»eight

The Married Man [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HOSEOK's POV

"Who was that with you anyways? He looked like a kid from my school." Chanwoo was annoyed, it was a little after ten and I had just dropped Jimin off back at his place fifteen minutes ago, and if I was being totally honest I almost missed his presence. He kept making snide little comments during the movie, and normally that would annoy me but I couldn't help but laugh at everything he had said. There was just this air about him that I couldn't pass up or stay mad at. And he seemed to have let everything with Chanwoo go, throughout the whole movie, and the car ride home he never brought it up at all. Which made me feel hopeful that Chanwoo wouldn't bring it up either.

But of course, he would. Who did I think he was?

How could my kids not be nosey with parents like Yebin and I. It's just in our genetics. We were just naturally nosey people.

Even so, Jimin and I didn't stop talking. We had a lot in common, we liked the same hockey team, drank the same beer, like the same shows. He went to private schools in Busan, a bigger city a couple towns over, it was a more... posh city compared to the city of where we lived, and I grew up. But he came from money, his father was a lawyer, like his grandfather before him, and his grandfather before that was a doctor. His mother was a therapist, her family owned a hotel chain, He had an older sister who was a doula and married a lawyer. It almost made me jealous. Sure I have a good job and I made good money, but I didn't grow up with money, and neither did Yebin or her family. We were simple.

But that was okay, friendship was all about two people coming in from different walks of life and getting along.

"It was just a work friend Chanwoo, and he's a lawyer. Unless they're teaching law in your school now I doubt he goes there." Chanwoo slumped in his seat, pulling out his cell phone and doing God knows what on it.

That night in bed, Yebin was pulled up close to me, her front to my back, she was asleep before I had gotten home, she and Chaewon had cleaned up from supper and judging from the fridge there were leftovers. Chanwoo went right to his bedroom when we got home, and I just laid away in bed, until around twelve when my phone vibrated and lit up the dark room.

Now, I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter