»nineteen

The Married Man [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HOSEOK's POV

He didn't see anything. He didn't see Jimin close to me. We had moved apart before he walked through the door. But I was still standing in the store, with two ice cream sundaes waiting for me, with another man on the other side of town.

But, so was my son. Minus the ice cream, he was standing the a random store on the other side of town with a boy. It was like two cars meeting a deer. Both of us looked at each other like water had just been splashed down our backs.

"Dad, Jimin? What are you guys doing here?" How sure was I that he didn't see anything? I wasn't sure what he'd seen. His friend had come in before him, what had he seen?

I was starting to sweat, my hand finding its way to the back of my neck as my eyes darted between Chanwoo and Jimin. Jimin, who looked just as lost as I was, pale and looking around like he was trying to find anything else to look at but what was happening right in front of him.

"We um. We just had a meeting with a high profile client." I started, I needed to keep my lie from earlier together, I didn't want to tell Chanwoo another story that I had told Yebin and Chaewon, or things would get worse for me than they already were. "Jimin was just there as a lawyer." I looked at Jimin, he looked at me, shocked I could only assume at the lie I was telling my son. But he just nodded his head with me, looking back to Chanwoo.

Chanwoo, on the other hand, didn't look convinced, his eyes sliding to the ice cream that was starting to melt beside us. "And instead of going home after your meeting, you went for ice cream?"

"To celebrate," Jimin said, grabbing the two sundaes. "The meeting went well. Who's your friend?"

It was like Chanwoo had just remembered his friend beside, a young man with pale skin and short line up hairstyle with a razor cut line on one side. He was the same height as Chanwoo, but bulkier than him like he had hit the gym more. Wearing a red football jersey and black jeans I had never seen the boy before, and normally I knew all of Chanwoo's friends.

"This is Sehyeong." Plan, simple. Chanwoo walked to the cashier as Sehyeong went down an aisle and grabbed two bottles of coke.

"See you at home," I said to Chanwoo as I walked past him, leaving the store.

I felt gross, the night started off bad, got good, then turned bad again. Jimin and I didn't speak when we got into his car, nor did we speak as he drove through town, our ice creams left the melt in the cup holders. I thought he was taking us back to my car, but I was surprised when he pulled off into a park, parking the car in the empty lot and turning towards me.

I looked at me, sighing as my head lolled to the side, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have put you in that position, to lie like that."

Jimin shook his head, letting out a deep sigh as he looked towards the empty playgr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter