False Heroes

Forgotten Fighters

Casino here, and this battle is tough. Using Overlord's idea we have been able to take out a good amount of the Gwishin drones, however a few more just came. 

"Oh no, they're repopulating, over" Overlord screams, possibly while peeing and pooping his pants ... that will make laundry a nightmare as it is my turn for the laundry, and now I have to deal with Overlord's “accident”. 

I should have expected this though as the omnic love to mess with our expectations. For example, there was one time that D.va thought her sidearm pistol (I don't know what she wants to call it, nor do I care, but the scientific name of it is the sidearm pistol) would do a good amount of damage against a Gwishin drone that had attached itself to her mech, but the gun did not even leave a mark on the drone. Anyway, King has been providing some cover fire, even if it is not doing all that much damage to any of the drones, and Overlord has been calling in repair drones and attack drones to distract the omnic drones. This gives me time to move into position as well as gives the repair drones time to repair my mech since not all my dodges have been all that clean. By the way, I am the only one who can actually perform the task of "fighting without fighting" due to how nimble La Princesse is compared to Singijeon and Mastermind. While the attack drones seem to be removing some of the omnic drone's tough armour, it's not enough for King to deal enough damage to even be able to blow them up, even with the enhancement drone on him. From the looks of situation at the moment, this is probably the last part of the omnic drone reinforcements that will be arriving for this attack, so I just gotta keep everything steady and make sure I can keep the fight going, as King is now making some marks into the omnic's armour with his missiles. This entire battle is just becoming a mess of dodging an attack to blow up some Gwishin drones, and throwing bananas to do minor damage, and BOOOOM (D.va stole that phrase from me, I had originated it, not her) another Gwishin drone just went down from friendly fire, I now count 4 left. I already know that King needs to blow up the last one because you can’t have someone kill themselves with friendly fire, so I just gotta slowly reduce their numbers. After getting shot at some more and dodging the fire, the count goes to 3. King fires his missiles once again and despite Overlord and my doubt because we thought that they would have done nothing, the missiles actually left reasonably large dent in the Gwishin drone, Overlord takes advantage of this and charges Mastermind straight into the Gwishin drone causing the drone to break apart and bring the amount down to 2.

 "I can't pull up, over" Overlord yells.

 "Don't worry I got you, over" I respond, giving Overlord's mech a small kick to get him back on land. 

"That was close, over" King says. 

"Way too close, over" Overlord says "Remind me to never attempt that again, as my pants seem to feel pretty wet, over". Perfect, it's my turn to do laundry and now I got a pretty good chance that Overlord’s uniform is completely toxic and should only be touched by either himself or someone in a hazmat suit. At this point I am pretty sure that Overlord has enough poo in his pants to clog a toilet … I am having a hard time trying to get that picture out of my head. King fires another barrage of missiles which this time fully knocked out it’s target. Now that it’s down to 2 left, I have to take out the second to last one that way King can immediately blow up the last one. As I take my spot right beside one of the Gwishin drones, I then feel a sense of relief, the three of us will finally be seen as heroes. After dodging some gunfire, the count goes down to 1 and King finishes off the last omnic. Things just seem to have gone almost perfectly other than Overlord nearly drowning himself and peeing his pants. The large army of drones seem to have left, so Overlord probably had them leave.

“BEFORE YOU ASK IT’S NOT PEE, IT’S SWEAT,” Overlord screams once he had landed at both me and King.

“Just keep telling yourself that, the King knows the truth, over” King says,

 We then begin getting ourselves prepared to greet the large crowd behind us on the ground and give out autographs and finally receive all the recognition we deserved from the beginning, maybe I can even become renowned by my parents, but that never truly happened though. There was no massive crowd to greet us, there was no news reporting team, there wasn’t even anyone from the Shooting Star documentary. All that was behind us were some tall buildings and nothing else. I would have at least thought that their would have been at least someone who had recorded our uphill battle against the Gwishin drones, but no one is here. "Any of you know why no one is here to congratulate us for defeating the threat?" I ask unsure if we had done something wrong. 

"Maybe since you got the crowd to move away from the action, they all got scared and ran away, because they thought that King would blow everything up again" Overlord says. 

"Doubt it, the King thinks that we should head back to HQ that way we can figure out where everyone is and do a press conference, also the King thinks that everyone has gotten over him blowing everything up," King says. 

"Good thinking," I respond. 

*5 minutes later, ha gotcha, you thought that there was going to be a really cool transition in point of views* 

The three of us have now arrived back at base which is located in Bujin South Korea btw, and we make our way to the meeting room. On our way, I ask "Is it possible that whatever D.mon was doing would get more attention than what we were doing?". 

"Impossible, she did not hold off an Gwishin drone attack like we did," Overlord says. 

When we made it into the meeting room, and the TV, what we saw blew our minds. 

"That can't be true, they didn't participate in our fight with the Gwishin drones, why are they getting the attention and not us," King says.

 "Why are we being ignored, even though we did all the heavy lifting" Overlord says. 

"We should talk to D.mon about this, I mean, she is stealing all the fame that should go to us just like D.va did, let's sabotage her mech as well," I respond, but then we hear something that changes our thoughts all together. 

"The King asks that we should go and inspect Overlord's mech," King demands. 

"I am with you," Overlord responds. We then go back to the hangar where the three of us start inspecting certain areas of Overlord's mech, and when we finished we found something extra that should not have been attached to it. 

"Would this be considered tampering?" King asks very much unsure of what the heck was happening, he was not alone either as I had no idea what was happening either. 

"No, because it did not impede anything that Mastermind could do, I was still able to call drones, I was able to communicate with both of you using private communications, and I was even able to launch my drones, this is a pretty high quality camera and if I am correct from my inspection, it should be broadcasting it's signal to a third party device," Overlord responds. “If this is tampering, then the person plans on doing bad things with the information that was exported, but my gut says otherwise,” 

 "How does this really affect us though,?" I ask. 

"Quite simple if everything D.mon said was true, it is finally time that we become recognized for what we do and retrieve the fame that was stolen from us by D.va" Overlord responds. 

When Overlord finishes, I began to feel my eyes begin to widen at Overlord's response, and the expression on my face changes entirely.