knew the topic.

 

"So you like anime?" Len asked flatly just going with the flow of the conversation.

 

"Like it? I love it!" Dominic enthusiastically replied and that make Len chuckle because Dominic is showing the sam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter