Modifying the Beast

Forgotten Fighters

D.mon speaking. Time to meet up with an old as well as a good friend of mine at the door to the hangar known as D.va. Got the livestreaming equipment with me, and I am so excited to hook it all up. It's feels kinda weird to say this, but I actually want an omnic attack to happen soon as I want to just use this stuff and see how everyone will react to the new perspective. I mean I am pumped for that to happen, because it's time that people start acknowledging my existence. I am kinda worried though, what if the boys all of a sudden see me as an enemy, and they try to add more jet boosters to my mech, and then it will get both of it’s legs amputated again. It's no use thinking about it right not, as that probably won't happen. As I approach the hangar door I see no one there, D.va might be a little late, she did seem a tad more exhausted than me when we finished our shopping, so she may take a little longer than normal. As I begin to think that through, D.va makes her down the corridor to the hangar. She seems to be wearing a smile, I guess because she is excited to help out a childhood friend. Can't say I can blame her as that would be exactly how she would be whenever I had to stop her lunch money being taken from her by all the high school bullies, sometimes I remember turning around to see her, and even when I had thought the worst things had happened to her, she always turned and smiled back at me. I would always smile back to her as her smiles were contagious even back then, and whenever she smiles at you, you just gotta smile back. 

"You ready to become just as popular as I am D.mon?" D.va asks. 

"I have been looking forward to that moment ever since the day I joined MEKA," I reply sounding as heroic as possible. D.va begins to laugh. "What is so funny, it is the truth?" I ask 

"It's not that, it was your voice, it sounded so masculine," She replies I think about that comment for a short period of time until I realize something. 

"It's the way I want to sound once I start becoming as famous as you, as it makes me sound strong, just like why I came here to become,". I reply

"Ok then, but we should get a move on, if Gwishin were to attack right now, no one would be able to see their new star in action," D.va says. 

We walk into the hangar, just as the other door closed. Probably was the janitor as the floor does look a lot cleaner than before. We stride across the neon blue floor over the my mech Beast, and that was when we cued the copyrighted music that can't be mentioned to avoid getting sued. First D.va instructs me as to why all the good places to mount the main camera are. I thought that I could put anywhere I wanted, but as D.va discovered during the first battle she live streamed, there are places where the camera is more likely to fly off in flight or get smashed by Gwishin. So after D.va took a close inspection of the layout of my mech, she pointed out the 2 best areas for the main camera, the top part of the mech for a more first person view, but would be vulnerable to a simple swipe or below the black hole in the center of the mech, that no one seems to know how it works, which would be a tad safer, but would be more likely to get obstructed than it would be if it was mounted at the top. I choose to have the main camera at the bottom, because we managed to get a good deal (or the D.va deal as the store insisted on calling it) on an extra camera, that I had planned on putting in the cockpit of my mech facing out as my first person view camera. After D.va helps me attach the camera to the bottom part of the mech, we start handling the face camera and the cockpit camera to get those attached. After that D.va hands me the microphones for me to find a good place for them that won't obstruct the face camera, but would still improve the audio quality as according to her; camera audio tends to be pretty bad. 

"In order for us to get all the technical stuff done you will want to grab your laptop that way you can experiment with the different settings, configure the cameras, setup your live streaming account, and give yourself time to personalize all your settings on your live streaming account," D.va says. 

"Ok, give me a sec that way I can go grab my laptop from my room," I respond already making my well towards the door. 

*3 minutes later* 

"Got my laptop, what do I need to do?" I ask as I come back inside that hangar. 

"Ok so first you are going to want to pair the cameras with your laptop, you will need a special app called Camera Pairer to do so," D.va says. 

I go into the app store on my laptop and quickly find the Camera Pairer app. After clicking download, the computer says that would take 3 hours to download, why did I think it would be a good idea to buy this Pineapple Brand Laptop, I mean it’s better than the garbage Mokusoft produces, but it’s still garbage. "Is there anyway to make it download faster?" I ask. 

"Don't worry it may say 3 hours, but it means something like 2 minutes, Pineapple laptops always decide to over exaggerate how long it takes to download something," D.va explains. 

Like D.va had said, it took 2 minutes and I was able to pair the cameras with ease with D.va's help to read the codes on them. 

"Now with that done, you will now want to setup a live streaming account that way you can post your live streams. I like to use APMTV.kr as that's what seems to be trendy, as well as they make the functionality of things a lot easier," D.va suggests.

 I go onto Googs and search up APMTV.kr and quickly set up an account under the username D.mon as no one has taken it. Most likely because no one knows who I am. No wonder the other 3 did not want to do this plan, their names have probably been taken due to how generic there names are. After setting up all my settings to the way I want them. "I finished setting up my account, then what?" I ask intent on finding out what is needed to do next. 

"Next you will want to get the cameras that you paired using Camera Pairer and hook those up to to APM, then you can mess around with the settings until you find what you think is best suited for you," D.va elaborates.

 It took me a little while to figure out how to link the cameras to APM, but once I did, I immediately started trying to find the best settings. Once I finally do get my settings in a position that I liked it, I ask D.va to come over and give me her opinion. 

"I think it suits who you are," D.va says. 

"Thank you, one last question, how will I get viewers, everyone is probably going to be focused on you instead of me," I ask. 

"Don't worry, at the start of my livestream, I will give a shoutout that way people know what your channel name is, and can go visit your channel," D.va says. 

"Sounds good," I reply as D.va walks out of the hangar. I decided to stay for a little while longer because I had secretly purchased a fourth camera, and I wanted to attach it to one of the boy's mechs that way they could at least get some credit. I mean as the defender, I care a lot about the other pilots so yeah. After using Camera Pairer to connect the camera to my laptop, and then having the camera broadcast it's inputs to my flash drive 3.0. Now the choice was who's mech deserved the camera. Casino could use it because he is the first one into combat, but once the rest of us arrive, his job is mainly crowd control so it won't be that interesting. Overlord is probably the best choice for this as he tends to be in the back of our formation, so people can see what everyone is doing. After attaching the camera to his mech in a discreet location I finally leave the hangar with my laptop. It was time that D.va and I are going to play some "Team Fortress 4; now free to play players can trade with pay to play players without spending any money," together to celebrate our reunion.