Shades of hope

Stay With Me

Third person's P.O.V.

Chanyeol is walking in a road alone. It's a road which will lead you to a park .This road usually remains so busy during day time,but in night time it's not a bit crowded at all . ....And   .....Yes, it's night now.

The lampshades around the road is spreading rays of yellow light in all corners of the way.  Chanyeol stops in front a particular lampshades .This lampshade is relatively new than other lampshades here which can be said so easily just at one glimpse.

This lampshade is the replacement of that lampshade with which a black car had a collision about 2 years ago. The drunk driver of the car  was driving so recklessly .

Normally it's nothing serious accident if such car gets hit with such lampshade. But The drunk driver's car got hit with the lampshade after losing balance which made him more nervous. 

The driver could not help losing more balance after collision with lampshade . The car ended getting hit with the brick-built  boundary wall  of park . During this accident Baekhyun was unfortunately inside this car. An unfortunate victim of an unfortunate incidence..

Baekhyun was  known as "Park B"  in the media that time . His identity wasn't ever revealed to media .After the incidence people used to leave flowers,notes,cards with wishes for Park B  at the place of this lampshade . They prayed for Park B's recovery, they wanted to console Park B's family for his unfortunate loss of twin babies. They also demanded justice for Park B.

As it was a sensitive case then authority took immediate measures . One of the interesting fact of this case is Park B was never present during the trial in court. His family requested the court not to involve him in trial as he lost memories of it after the incidence . Their opinion was as he had traumatic past, introducing him with such cruel truth could have harmful effects on his psychological health.

The authority respected his  family's request . One of the investigator of this case suspected Chanyeol as one of culprits too . It wasn't revealed in media as investigators don't reveal any news without prove .  several investigations  of this case has shown no one among the nearest person of Baekhyun was involved in it. It was just an indistinct incidence . 

The culprits of this case we're punished with highest law by the court . It wasn't not so hard to prove the case as there were enough evidence everywhere and these two criminals previously had  record of involving in cases regarding ual harassment.

Chanyeol keeps the large bouquet of white roses under the lampshade which he has brought with him and sits on the footpath under the lampshade. One time's most sensitive Park B case  is now almost forgotten by everyone. May be it's only Chanyeol who is bearing memories of that cruel day,as Baekhyun has lost this memories .

Today is the second anniversary of that cursed night!!!......

Chanyeol remains silent for about half an hour.  He caresses the white roses of bouquet and mumbles,

"What a unfortunate father I am ! You are still unnamed... I couldn't even named you ... I couldn't even take care of both of you and your mommy when you were near me ....Don't get hurt  as yours mommy can't remember you . I am sure his heart still love both of you a lot. Yours father will always remember you and love you....I am sorry , babies... .."

Chanyeol can't stop the tears falling from eyes . Although he always behaves so strong, the emptiness of Baekhyun around him is destroying him everyday .He stands up . He needs something right now to stop the heart being more swelled with pain ... He needs to forget this memories too...

It was late night when Mrs Park got a phone call saying that her son is so much drunk that he has gone out of control and needed assistance to return home .

Mrs Park called Chanyeol's best friend Yesung a.k.a Dr. Kim Jong won and requested him to help her by taking back Chanyeol from the club.

Yesung immediately went to the club and with the help of club boys he takes out Chanyeol from club and helped to get into car . He took Chanyeol back to home. He helped Chanyeol during climbing the staircase and also make him lay down in the bed .

Mrs Park sighs seeing his only son's condition.She feels guilty as she made deal with Byun family for this marriage. It was started with the deal. She thinks she is reason for why Chanyeol life is spoiled now...

"Sorry for bothering you at such late night , Yesung . I didn't had idea Chanyeol would do the same thing again this year."

Yesung is Chanyeol medical school best friend. Right now he is also working in Yongsan . He is one of the 4 doctors too who anchor for " mystery diagnosis with Yongsan " TV show. Actually today in the morning Mrs Park said him to keep Chanyeol in his vision range to avoid same incidence like the previous year. It hurts to see own son in such condition.

"It's okay , aunty Park. If I knew he was going to do the same thing,I would definitely stop him . He left hospital without saying me. But you know what he behaved so much busy all day long that I thought he has forgotten. "

Yesung looks at his sleeping best friend . Chanyeol doesn't talk much about Baekhyun like before,but he knows Chanyeol always miss Baekhyun a lot.Yesung takes leave from Park mansion saying goodbye to Mrs Park.

Chanyeol wakes up in the morning with throbbing headache. He won't go to hospital today as he has left a one day leave from work application before leaving hospital yesterday . He takes shower with time . Then goes to downstair . 

As he enters the dinning hall ,he can see his mother is waiting for him with made breakfast in the dinning table . He take seat in one corner of table. As he sits down,his mother serves him hangover soup . Instead of talking anything,he silently finish the soup . Mrs Park keeps a painkiller tablet on the table in front of him. She knows Chanyeol usually gets headache after drinking anything hard beverage.

"Chanyeol.... Take this one...."

"Thanks,Eomma..."

" I want to say you something. Life is not  smooth, Chanyeol... There's up and down . I can understand you are suffering because of that  unexpected accident.But it doesn't means to stop your life at that point thinking same thing will happen again . It's been two years, Chanyeol. I don't think he will or can come back again . May be his family has made him to start a new life anywhere. Who knows? It's better to go ahead now . Stop hoping, Chanyeol."

She keeps a photo on the table Infront Chanyeol . Chanyeol looks at the photo for only once . Mrs Park continues,

" Kim taehyung..... Son of Estate empire tycoon Kim family . His elder brother Kim Namjoon is the CEO of the estate company.  Taehyung is well educated and his family has plan to keep him as a member of executive share holders and adviser of the company. I have talked with Kim family . They are willing to get you as son-in-law. Chanyeol,we are  getting a lot of proposals for your marriage . I am not going to convince you again . But I have talked with Kim family because Taehyung has a lot similarities like Baekhyun.  He  almost looks like Baekhyun . You can like him so easily not because of only his look. His personality is just different . He is amazingly a sweet boy."

Chanyeol starts talking while looking at the water of glass Infront of him,

" Eomma?....Do you think I can replace Baekhyun so easily from heart. I love Baekhyun not because of his looks . I loves because he is just he,the only one,who doesn't know to express something artificial .His innocence was so  pure that I sometimes felt that  how I got such a person so close in my life .... it's better to stop ,Eomma . I can't do these when I love someone else .I can live alone with the memory Baekhyun has left for me ."

A memory of Baekhyun is flushing in his mind...

"Chanyeol, family life will make you forget everything . Please marry at least for the sake of Park family . We need a heir, Chanyeol."

"Eomma... I can't........i couldn't be a good husband ,a good father.... May be I can't be a good son to you . I am so Sorry..."

Chanyeol stands up to leave . But Mrs. Park hugs his son and take him in embrace...

" No,Chanyeol . You are the best son  to me and also the best person I have ever seen... It's okay.  Take time.   I am sorry for spoiling your life. Forgive me,Son."

                 *****************************

Hi.... I am back...

So, another chapter without Baekhyun... 

Btw ... Vote and comment for it ..... 

Love you a lot❤️❤️❤️