»six

The Married Man [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HOSEOK's POV

I couldn't look Chanwoo in the eyes that night, or the next day. Yebin didn't know anything and kept going on about how Chanwoo was on drugs. The rest of that weekend was more than stressful for me. So when Monday finally came around I was more than happy to get out of my house and go to work, today I didn't even care that the who'd been stealing my spot was once again there, even after I had left a note on their windshield last week. Twice.

But it wasn't going to bother me, with my head held high I parked in a few spots and walked into my building, greeting the two ladies that were chatting at the desk and walked to stairs to my office door. Or at least I tried to before I could make it into the stairwell my name was called from behind me. I turned around to come face to face with a smiling Jimin, who held two hot cups in his hand with steam filtering from the lid. "Hey! I bought you coffee, I wasn't sure what you liked so..." I took the outstretched mug from Jimin's hand, once his hand was free the smaller man dug into his pockets pulling out three packets of sugar and four creamers.

I laughed taking one of each and sat the coffee mug down on a nearby table, emptying sugar and cream into the steaming hot liquid. "Thanks," I told him with a smile, earning a toothy grin from Jimin before we both started up the stairs.

"Don't worry about it," Jimin said taking each step gracefully beside me. Today Jimin wore a deep brown suit, that actually reminded me a lot of something my father had worn in the 80's. But not in a bad way, it didn't fit him as my father's suit did obviously. He wore a dark blue tie with the suit and a white dress shirt. His hair was untouched by product and he looked like he hasn't slept at all last night, so before I bid him a farewell I opened the door to my office, nodding my head hoping he would get the hint to come inside.

It didn't take long for Jimin to understand my gesture as he stepped into my office with a loud, dramatic sigh and threw himself into Gayoon's desk chair. "I feel like I could fall asleep right here." He complained, rubbing his two hands down his face as he leaned his head back. His coffee resting on her desk. I frowned, leaning my body on the half wall that separates the front desk from the back of the office, which was really just a hallway that leads to my own office, and to the door to the exam room.

"Still not sleeping?"

Jimin let out another long sigh. "I'm working on a case, husband and wife, seven kids involved, half one foster, three adopted, three their own. It's a sticky case, and I'm not a family case lawyer, but this is the case my grandfather wanted me on for my first one. Said it builds character," He rolled his eyes. "Because helping tear down the walls of a broken home is totally a character trait I want people to think I have."

I pulled up a nearby chair, and sat in next to him and gave his arm a light squeeze." Nobody is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter