What Happened That Night

Stay With Me

Third person's P.O.V.

Mr Byun and Kai are talking with Dr. Suho about overall Baekhyun's condition. Mr. Byun is so anxious about his son's condition . So,Kai has taken him to the main surgeon of Baekhyun's surgery.Suho was assuring him about Baekhyun's condition as he could understand the father's vulnerable condition....

Suddenly the door of the room gets open revealing inspector In Gook Do. He is the main investigator of Baekhyun's case.

" Sorry for interruption ,Dr. ... .I would like to talk with Mr. Kim and professor Byun."

Then looking at Mr. Byun inspector In Gook Do continues,

"I was waiting for both of you outside . I have something urgent to do after talking with you . Let's talk outside or in the cafe Infront...."

As during talking he glimpses over Suho , Everyone can understand that inspector doesn't want Suho to be present in the conversation...

Mr. Byun looks at Kai with confused expression . Kai has met inspector in before . He ask ,

"Anything urgent, inspector In?"

" No...Just routine investigation."

Mr. Byun stands up and stretch his hand towards Suho for hand shake,

"Okay....Thanks for your help,Dr. Kim"

" Just call me Suho .You are always welcome . You can anytime consult with me whenever you want."

Mr. Byun nods that he will.....

In the cafe Infront hospital they take seat in one of the corner table . Kai orders coffee for all of them.

" So .... Professor Byun, it's our first meeting . I am in the charge of main investigator in Park Baekhyun case."

"Oh!.....But ....I want that my son's identity should not be published in public ."

Mr. Byun says in stern voice . He is afraid may be Baekhyun will get hurt and depressed if he knows his accident is known to everyone in country...

"Yeah... You know what only part of his name has been published. He is known as "Park B" . We haven't published his full identity, about his family background ,any photo or anything by which people can recognise him."

"Then it's better. I don't want my son to face any difficulty or inferiority complex Infront future about it."

"We have law , professor Byun ....To provide protection to such victim and victim's family. Don't worry about it.

Kai flinches a bit in the word " victim".... It really hurts him that the victim word is applied for Baekhyun.. He starts talking,

" We have already filed a lawsuit and talked with attorney . Is it necessary right now to involve in ? You know that Baekhyun hasn't woke up yet."

" The prosecutor is giving so much importance in this case . He has ordered to prepare all papers as soon as possible . Right now it's really very sensitive case in Korea. It's better if you help us in our investigation..."

"We are helping, aren't we?" Kai says bit loudly.

" Yes, I know it's harsh to talk about this accident again and again . But it's my duty to help you to know about truth."

"Yes,we want to know the truth." 

Mr. Byun clench his fist while saying . He wants to know so desperately that why his innocent son was hurt so badly.

" We have found out the trace of the missing Mobile phone and Baekhyun's belongings . It was taken by a homeless teen-ager boy . He has stated that he just found out that there in a shopping bag which was left by someone. We interrogated him more and then he said he saw a boy crying there in park who was later dragged by two drunken men in a black car ."

"What! He was crying in the park in that night???!...Why the hell the boy didn't help him?"

"The boy is physically terrible handicapped , professor Byun . It's harsh to say but He couldn't help as he doesn't have the ability . His family abandoned him for his physical deformity . We interrogated him why he didn't phoned the police. He said he doesn't have phone and tried to talk with a stranger about it but the person ignored him because of his appearance....

Whatever..... As far as we are sure he is talking the truth . The main reason behind today's meeting with you that did anything happen that night that made Baekhyun so hurt ... I mean what made him crying alone there?"

Mr. Byun looks at Kai who is totally pointless now.....Kai starts talking,

"As far as I knew Kyungsoo made a special reservation for Chanyeol and Baekhyun's dinner date that night . It was there first marriage anniversary."

" May be Chanyeol can say something . Call him right now here,Kai"

Kai phones Chanyeol to come in the cafe in front of hospital .As Chanyeol enters in the cafe, Kai waves his hand at him . Chanyeol steps towards the table and take a seat...

"Chanyeol?"

"Yeah,Dad?"

"Did anything happen between you and Baekhyun that night?"

"That night?"

"The night in which the accident happened...." Kai explains.

Shiever runs through Chanyeol's spine . He wasn't ready for such question to answer....But Mr Byun starts talking impatiently,

"Answer, Chanyeol....You two had reservation at Kyungsoo's restaurant . But why both of you didn't go there? . And why Baekhyun was at park that time?"

"Suddenly I took night shift . So plan was changed."

Inspector In Gook Do suddenly starts talking like interrogating Chanyeol,

"So you two changed plan....When you two met last or talked last that day?"

"That night..."

"What!!!....when?....and .... where?" 

"Baekhyun came to our hospital...Then we met and talked last..."

"Why he came?...was it part of yours' changed plan?"

"No...I couldn't inform him about taking the night shift ,as my phone shut down suddenly . Baekhyun came here as he couldn't get response from me while waiting."

"What was the time when Baekhyun left?"

"It was approximately 8.30..."

"The car accident happened in 9.20.... Did anything happened in between you two?"

Chanyeol can understand the police officer is trying to read his mind and eyes . Everyone is looking at him right now....

" We had a misunderstanding between us.."

"About what?"

" He was waiting for me for hours. I said sorry to him for that . But he misunderstood me."

" Park Chanyeol ,are u trying to fool me saying that Baekhyun misunderstood you for this silly matter. I know my boy . He didn't went back home because of this?.. instead went to park to cry alone!.. the thing, you are saying, Does it make any sense ?" Mr. Byun is angry right now....

Chanyeol downs his head in frustration . If he hides truth it will be complicated . He shutters during talking that,

" Baekhyun misunderstood me that..... That me.....me and one of my colleagues had something.... Something between us like.... Like relationship .... relationship that's more than friendship...."

"Was really any kind of thing between you and your that friend?... Why Baekhyun thought that suddenly after coming in hospital? Or he knew it from before and that day you caught red handed, Mr . Park?"
Inspector In Gook Do asks Chanyeol furrowing his eyebrows...

" No... there's nothing between me and my friend . That night he misunderstood me after seeing me with her talking while walking together from outside. I went outside for dinner a restaurant near hospital instead of cafeteria . It just happened . There was no intention really.. I tried to make him understand . But he didn't give me chance . He left crying . I tried to call him for several times but he didn't pick up my phone . Even I called Eom...."

Before Chanyeol complete his sentence , Mr. Byun says,

" And you left him in such condition, Chanyeol?"

" I didn't know that such terrible thing will happen Infront," Chanyeol replies in shaking voice .

"So you have to know first will anything terrible happen Infront or not. .. It didn't matter to you whether Baekhyun hurt and crying or not . Baekhyun was carrying your babies, Chanyeol. He could die . Was that the proposal you and your family gave me before marrying Baekhyun?"

" I am so sorry for what happened ... I didn't know that Baekhyun was pregnant that time. I will never ev...." Chanyeol says in guilty voice but Kai stops him,

" What type of doctor you are , Chanyeol?.. Even me and Kyungsoo noticed Baekhyun was sick . Even at one time Kyungsoo took him to a doctor . Did you ever noticed how pale and exhausted Baekhyun was looking all the time?"

Inspector In starts again in interrogating voice,

" were you two happy with yours married life?"

Before Chanyeol replies anything ,Mr Byun starts talking angrily,

"It was my fault to trust you.... You and your family fooled me .You all have to pay if anything bad happen to my son."

Mr. Byun was about to punch Chanyeol but Kai stops him....

" Uncle ,no...."

Kai drags him so gently from the cafe after excusing himself to inspector In. Mr. Byun is usually very silent type person ,but his anger is terrible thing about what Kai is afraid of....

After they left it was now only Chanyeol and Inspector In...

"Do you know these two persons who tried to Baekhyun?"

"No .... I haven't seen them from in front yet.... Even didn't know that they exist before the incidence ".

" You know what after what you have said it's gonna be complicated . "

Chanyeol smiles bitterly and replies sarcastically that,

"Okay... Try to find my connection with them .... Why I hired them to my own pregnant spouse ? .. What benefit I have got after Baekhyun was injured badly and miscarriaged ..... and also my benefit after losing our twin babies... ."

Inspector keeps a shopping bag on table taking from ground .

"Baekhyun's belongings .... We have rescued it from different sources . He wasn't carrying too much . ... Just gifts for you and mobile phone... And Mr park, who is that friend with whom Baekhyun suspected you to have relationship?"

"Sandara Park....She is my colleague in same department where I work.... Why you are giving me these while you are suspecting me as a culprit ?" Chanyeol smiles bitterly again.

"Because he bought these gifts for you ..... I don't know whether you were happy with him or not and whether you did anything to him or not ....But I got to know from these gifts that Baekhyun wanted to be happy with you .... You need to know that how much he loved you ...See you later ,Mr. Park"......

***********************

Hi,I am back.....with new chapter obviously......

Is it so bad that you are hesitating to leave a vote for it????.....btw most of the readers hesitate to leave vote for it ,may be my episodes are so bad that doesn't deserve vote . That's my failure obviously😑

I have used a character from K-drama " Strong woman Do Bong Soon" here.....I am a fan of k- drama too...

I hope you are liking this storyline although today's episode is bit different ...I mean bit tiring....

Btw ... Please Vote and comment if u like it

My life is becoming so busy and full of frustration ... If you guys give me response then it will motivate me to write more about this story....

Love you all. ... Happy 2 days late EXO 7th anniversary day...❤️❤️❤️❤️