True Heroes

Forgotten Fighters

Author: I would like to point out that this chapter starts around the same time as chapter 18 started if not a few moments earlier.

D.mon speaking, and it seems that I was right, D.va's mech had received extra jet boosters which caused it to become nearly uncontrollable for her, as it seems that Dae-hyun Park is just unscrewing jet boosters from her mech and having them just fall, and there was him climbing down to do something with the legs, however,I don't really want to know what though. I say nearly because D.va seemed to be able to control it when Dae-hyun Park jumped from my mech to her mech. After like what seems to be about 16 jet boosters come off of D.va's mech, Dae-hyun Park motions for me to come, so that he can make the jump back to my mech, after carefully positioning my mech so that he could make the jump, however, Dae-Hyun Park all of sudden trips on top of D.va's mech and begins to fall from our height. After making a few minor calculations, I give my mech enough speed to pick him up at an angle that would look like he was about to hit the ground, just like in all the action movies. I then turned off the engines to avoid blowing Beast up due to the adjustments as I was starting to feel a little extra heat from the engines, and also because I wanted this act to look cool. 

After a moment of silence I hear D.va scream "What the heck do you think that you are doing?,". 

"Doing the same thing that I did when I met you, rescuing a potential friend, but in a cool dramatic way just like in the movies," I respond.

 "I get that, but you might want to actually catch him instead of having him land on top of your mech, if Dae-hyun Park were to land on top of your mech, he would most likely go unconscious, which would make Dae-hyun Park unable to hold on, there is a big difference between the movie and real life, and in this situation stick to real life," D.va yells. 

"Shoot," I yell as I reboot the engines. They reboot pretty fast, and quickly regain full control of my mech. I move my mech out of Dae-hyun Park's falling area, perform a moving catch to grab him.

After catching him I then immediately land my mech where I hear the words"Gwishin drones have been defeated, get through the publicity stuff and get back here when you are able," from Myrung.

Once my mech had landed I immediately rush out of Beast, and run towards Dae-hyun Park who was lying in Beast’s arms. D.va also lands her mech a short second later, while I was trying to make sure that Dae-hyun Park was alive. Good news is, he was alive as he still had a pulse, bad news is, he had some really bad pain in his back and possibly broken his legs. When I turned around to let D.va know about his condition, and how we should get him to a hospital, I see her standing in front of a massive crowd with a bunch of different news reporters with them. I ask D.va what is going on as I am kinda unsure as to why the crowd would be with us and not with the boys who had most likely, defeated the omnic drones on their own, and that in it of itself was quite remarkable. 

"They are here because they saw what YOU did, while they are interested in me, it seems like they only seem to care about what you did," she responds. 

"Excuse me, but what is your name?" a reporter asks as a bunch of microphones got shoved in my face. 

"My name is Yuna Lee, but most people know me as D.mon," I respond very nervously as I start to feel overwhelmed. 

"OMG I am so proud of my little D.mon," D.va squeals as she begins to tightly hug me. 

"Please just calm down, I am actually pretty overwhelmed by all this," I respond trying to shake D.va off of me, eventually she does let go. 

"Quick question," the reporter began, "what happened as we have seen a lot of things happen and are not sure what the full story is?". 

*A quick summary of all the events that just happened , I got a feeling that you know what happened and that you don't need D.mon to explain everything that just happened to you*

 "... and that's all the events that happened all summed up, now can we please get an ambulance over here, I think this guy could use a trip to the hospital," I say pointing to Dae-hyun laying in my mech's arms, "But, before I go however, I would like to thank my comrades; Casino, King, and Overlord for what they did today, the whole reason that we had our mechs out was due to an Gwishin drone attack, and if it wasn't for what those brave three men did, we probably would not be having this interview right now, or even at all as those three managed to stop the attack from hurting a single soul," 

"But what is so significant about that, while I understand that those 3 defeated an omnic attack what make what they did so great, no one saw it, and due to that, no one was recording the incident. How are you even sure it's even true?" the reporter asked. 

"Simple, there mechs aren't entirely designed for combat, Overlord's mech is more of a backup plan than a fighter, Casino's mech is designed to stall to give the rest of us time to prepare, and King's mech is the closest one to being viable for combat out of the 3, but it lacks any good armour, and this is all true because I have evidence of what they did, I attached a camera on Overlord's mech Mastermind, and if you are watching Overlord this doesn't entirely mean that I want to go out with you, but I do still like you as a friend, but anyway it recorded everything that had happened from the moment the 5 of us left the hangar to right now, as that camera just so happened to have been wirelessly broadcasting all of it's input onto my flash drive 3.0. Here, you take it," I reply after giving the flash drive 3.0 to the reporter lady before helping the EMTs lift Dae-hyun Park's body into the ambulance. The EMT's are estimating that Dae-hyun Park should be able to survive the fall, but there will be a pretty long period of time in which he will be in a wheelchair, as they are estimating that he may have also fractured a few bones in his legs.

"OMG, how selfless of my little D.mon, I can't believe you would do that during our fun shopping excursion," D.va says.

I feel like my cheeks are turning red from embarrassment. After clarifying that this is not how D.va normally acts whenever she is alone or with any of her squadmates, as D.va is just really proud of what her friend did most likely, D.va and I hope inside of our mechs to depart. 

Once I leave, I received an intriguing radio call that was pretty loud and caused me to immediately turn down my comm system volume, which said "Yo, D.mon, we just heard what you said about us, and we couldn't thankful enough, how do we even repay you for mentioning us like that, and for putting that camera," 

“The King can’t thank you enough,” Comes another response from was most likely King.

Smiling I respond with "You can start by no longer tampering with D.va's mech, also by not taking it against me for siding with D.va," 

"What do you mean by 'tampering with D.va's mech', we did none of the sort," comes the response from what was most likely Casino. 

"I mean the three of you adding 16 extra jet boosters to her mech, also how are you communicating with me without D.va knowing about this," I reply. 

"Simple, remember that communication drone that you asked for, I managed to reroute the transmissions, so it's between the four of us and excludes D.va," comes the response from what sounded like Overlord. 

I had forgotten about the communication drone, I look over to my right and the blue drone just happened to be flying right by me and, just like I had promised, it was still intact. "Ok, but that does not answer the other part of my question," I remind the boys. "

“We did not attach 16 extra jet boosters to D.va's mech, the King none of us would even consider giving anyone the same experience that we had to deal with from the extra jet booster incident," comes the response from most likely King. 

"Even though the evidence makes sense, you probably wanted to give D.va to same experience we had during the jet engine incident as that's all Casino can think about," I respond, "but don't worry, your secret is safe with me," 

"Fine, fine, we did do it, but still we thank you for what you said about us, from the bottom of our hearts," comes the reply. 

“Your Welcome," I respond as D.va and I arrive back at HQ.