Overlord's story

Forgotten Fighters

Hello there, I guess it's my turn... I am Seung-hwa Shi (Se-ung-ha-wa-she), but most people know me as Overlord. As the youngest member of MEKA I pilot the smallest and smartest mech; Mastermind. I got a feeling you probably want to know what makes Mastermind so smart, and I will get to that ... later. For now I think it's time for people to learn about my backstory and what I have been through. I have always been pretty shy, so please excuse me if things do break up or break apart. My story starts in elementary school where I had quickly discovered that I was one of the smartest students in my class. The thing is though, like I am currently, I was shy and was very much afraid of sharing information with others. Now that I look back on that I wish that I was not shy as I once was because then maybe I could have met other people and not be overshadowed by others like I am now. I remember how much I hated to presentations in any class because that meant that I would have to stand up in front of the class with everyone looking at me expectantly and I remember one time when I had tripped over nothing and everyone laughed at me. I felt so embarrassed. I had never even told that story to anyone because of how embarrassing it was, not even the other MEKA pilots know about it because if they found out about it I felt that they would immediately report it to Captain Myrung who would immediately remove me because how can I fight the omnics if I can't even keep myself balanced. Since I was so shy, I wasn't hanging out with all that many people, so news mainly came from things I had overheard from other kids or stuff from the news. This caused me to overhear something about a video game called "Mario Kart 11; Now With SEGA Characters," so after getting permission from my parents I had purchased it as well as the console for it which was called the “Turbo Graphic 10000; Now able to keep up with the other gaming consoles and it even does what Nintendon’t, and what Nintendo as well,”. At first I thought that I had just wasted a good amount of money, afterall I was not very good at it at first, and the company later got sued for stealing a phrase used by SEGA. It was not until I practiced for a few days that I had began to have gotten pretty good and while I probably wasn't the best at it, I had managed to make myself feel like I was at a level in which I felt confident that video games could make me want to play more of them, but that was what I told my parents, there was more. When I was playing Mario Kart 11t, I no longer felt as shy as I once was, I felt like I was one of the characters, inside the cockpit of my car, racing alongside the other characters with the same intent as the rest of the characters ... win the race. Those two things pretty much inspired me to begin my entire gaming career. However, I never really participated in any gaming tournaments due to my shyness. I could never handle being in front of an audience. It was just like how I never liked presenting at school. I did do one tournament though. I remember it quite vividly. I remember seeing an add for it online. I thought that it would be a great thing for me to participate in as I felt like I could do anything, and it was even for a game that thought that I was pretty good at, the game was called “Mecha Guardian IV; not as great as Mecha Guardian V, but we wanted to at least keep some people interested in our games,” in case anyone was wondering. I entered my name as Overlord because overlords were very methodical people, and I had felt very methodical in my logic. I did not as well as I had thought. It was not because I was bad at the game. It was not because everyone else was better than me at the game. It was not because my station was broken because the guy who used it before me threw a rather large temper tantrum because they could not enter the code to use some sort of secret character. It was because of the crowd. I had expected that there wouldn't be as big of a crowd as there was, and I was wrong. There was a large crowd there and I had not expected that. It was due to that, that I did not perform all that well. I remember going into the first game and losing. At the end I was shaking, and sweating. I felt like I was about to cry. The thing is though, I did not cry, I did not give up. I knew that I had the potential, I just had to figure out how I was going to show the world that I had the potential. As I would be playing video games at my house (I had managed to move out of my parent's house) I also would also be working to at least give myself more cash and with my job, it involved me talking to others because I felt like I at least try to become more social than I was before. While, I was not one of the most public video game players out there as I suffered from stage-fright as it's apparently called, I still was never able to show everyone what I could truly do. It was then that I received a message on my phone from my father. "I have seen you playing your video games, and I think that there is an opportunity out there for you that could incorporate your video game playing," he then sends me a link to a website for a group called MEKA. I checked it out and it looked pretty interesting, protecting South Korea from a robot army sounds like a cool occupation. Little did I realize that all the fame that comes from this job would get taken away from me by a woman who wears pink triangular whiskers on her cheeks. Through this job, I felt like I could finally show the world who I truly was as without my stage fright would no longer harm me anymore. I decided to see about applying since I knew that I would not receive an invitation message in my inbox because I never went public with my gaming. After waiting for what felt like an eternity I finally did receive an email that said that they would be accepting my application. I remember how excited I felt after reading it thinking that finally I would get to show the world my abilities. I remember my first day when I met my squadmates, little did I know at that time that one of them would steal all the fame and publicity. I also remember asking them how they got involved and hearing that they had all received letters of requests, I pretended to have received a letter of request as I did not want them to know that I had applied online. I remember mech choosing day, the girls went first and I went last. I remember at first not liking Mastermind. I remember begging Captain Myrung for me to be able to swap mechs. I also remember the eventual bond I formed with my mech, and now it's time that fulfill my promise that I made earlier as I will now explain what makes Mastermind the smartest mech of the 5. Mastermind is not designed for battle, the armour is way too weak, and Mastermind does not have all that many offensive items to it's disposal, however, Mastermind the most important mech of the 5. It's one of the two mechs that keeps the pilot fully in the cockpit which makes me feel more protected. It's also a backup com unit, so if we were to lose normal comms we can still communicate using Mastermind's frequency, and it can do a bunch of other supporting things. Anyway there you have it, my story, Overlord out.