»eleven

The Married Man [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HOSEOK's POV

"Honey, you're going to be late for work," Yebin said softly as she pushed on my shoulder, coaxing me from my restless sleep. I hadn't been feeling well since yesterday morning and had come to the conclusion that I was coming down with a cold. My body ached and shivered, I was sweating through the night but was freezing cold. My sleep was restless and I was blowing my brains out through my nose. Yebin had packed my lunch and had wished me luck on my day, and I couldn't help but feel bitter about the fact that she got to stay at home while I went to work feeling miserable.

But, I was a business owner and I had people who needed their teeth cleaned today. Thankfully I only had four clients today and the last one was at two, so I could leave work early and go home and rest. For now, I was filling up and medications.

I felt like a slug as I walked into the office building, not even caring that my parking spot was yet again taken. It wasn't until I was through the front doors that Jimin had done is everyday greeting of appearing out of nowhere and handing me a coffee, that was now made exactly the way I liked it.

"Wow," He said, "You look like death, are you sick?" His brows knitted with worry as he placed his free hand on my forehead, "Jeez doc, you're burning up. Should you really be here?"

I shrugged, moving past him with a cough, "I have to work, whether I'm sick or not, people pay me to be here and help them with their dental care."

Jimin followed behind me for a moment, before speeding up and getting in front of me with a confused look on his face, "Have you taken anything? You shouldn't be on medication when you're drilling into somebody's mouth."

I narrowed my eyes at him, feeling a ping of annoyance, was he insulting my ability to work? I was in no way impaired enough to not know what I was doing. And maybe it was the fact that after this weekend I wanted to distance myself from Jimin that made everything he did a tad irritating to me, even though it was the intent. I couldn't help it. It was either be irritated with him, or do something I would regret. And I wasn't going to let that happen.

"Listen," I said, pushing past him. "You can worry about your lawyer stuff, and I'll worry about drilling into somebody's mouth. Got it?"

"Hoseok, that not what I-"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter